dcsimg

Extension wings for t4b Gravity rise stand

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow I sure like those stops, That track was a nice upgrade for sure. Nice job I like it

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Yeah the kreg setup is pretty sweet. I got the stops dialed in pretty well so I can just set and forget. That whole setup was only an extra 30 bucks over the way I was going to do it. I wanted the kreg setup from the beginning, but it was in a weird spot in the store.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I really like those stops. Where did you get the tracks and stops – somewhere local or online?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

How long are the fences?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

@chadm, got the kit at rockler. 130 bucks for two stops and 8 feet of track.

@thedude the fences are 4ft each.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

@chadm, got the kit at rockler. 130 bucks for two stops and 8 feet of track.

@thedude the fences are 4ft each.

@aa_custom
    That’s not a bad price. Every time I go to Rockler I wind up going to the Cheesecake Factory and eating too much….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Really like the way this comes together. Had a hard time picturing it in my mind at first. That’s looking good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I really wish mine had accurate markings with a stop of some kind for a quicky cut and move on type thing, I need to work on that too

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I just sold a nice custom trim job, so I will put this to use on that. I’ll report more on it when I put it though some work.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

How do you line it up with the saw fence, just a long straight edge?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

How do you line it up with the saw fence, just a long straight edge?

Yep.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I really like how that stop flips out of the way, and then is back in the same spot. Very clever.

Brad T

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I really like how that stop flips out of the way, and then is back in the same spot. Very clever.

You dont even need to flip it up and over. Its designed so you can just push a board up against the front of it, and it will slip right under.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You dont even need to flip it up and over. Its designed so you can just push a board up against the front of it, and it will slip right under.

I noticed that, What a great design. Without going back to look at the pic again how do you fine tune adjust the tape? And I spect the stop has a simple thumb set screw type thing?

EDIT; Ok I went back and looked LOL, I see the nice big set screw but still wondering about the tape

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I noticed that, What a great design. Without going back to look at the pic again how do you fine tune adjust the tape? And I spect the stop has a simple thumb set screw type thing?

EDIT; Ok I went back and looked LOL, I see the nice big set screw but still wondering about the tape

Adjustable cursor on the stop. Im gonna head to the shop in a bit, I’ll get a pic later.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Adjustable cursor on the stop. Im gonna head to the shop in a bit, I’ll get a pic later.

Ohhhh ok I see, Ya just get it pretty close when ya stick down the tape then adjust a cursor for the fine tuning? Very good, Gee I didn’t think of that. Makes perfectly good sense, A pic of it would be cool too IF ya get around to it. But I understand now, It’s like my table saw fence has a little adjustable arrow. Thanks

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Ohhhh ok I see, Ya just get it pretty close when ya stick down the tape then adjust a cursor for the fine tuning? Very good, Gee I didn’t think of that. Makes perfectly good sense, A pic of it would be cool too IF ya get around to it. But I understand now, It’s like my table saw fence has a little adjustable arrow. Thanks

Yeah pretty much. The instructions say to cut a piece of scrap the height of the fence, and exactly 24″ long. Then butt that piece up to the teeth of the blade. Mark the end on the track and put the 24 3/8″ mark on the tape on the mark you made on the track. Then fine tune the cursor from there. Very much like the cursor on a table saw.

I just sold a nice custom trim job, so I will put this to use on that. I’ll report more on it when I put it though some work.

Nice putting it to work .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah pretty much. The instructions say to cut a piece of scrap the height of the fence, and exactly 24″ long. Then butt that piece up to the teeth of the blade. Mark the end on the track and put the 24 3/8″ mark on the tape on the mark you made on the track. Then fine tune the cursor from there. Very much like the cursor on a table saw.

Ahhh very good, I like that. Are you going to add more bracing at the ends or do ya think the stand wings are tough enough? It’d be nice if they were

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That’s even nicer that it gets out of its way on its own. I really have to make a set of these. I think I might go longer on one side just for the long trim and put a support out on the end. I think the factory extensions should hold 4′ no problem.

I need to make a zero clearance insert for the table if nothing else

Brad T

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.560 seconds