dcsimg

Ellen's Design Challenge TV show

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    yellaD
    Pro

Anyone here watch that show? I liked the first season and the second season just started. Interesting stuff, also to see what people can do when they’re in a shop with all the dream tools. Some just hang themselves by the “longer rope” they are given, but some things that were made were really cool!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Saw it advertised and wanted to watch an episode. Thanks for the reminder!

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Anyone here watch that show? I

No thanks,, I don’t care for her at all.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Think I’d rather watch wolves gnaw at my arm.👎

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Think I’d rather watch wolves gnaw at my arm.👎

I’d rather rip out my spinal cord and skip rope in the middle of the freeway with it

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Jeez, you guys really don’t like Ellen. So if you had a choice would it be Mike Homes or Ellen? lol

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Jeez, you guys really don’t like Ellen. So if you had a choice would it be Mike Homes or Ellen? lol

Neither. LOL You get one who can’t shut up and another who is just full of himself.

They need more stuff like New Yankie Workshop (Norm), more on the educational and showing you how to make/fix things without the drama.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Neither. LOL You get one who can’t shut up and another who is just full of himself.

They need more stuff like New Yankie Workshop (Norm), more on the educational and showing you how to make/fix things without the drama.

Agreed! I don’t have HGTV to really check out any of these shows. I’ve noticed on Sunday there is Mike Holmes and another guy on at least. Any others besides the New Yankie workshop that you can recommend to download/watch?

A Working Pro since 2004

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

At the risk of offending, I would give the Ellen design show a try. Mike is just too intense and not really entertaining for my taste.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That makes two of us , I don’t care what show it is I wont watch her .

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I think there is a bunch that don’t care to see her. I know I don’t.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I think there is a bunch that don’t care to see her. I know I don’t.

So, I just watched the first show of the new season. Aside from a cameo appearance in the introduction, Ellen wasn’t part of the show at all. It was solely about the judges, the 10 chosen designers and their work; very good, original work.
    The reality format with its drama and repetition is annoying, but that’s my only criticism.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Ellen is one of the best celebrities out there. She has it right. She knows she makes a ridiculous amount of money and gives a whole bunch of it away to those in need. Not saying this is the case but there usually is just the one reason why folks don’t like her.

As for her design show, I watched the first season but have not seen others. I don’t like 60’seeing era furniture made from plastic and that tends to be the “in” trend.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I have never seen or heard of the Ellen show. I think Mike Holmes is pretty full of himself and has unlimited money to do the jobs he does.
    When you get back to the real world not many could afford him.
    Norm on New Yankie Workshop has been my hero for years. He really helped me when I was starting out. His show actually shows you how to do things the right way. He shows new tools and how to use them.
    The best part is he doesn’t have all the drama on his show.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I haven’t seen it yet, wasn’t sure if i wanted to watch another reality tv show. The drama makes me cringe

I don’t care for Ellen, but I find if I record them on my PVR I can skip over the annoying parts and still enjoy looking at furniture ideas.

Will

Decided to try to watch for first show, just to see what all the hype was about, don’t like it and don’t like the style of things they make,
    And yeah Mike Holmes is annoying as well,
    Watched the man cave yesterday, I like the fact that they use Bosch 🙂

yellaD
    Pro

LOL the hatred for some woman who’s really into furntiture design, so much that she created a show to showcase otherwise unknown designers, is counter-intuitive. Holmes is another case altogether, the two shows are as completely different as the two celebrities. Holme tries to make everyone else look bad, he’s obv the ONLY good contractor in Canada (yeah right!).
    Anyways, there’s a couple contestants on this season that have nice portfolios, others are a joke.
    Give it a try, and hate it after you don’t like it.

Doobie

Norm was my ‘how-to’ hero. Miss his shows.

Any others besides the New Yankie workshop that you can recommend to download/watch?

Where can you download his shows?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Norm was my ‘how-to’ hero. Miss his shows.

Any others besides the New Yankie workshop that you can recommend to download/watch?

Where can you download his shows?

Not sure! I have been trying to find a whole season of it but find an odd video here and there.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.542 seconds