dcsimg

Electrical Panel up grade.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

A few weeks ago I had my old fuse panel updated to new breaker panel. I just saw this video about breaker panels. So I thought I would share it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

video about breaker panels

Pretty neat, thanks.

It is also on of the upgrades we plan on doing here eventually. We have a 100A service supplying both buildings with the main coming in the chapel and a 60A pony panel supplying the side we live on. We want to at least double that. The 60A panel is full and when I had to add a couple of circuits the only way to do it was replace a couple of the breakers with 1/2 sized ones.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Half size breakers are great for space savings as well as doing MWBCs. However they are also limiting in that they cannot be GFCI or AFCI breakers which are always full sized.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

video about breaker panels

Pretty neat, thanks.

It is also on of the upgrades we plan on doing here eventually. We have a 100A service supplying both buildings with the main coming in the chapel and a 60A pony panel supplying the side we live on. We want to at least double that. The 60A panel is full and when I had to add a couple of circuits the only way to do it was replace a couple of the breakers with 1/2 sized ones.

Your welcome Jim. I always like the way Essential Craftsman explains things.

I am relieved to have our panel done. The electrician did say it was abit of a mess. Our meter was beside the panel also. I still have fuse panel in the workshop. It will be address if & when I build a new garage/workshop.
    I am not sure what you mean by 1/2 size breakers?

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Sometimes misnamed as cheater breakers. You get 2 of them in the size of a normal sized one.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Sometimes misnamed as cheater breakers. You get 2 of them in the size of a normal sized one.

Thanks I did not know this.

Greg

That’s a pretty good video , iv always enjoyed his channel 👌

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.183 seconds