dcsimg

Extension wings for t4b Gravity rise stand

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Well, I found some time to get started on this project I’ve been wanting to do for a while. I’m making a set of extension wings for my t4b stand so I can have a solid work surface. Here are some photos. Pardon the mess.

Adjustable, removable fence. It slides on two small sections of t track, and locks in with some toggle cams.
    I’m going to swap the t track out for the kreg top track I think.

T track on each side so I can attach some crown stops I’m going to make.

I was going back and forth for a while on how to mount it. I didn’t want to drill into the saw or remove the on board extensions. Then I noticed there was a t track on the saw stand. Ding ding ding!

I’ll post up some more photos as they come. I’m pretty happy with it so far.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Very nice work and great idea! I like how you clipped it where it meets the saw .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Thanks, gotta clip it like that to keep the full miter range.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I really couldn’t tell in the pic – what, if anything, are you using for end supports?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I really couldn’t tell in the pic – what, if anything, are you using for end supports?

Nothing yet. I’ll probably pick up some fastcap third hands for it at some point.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

so they come off quick so you can take the saw with you right?

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

so they come off quick so you can take the saw with you right?

They’re actually just held in place with a domino. Pop it out and take the wings right off.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

ok that is sweet then, for a second i was wondering why take away the portability. But if they come off it works for both shop and job

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Yeah, the vertical fences even come off to make storage easier.

I was hopping you started a thread on this since I seen your photo on Instagram . So far I like what you did for extensions . Holes for less weight or clamp stops .

Always willing to learn .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I was hopping you started a thread on this since I seen your photo on Instagram . So far I like what you did for extensions . Holes for less weight or clamp stops .

Weight, clamps and storage. Stops are going to be integrated into the t tracks

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Good thinking. Looks like it will work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nothing yet. I’ll probably pick up some fastcap third hands for it at some point.

Wow way cool, Nice job. I wonder if you could use the existing t4b wings for support? Maybe they ain’t tough enough?

EDIT; Aww crap stupid question nevermind, I do see them out now too LOL

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very nice project. They look very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Very clever.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

LOVE it, I need to do this as well. I really like where yours is going.

Did you think about incorporating a zero clearance fence at all?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Wow this is an excellent idea. I am thinking one could also use alum extrusions for the fence as well, but that is just me being a fan of 80/20.

What are you thinking about using for a stop?

John S

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

LOVE it, I need to do this as well. I really like where yours is going.

Did you think about incorporating a zero clearance fence at all?

if anything just adding something to the fence extensions that just came on the saw. I can slide my fences forward to meet it if I need to as well.

I’m gonna swap the t track out for the kreg top track and get the kreg stops

Weight, clamps and storage. Stops are going to be integrated into the t tracks

Good idea .

Always willing to learn .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

just put the kreg track and stops on.

mounting system. attach the wings to the mounting block via bolts with wings nuts. Made elongated holes for adjustablility with my domino tool. After mounting the wings to the mounting bracket, slide towards the saw and tighten the knob

heres the other size. got the wrong size bolts because the hardware section at home depot is a mess. just temporarily held on with a spring clamp. This one is a better view of the t track.

another view of the mounting system.

fence mount

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.657 seconds