dcsimg

Extension wings for t4b Gravity rise stand

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I really like how that stop flips out of the way, and then is back in the same spot. Very clever.

You dont even need to flip it up and over. Its designed so you can just push a board up against the front of it, and it will slip right under.

I noticed that, What a great design. Without going back to look at the pic again how do you fine tune adjust the tape? And I spect the stop has a simple thumb set screw type thing?

EDIT; Ok I went back and looked LOL, I see the nice big set screw but still wondering about the tape

Adjustable cursor on the stop. Im gonna head to the shop in a bit, I’ll get a pic later.

Ohhhh ok I see, Ya just get it pretty close when ya stick down the tape then adjust a cursor for the fine tuning? Very good, Gee I didn’t think of that. Makes perfectly good sense, A pic of it would be cool too IF ya get around to it. But I understand now, It’s like my table saw fence has a little adjustable arrow. Thanks

Yeah pretty much. The instructions say to cut a piece of scrap the height of the fence, and exactly 24″ long. Then butt that piece up to the teeth of the blade. Mark the end on the track and put the 24 3/8″ mark on the tape on the mark you made on the track. Then fine tune the cursor from there. Very much like the cursor on a table saw.

Ahhh very good, I like that. Are you going to add more bracing at the ends or do ya think the stand wings are tough enough? It’d be nice if they were

For general use I think theyre fine on their own. If I were to use it for coping or sanding or something I think I would like to add some other support. Maybe just a third hand pole. I could probably incorporate some sort of flip down adjustable leg if I needed to as well

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I could probably incorporate some sort of flip down adjustable leg if I needed to as well

I like this idea the best as it would always be with the extension. I’m digging the holes on yours as well. I am incorporating that into all my tables and extensions (for my drill press as well)

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Very nice setup! Somehow I missed this thread. I have something very similar. The Kreg fence is great. I also have the t-track for a crown stop. Here is the crown stop I made.

I like the dog holes on yours. Do you use them for extra clamping ability?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Very nice setup! Somehow I missed this thread. I have something very similar. The Kreg fence is great. I also have the t-track for a crown stop. Here is the crown stop I made.

Thanks. I like that crown stop. I was just gonna put some small squares on the t track. This is a much better idea.

The holes are for extra clamping if I need to use it as a work surface, I figure it would be good for mounting jigs to as well. I need to make a coping jig for my Colin’s coping foot, and I was thinking it would be nice to just speed clamp through the holes.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I could probably incorporate some sort of flip down adjustable leg if I needed to as well

I like this idea the best as it would always be with the extension. I’m digging the holes on yours as well. I am incorporating that into all my tables and extensions (for my drill press as well)

Yeah there is 3/4 inch of dead space under neath. The legs could told flat and not take up any more space.

Thanks. I like that crown stop. I was just gonna put some small squares on the t track. This is a much better idea.

The holes are for extra clamping if I need to use it as a work surface, I figure it would be good for mounting jigs to as well. I need to make a coping jig for my Colin’s coping foot, and I was thinking it would be nice to just speed clamp through the holes.

That’s a great idea on the coping jig! I would love to see what you come up with.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Did the stand itself come assembled or did you have to put it together ?

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

If you mean the T4B stand, it comes in pieces and takes a little while to assemble it, but its not difficult.

I also missed this thread but was quickly interested because i also have the T4B stand and love it. makes pushing around the 12″ SCMS a breeze. Really nice work on the wings @aa_custom – very clean cut.

cranbrook2
    Pro

If you mean the T4B stand, it comes in pieces and takes a little while to assemble it, but its not difficult.

I also missed this thread but was quickly interested because i also have the T4B stand and love it. makes pushing around the 12″ SCMS a breeze. Really nice work on the wings @aa_custom – very clean cut.

Thanks ! That is what I was wondering , im glad to hear it isn’t too hard to put together . 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks ! That is what I was wondering , im glad to hear it isn’t too hard to put together . :-)

I thought it was fun to assemble, But I like that sort of thing

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I found it easy to put together as well. Strange enough, I don’t collapse it for storage, it takes up about as much room folded as it does set up, BUT the wheels are really handy and it makes it nice to move around.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

cranbrook2
    Pro

I found it easy to put together as well. Strange enough, I don’t collapse it for storage, it takes up about as much room folded as it does set up, BUT the wheels are really handy and it makes it nice to move around.

That is why I want to get it because I do a lot of work in my yard and it will be much easier to wheel around .

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

That is why I want to get it because I do a lot of work in my yard and it will be much easier to wheel around .

are you saving up points for it? What saw do you plan to mount on it?

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

It’s a pretty straightforward assembly. It always makes me laugh when people give things negative reviews on Amazon because they don’t know how to assemble it or how to use it right.

It does take up a fair bit of real estate when it’s folded up.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

It does take up a fair bit of real estate when it’s folded up.

yes it does, but it makes it very easy to store a larger 12″ saw in a corner somewhere. otherwise you are probably taking up table top space for the saw.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sweet. This might make sense for my small workshop.

Doobie

If I’m not mistaken John has the Bosch 5312 on it.

cranbrook2
    Pro

You are correct ! 🙂

Attachments:
    Doobie

How high is the bed that the saw sits on off the ground? I was thinking of getting that stand for my Dewalt 10″ Tile Saw I just bought, but I was also looking at the TS2000 Bosch table saw stand also. The problem (I think) with the TS2000, is that it only sits 25 or so inches off the ground. I’m thinking that going to be too low to work on comfortable.

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=TS2000

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

You are correct ! :-)

i have the exact same setup – she’s a beauty!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.699 seconds