dcsimg

Engaging and disengaging batteries

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

OK I have a weird question.

Which brand do you think has the EASIEST mechanism to engage and disengage a tool battery with the tool?

Do you sometimes feel like the designer of the battery and tool mating system wants you to get carpal tunnel syndrome?

Do you prefer a single latch in the middle like Bosch? or dual latches on both sides like Milwaukee?

Why do I always have to remove my gloves in order to remove a battery. I am in mid cut and the battery died, I want to just change out the battery, but nope, it’s hard to get the battery off with gloves on, so you remove the gloves, remove battery, put on new battery, put gloves back on to continue to do whatever.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh man I hear you, sometimes it is impossible to get the battery out. I think the worst are the 12V style batteries where you have to squeeze it; man sometimes it is like really, it needs to be this hard.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

the batteries in the rear handle Makita circular saw are a real pain to remove. It is my only complaint with the saw.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Oh man I hear you, sometimes it is impossible to get the battery out. I think the worst are the 12V style batteries where you have to squeeze it; man sometimes it is like really, it needs to be this hard.

Oh yes the 12V Bosch are a real pita. I thought I was the only one that struggles with them.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Dewalt. Single button, slides right onto my wall mounted chargers. Just got home, walked into garage with my hands full of 5 batteries. Slide down, click! Easy peasy. Little harder sliding off, but still pretty easy. My only trouble is if I put the 9.0 battery on the blower. It slides way in underneath, and barely fits.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have a couple of the older Dewalt tools and the battery adapters for the new batteries. The adapters are almost impossible to get off once installed. The batteries slide out fine, but the adapters, not so much.

I have no problems with the 18 volt Bosch batteries , pretty easy , even placing in or out of the charger ,
    But the Bosch 12 volt is another story , much harder , especially when using the new batteries 2.0 or higher amps with the older charger (the one with two lights red, and green )

Ryobi is easier going into the tools than taking out ,

Milwaukee easy to put on the tools , but sometimes especially when wearing certain style of gloves , harder to get those two little buttons with gloves in ,
    Makita generally for the drill and impact , pretty easy ,

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I find the DeWalt 18/20 the easiest to remove. The release button is larger than others, has a recess in it and is downward movement more than a depress to remove the pack

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

My problem is when you have to push in on the button and pull the battery . Its hard to push and pull at the same time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.222 seconds