dcsimg

Essential router accessories

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’ve added the Jessem router table guides recently. Highly recommend over featherboards. Well worth the money. Here’s some more pics.

That is a nice looking set up you have Doobie. I can see where the rollers would be a lot nicer than a feather board. We have power feeders on some of the sharper’s at the cabinet shop that makes everything easier.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Man that looks like a great router table setup you’ve got going there. So you like the JessEm better than the feather boards?

Those Jessem guides are amazing and I highly recommend them. They are offset by 5 degrees forcing the stock towards the fence and the adjustability of the downward force is a heck of a lot simpler and more reliable than any man made or third party manufactured featherboards I’ve ever used.

Not long after they came out with those guides for the router table, they came out with table saw guides that are similar in design. Twice the price as the router ones, but they are sweet also.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Essential?? Prob not, but another project off the to do list. Jessem insert holder.

Untitled by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

Untitled by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Doobie

Essential?? Prob not, but another project off the to do list. Jessem insert holder.

I have those also but just keep them all on hooks. How did ypu make the slots?

You guys might like this router bit diamond hone from M.Power

http://www.woodpeck.com/mprouterbitsharpener.html

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Looks like a glue-up.
    Gives a nice symetrical design on the sides. Could have routed slots in a block, but then they wouldn’t fan apart.
    I like it.

Attachments:
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Good idea Thanks

You guys might like this router bit diamond hone from M.Power

http://www.woodpeck.com/mprouterbitsharpener.html

and another. I could use that right now.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Looks like a glue-up.
    Gives a nice symetrical design on the sides. Could have routed slots in a block, but then they wouldn’t fan apart.
    I like it.

OK. Thanks. Figured it out now.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

just set the depth stop on the sliding miter saw and cut cut the slots. Cut the two sides off, rotated and glued it up. Works great.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I’ve added the Jessem router table guides recently. Highly recommend over featherboards. Well worth the money. Here’s some more pics.

I have liked the router guides as well so far.

@doobie
    , what pushed you to choose the complete Jessem setup over the Incra setup?

John S

Doobie

I have liked the router guides as well so far.

@doobie, what pushed you to choose the complete Jessem setup over the Incra setup?

I got my Jessem when that design first came out 10 years ago. There was a good deal on it at a woodworking show I was attending, so I pulled the trigger. The Incra was not that well known in Canada back then and also Jessem is a Canadian company. There’s a certain penchant to support one’s own native companies although it is not an overidding issue in itself for me. I look for quality, service and price in that order mostly. The Incra had this huge protruding bar that I couldn’t easily accomodate in my tight setup also if I recall.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

just set the depth stop on the sliding miter saw and cut cut the slots. Cut the two sides off, rotated and glued it up. Works great.

Nice use of the depth stop Brad! I can honestly say I’ve never had the need for that feature, but I have it nonetheless. I must be a hold over from the radial arm saw days.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

Was that with a Bosch miter saw Brad? Didn’t know they had a depth of cut setup like the Kapex has.

yellaD
    Pro

aAn edge guide for sure, unless you need a plunge base. Then I’d say that. Dust control is futile for me. There’s no perfect solution to cover all the things a router can do.

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.568 seconds