dcsimg

Electricity Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike78
    Pro

There is a main switch in the box next to the meter, the electrician who is installing the installation has connected the neutral wire (ground) to a metal cube. Apparently, over the years, this connector loosened and it started to heat up that the housing was melted. I am not skilled in the subject, but the electrician removing this failure claimed that an apparent mass was formed in the installation and household appliances could be damaged.
    The question is: Could the above fault have had an effect on the indications of increased energy consumption. I received a very large electricity bill.

There is a main switch in the box next to the meter, the electrician who is installing the installation has connected the neutral wire (ground) to a metal cube. Apparently, over the years, this connector loosened and it started to heat up that the housing was melted. I am not skilled in the subject, but the electrician removing this failure claimed that an apparent mass was formed in the installation and household appliances could be damaged.

The question is: Could the above fault have had an effect on the indications of increased energy consumption. I received a very large electricity bill.

Hey welcome to BTP , I am not qualified for that , but maybe one of the people I tagged can chime in @ChadM @RonW and @Miamicuse maybe someone could tag Kurt he’s definitely good for this

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I would think that if there was significant arcing, it could result in increased electrical usage to create the arcs. even without arcing, if heat was generated to melt part of the housing, that would also cause a draw, If it is fixed, the bill should go down. Wait a month or two and see how it affects the bill now that the repair has been made.

Mike78
    Pro

Thanks!

JagM98
    Pro

If all of your appliance are consuming the same from the last month, then that should be the reason on the spiking of your electricity bill. You should have it checked with the electrician.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.214 seconds