dcsimg

EGO

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 267 total)
  • Author

EGO Prototype in the Flesh – 2 STAGE Snow Blower coming to Lowes

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”EGO Prototype in the Flesh – 2 STAGE Snow Blower coming to Lowes” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/FUguz3sKkeI?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

😲 Did they mention it was a 3D printed version , that’s amazing , it really looks interesting , I’m definitely going to consider this , even though I have snow removal , I need this for the backyard and the side of the house

It’s probably easier to cut larger limbs, then a trunk with the pole saw, but the EGO pole saw seems to have as much power as the 16″ EGO chainsaw. The biggest issue I see with a lot of cordless chainsaws is that the chains are thinner and you need to really square up the cut or things happen (chain comes off).

There is a good reason that companies don’t combine their chainsaws and pole saws into one unit. The pole saw needs to be light enough to handle on the end of a pole. The easiest way to make it lighter is to make it smaller. So you sacrifice capacity. I certainly don’t want a 10″ chainsaw for cutting up logs. Now if all I had around me were palm trees, maybe I would think differently.

I have the EGO 16 chainsaw and put a thicker kerf bar on it for ripping with an Alaskan saw mill (with Rip chain) and liked it so much that I also went with the same kerf on an 18 inch bar for bucking logs. In doing so, I sacrificed battery life for performance (and more easy availability of quality chain) but with a 7.5ah battery, I can go for a long time before it dies

Also found that it likes peanut oil on the bar better than bar oil. Smells like fries when I’m cutting

Beats the noise and smoke of a two-stroke and gets the job done in similar time – I’d say its about a 40-50cc gas equivalent.

As for the snowblower, I have the Ego single -stage and it handled everything Montreal could throw at it. Two stage would be better on the hump the city plow leaves, but even that wasn’t too bad as long as I took slices about 1/3 of the mouth. I’d get the two-stage but it doesn’t look to fold up as compact

The bummer about Ego though is , it’s not sold at Home Depot anymore , and Lowe’s is farther away for me , guess it’s going to have to be online orders from now on 🤷‍♂️

That’s funny about the peanut oil

The bummer about Ego though is , it’s not sold at Home Depot anymore , and Lowe’s is farther away for me , guess it’s going to have to be online orders from now on 🤷‍♂️

Check out igocordless.ca

They also sell Ego stuff

Check out igocordless.ca

They also sell Ego stuff

Thanks , I already have , but unfortunately last week that pole saw attachment was not available ,
    I don’t need the chainsaw , so I was looking for the pole saw ,
    I just hope that we will have a closer place to be able to buy it from the store ,

Check out igocordless.ca

They also sell Ego stuff

Thanks , I already have , but unfortunately last week that pole saw attachment was not available ,

I don’t need the chainsaw , so I was looking for the pole saw ,

I just hope that we will have a closer place to be able to buy it from the store ,

Well thanks Eric , just was searching the site you mentioned , and the pole saw was back on line , just ordered it , having it sent to the retail store close to my house , hopefully I will have it by the weekend 👍
    What sort of oil should I get for it , the bar oil , or would it use the peanut oil like you have been using 🤷‍♂️

redwood
    Pro

I have no idea, but I would be concerned whether the peanut oil would have a affect on the warranty.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I have no idea, but I would be concerned whether the peanut oil would have a affect on the warranty.

Yeah you are definitely right , might just stick with the bar oil , I’ll be picking up the pole saw at an outdoor tools dealer , so I’m sure they will have some. Thanks Mark

Dang it , I should have been buying my other Ego products from this igocordless place , just received the notice , it’s going to be there Thursday 👍

I was also talking to my wife about that Nexus power station , she’s on board with that , plus the new 2 stage snow blower 😁🥳
    I’ll be looking into this this week when I go pick up my pole saw

Picked up the pole saw after work. Haven’t had time to unbox it yet , but I’m happy to have found a great place to buy Ego products , and even closer than HD was ,

Now I need Mark’s opinion
    I’m thinking about getting the Nexus power station , and the 2 stage snow blower that’s coming out soon , the power station can be bought in about 4 configurations
    Bare tool
    With 2 five amp batteries
    With 2 seven .5 amp batteries
    And then either way with 4 of either amp batteries five or 7.5 , obviously changes the price , ranging from 800 to 2000 bucks

And the snow blower
    Bare tool 1300
    Or
    Two 7.5 amp batteries plus the new double bay charger
    That’s 1800 or something like that

redwood
    Pro

If I have unlimited resources, I get them both with the most, high amperage batteries.

The Nexus depends on how you anticipate using it. As well as how long. I’ve considered it, but I’m on fixed income and I already have a 10000 KW gas generator. If the price continues to fall, I may consider it.

The same goes with the snow blower. I have the original single stage and I’ve never needed over the initial batteries I put in it. My driveway is double wide x ~30 ft. and we usually don’t get much more then 12-18″.

I have a Lowes within a 1/2 hour of me and they appear to now have some EGO products in stock.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

If I have unlimited resources, I get them both with the most, high amperage batteries.

The Nexus depends on how you anticipate using it. As well as how long. I’ve considered it, but I’m on fixed income and I already have a 10000 KW gas generator. If the price continues to fall, I may consider it.

The same goes with the snow blower. I have the original single stage and I’ve never needed over the initial batteries I put in it. My driveway is double wide x ~30 ft. and we usually don’t get much more then 12-18″.

I have a Lowes within a 1/2 hour of me and they appear to now have some EGO products in stock.

Thanks Mark ,
    I would have the Nexus as a backup power source , just for basic needs , like fridge and other smaller appliances , plus maybe the modem and router , and computer or TV
    I also have the nexus 150 wat power supply , that would be good for the fireplace fan ,
    I have 2 5.0 amp batteries , plus a 2.5 , I figured I could either buy the Nexus with 4 of the 7.5 amp batteries , then save on the blower as bare tool , or vise versa ,

redwood
    Pro

That’s a good plan.

However, I don’t know how much snow you get or how often. We lose power for up to day’s at a time, during the winter, after a good snow storm. That might require the batteries for both tools concurrently.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

That’s a good plan.

However, I don’t know how much snow you get or how often. We lose power for up to day’s at a time, during the winter, after a good snow storm. That might require the batteries for both tools concurrently.

Yeah that’s a great point ,
    We actually don’t loose power to frequently , and no also not for long periods , but one never knows , you bring up a great point about possibly needing both tools in a power outage
    For me , the snow blower would be a backup for the sides of the house , plus the backyard area to create the pathway incase of emergency , and for paths for the dogs , I’m finding it harder as I’m getting older to keep up with the shoveling the paths for the dogs , we get a pretty good dumping of snow through the winter , it could be more than 250 centimeters per season ,

But yeah you are right , it would be probably better with a few extra batteries just in case 🤷‍♂️

redwood
    Pro

I’m sure that you heard of the town (Paradise) a couple of years ago that was wiped out by fire caused by our utility company. Well their lines caused a bunch of other damaging fires, as well. To avoid that in the future, they shut off our power during times of high fire danger. They then have to inspect all the lines before they kick the power back on. In other words, we lose power for extended periods multiple times a year. More often then I need the snow blower.

I have 5 batteries, and that has been more then enough for my uses.

I just replaced my wood stove for a pellet stove and would consider the Nexus for powering that during the winter outages, so that I don’t have to run the gas generator all the time.

I have a bigger dog that loves the snow, I don’t need to clear him a path.

20151225_140022

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Doobie

we get a pretty good dumping of snow through the winter , it could be more than 250 centimeters per season ,

You mean per snowfall at times vs per season Brian perhaps? Then again that’s roughly just over 8 feet. Where are you in Montreal?

I know Quebec winters from years ago when I was younger, especially in Q city. Been there where the snow was up to the rooftops with skylit tunnels to and from the house from the driveway.

Gatineau, Val d’Or, Rimouski/Gaspé were other memorable places of extreme dump accumumulations I’ve witnessed. Southern Ontario is girlie regions of that kind of stuff where I’ve lived my life.

@doobie haha I goofed with the picture I added to the post I responded to you ,
    So I went to edit it and replace the picture , but it’s gone 🤷‍♂️ just letting you know

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Picked up the pole saw after work. Haven’t had time to unbox it yet , but I’m happy to have found a great place to buy Ego products , and even closer than HD was ,

Good deal, enjoy that new saw and let us know how it works out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The Nexus power station powered by their batteries?

The only thing is if you have a power outage where are you going to recharge the batteries, for gas you can keep them filled up at a gas station.

or you still have a gas generator outside, where you charge the batteries for the Nexus station inside?

What about that Tesla Cyber Truck? If you buy it you can use the batteries on the truck with a built in 120V plug and a compressor!

The Nexus power station powered by their batteries?

The only thing is if you have a power outage where are you going to recharge the batteries, for gas you can keep them filled up at a gas station.

or you still have a gas generator outside, where you charge the batteries for the Nexus station inside?

What about that Tesla Cyber Truck? If you buy it you can use the batteries on the truck with a built in 120V plug and a compressor!

Hahaha yeah , that’s an issue , but they are coming out with a solar panel that can be used to keep the charge longer or something like that , you can always buy a solar panel and set it up with the power station ,
    But in general , if you have 4 charged up 7.5 amp batteries , you will have decent runtime with the power station , obviously it will depend on what you are using it for , obviously something like those baseboard heaters will draw power quickly , but for general things like lights and the fridge and other light electric device you can get many hours of runtime , plenty of videos out there ,
    My main use will be keeping the family happy ,ex internet and TV and other light duty tasks , all without going out to start up the generator 🤷‍♂️ , not that having a generator is a bad thing

That’s just for my use.

Plus I’ll have extra batteries , so I should be good for a few days ,

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.570 seconds