dcsimg

Ellen's Design Challenge TV show

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Jeez, you guys really don’t like Ellen. So if you had a choice would it be Mike Homes or Ellen? lol

Neither. LOL You get one who can’t shut up and another who is just full of himself.

They need more stuff like New Yankie Workshop (Norm), more on the educational and showing you how to make/fix things without the drama.

here here

Doobie

Norm was my ‘how-to’ hero. Miss his shows.

Any others besides the New Yankie workshop that you can recommend to download/watch?

Where can you download his shows?

Not sure! I have been trying to find a whole season of it but find an odd video here and there.

I have tons of them recorded on VHS from years ago.

Jeez, you guys really don’t like Ellen. So if you had a choice would it be Mike Homes or Ellen? lol

I stopped watching Mike years ago. It was the samo samo after a while.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

There’s a YouTube channel that has a few full seasons of New Yankee Workshop available… Can’t remember the name right now, but I’ll check later.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Never mind… Only took a moment, the channels are : “Silver Surfer” and “Wood TV”

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

redwood
    Pro

I haven’t seen or heard of the Design Show, but I don’t mind Ellen, not that I watch her show regularly , but I have seen it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

I don’t hate or love Ellen myself. Just doesn’t appeal to me with what kind of shows she does.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Never mind… Only took a moment, the channels are : “Silver Surfer” and “Wood TV”

Awesome! Subscribed to Wood TV on youtube now. Quite a few vids there for me to look at. Thanks!

A Working Pro since 2004

I enjoyed last season. Take out the drama and there was some good design/build going on. I didn’t care at all for the cow table chick but the others were ok. I will have to find the episodes. They are definitely not close to being a Norm Abrams but some were decent.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I was able to watch a few “Catch a Contractor” episodes and they can be fun. I enjoy seeing how they screwed up and how they react to it. I actually read Spike TV was getting sued because the contractor said he was forced under duress to appear on the show after being trapped in the house.

A Working Pro since 2004

yellaD
    Pro

New Yankee Workshop is a timeless show and has influenced more than a few people through the years. If it was produced today it would probably be driven by sponsors and advertisements, and I doubt “Norm” would have had free reign on narration, choice of tools, or editing like back in the day. Call it the skeptic in me.

Doobie

I doubt “Norm” would have had free reign on narration, choice of tools, or editing like back in the day. Call it the skeptic in me.

He didn’t. It wasn’t his show. It wasn’t even his shop they filmed in but that of the producer Russell Morash.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like the show called Fixer uppper. With the guy and his beautiful wife. They even have their kids on the show at times.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I like the show called Fixer uppper. With the guy and his beautiful wife. They even have their kids on the show at times.

Oh yeah! That’s a good one for sure…and she is a looker! She has some cool design ideas @DirtyWhiteBoy

Andrew

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Oh yeah! That’s a good one for sure…and she is a looker! She has some cool design ideas @DirtyWhiteBoy

I have always liked “Rehab Addict”….Nicole Curtis is a looker and seems to know her stuff.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Oh yeah! That’s a good one for sure…and she is a looker! She has some cool design ideas DirtyWhiteBoy

I have always liked “Rehab Addict”….Nicole Curtis is a looker and seems to know her stuff.

I like her too. But my wife can’t stand to hear her talk. Won’t even stay in the room if I turn it on. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

yellaD
    Pro

That’s a good show and I actually like her designs. It’s not all shabby chic like her own kitchen. The big blow-up picture of their old house before the reveal is clever concept.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

and she is a looker!

To me it looks like she has the same background as your wifey….
    I did research,,,LOL found it…
    I was right!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Oh yeah! That’s a good one for sure…and she is a looker! She has some cool design ideas DirtyWhiteBoy

I like her too. But my wife can’t stand to hear her talk. Won’t even stay in the room if I turn it on. lol

I’m like that when my wife watches the Anti-Christ in my mind….Judge Judy! Can’t stand that hag! 😈

Saw a few episodes of something called Sarah’s house with Sarah Richardson. Was interesting because there seemed to be pretty much no drama. Global budget, full house rebuild, and make decisions to stay on time/on budget for every room. One room per episode instead of one entire job per episode

Wife got some decor ideas, and I saw some cool tricks for how to dress up off the shelf stuff at a fraction of the cost of making it from scratch

and she is a looker!

To me it looks like she has the same background as your wifey….
    I did research,,,LOL found it…
    I was right!!

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/t7iPEDnqwm0?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

LOL…thanks @DirtyWhiteBoy ! Explains why she is a looker.

I did watch the first 2 episodes last night. Some cool designs and they have some really talented carpenters working with them. It is good entertainment and I actually learned something. One girl got her walnut bed to look very dark by aging the wood with vinegar and water instead of stain. Pretty cool. I want to read up a bit more on that technique.

Andrew

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.506 seconds