dcsimg

Essential router accessories

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

but I’d rather just buy one. It seem like an unnecessary level of difficulty to make a custom base plate.

There some things you just are better off buying something that’s already made and others we can easily make ourselves. That is one of them imo Jon.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I know Dan talked about using it some in this tread.
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-router-table/page/10/

Thanks Ron. I remember that thread now, but don’t remember seeing the picutre that Dan posted.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

but I’d rather just buy one. It seem like an unnecessary level of difficulty to make a custom base plate.

There some things you just are better off buying something that’s already made and others we can easily make ourselves. That is one of them imo Jon.

The problem is… Don’t think it exists. Unless the Bosch adapter will accept a MCR23 in the Makita track.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

does anyone have the bosch router table, how hard easy is it to do bit changes?

I have one with the Bosch MRC23 router, It was a little cumbersome I thought. I think the offset wrenches will take care of that

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have one with the Bosch MRC23 router, It was a little cumbersome I thought. I think the offset wrenches will take care of that

Someone here said they just drop the motor out to change bits. It seem like a hassle to me to do that though.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

They can be picked up at woodcraft for a pretty good price as well.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Someone here said they just drop the motor out to change bits. It seem like a hassle to me to do that though.

yeah thats why i want a jessem to make it easier to change bits.

I made the “mistake” of ordering the officail Bosch offset wrenches, which are basically either no longer in production or just really, really hard to get? I ordered them online in the fall and didnt receive them for something like 8 months, though I am glad to finally have them. But they do make changing bits way, way easier.

John S

Doobie

I think they make add-on accesories that you can buy for easier bit fastening and removal. I’ve never used any, nor do I like bit extenders as well.

But some do and use them happily and they don’t care for what some concerns some people have in using such accessories. To each their own.

Man those Jessem tables look really nice. Nice price too. Are you going to get one soon @r-ice? If so, could you please do a review.

Doobie

Here’s mine. First generation of their router table setups of this kind.

And it is a great router table still. Some of the newer designs have a better lift mechanism, but mine works fine regardless.

Watch out for second hand buying these tables. Jessem went and had some production issues for a period of time when they moved from Canada to the US and were having a lot of stuff being made off shore in China for assembly here in NA, and it had a lot of people complaining.

They since moved back to Canada, and their quality control issues are apparently no more.

(that last bit is in no way a knock of US stuff, just what happened in their uinique situation at Jessem. I myself generally love USA made things and rely on it as a quality manufacturing source)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Man those Jessem tables look really nice. Nice price too. Are you going to get one soon @r-ice? If so, could you please do a review.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZZrs5uVojw0?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

won’t be soon, it was either a domino vs router table, and the domino won out.

And it is a great router table still. Some of the newer designs have a better lift mechanism, but mine works fine regardless.

Watch out for second hand buying these tables. Jessem went and had some production issues for a period of time when they moved from Canada to the US and were having a lot of stuff being made off shore in China for assembly here in NA, and it had a lot of people complaining.

They since moved back to Canada, and their quality control issues are apparently no more.

(that last bit is in no way a knock of US stuff, just what happened in their uinique situation at Jessem. I myself generally love USA made things and rely on it as a quality manufacturing source)

Wow that table is a thing of beauty. Nice shiny red anodized parts. Thanks for the info about the QC problems. To me a product made anywhere can be good or bad. QA and QC is really important to insure products are kept up to spec.

Doobie

I’ll add that one of the most common complaints I read was the table being concave. In other words, the weight of the router bowling the centre. Not a good situation for a router table.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ll add that one of the most common complaints I read was the table being concave. In other words, the weight of the router bowling the centre. Not a good situation for a router table.

that would explain why a year or so ago there was a bunch of used ones for sale on kijiji, the price was so good I nearly bought it. good thing I didn’t

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That is a sweet looking router table. It looks very precise. I even like the red color.

Doobie

that would explain why a year or so ago there was a bunch of used ones for sale on kijiji, the price was so good I nearly bought it. good thing I didn’t

Maybe not. The flurry of problem tops and the era when they were in the US and had production problems was maybe around betwenn 5 to 8 years ago.

It wasn’t recent, but I mentioned it because there are probably a bunch of these tables out there that people will trying to resell over time.

The tables in larger quantities being sold a year ago may simply have been perfectly fine and were simply for other reasons being sold off.

Doobie

That is a sweet looking router table. It looks very precise. I even like the red color.

I’ve added the Jessem router table guides recently. Highly recommend over featherboards. Well worth the money. Here’s some more pics.

Doobie

Continued….

The paddle swith up top is my emergency power shut down switch in case something happens and would be safer and quicker to bang on to turn the router power off all at once rather than reach under the table to do so.

It is somewhat less necessary now as I used to have a PC7518 in it before I swapped it out for the dedicated Milwaukee with the externally mounted front controls for power and sped adjustability, but it is still nice to have it there in case.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man that looks like a great router table setup you’ve got going there. So you like the JessEm better than the feather boards?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.598 seconds