dcsimg

EGO

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 278 total)
  • Author

The question is, in this HD Lowes EGO love triangle, who dumped whom? Who had the bigger EGO?

I’m thinking Home Depot is replacing it with there own brand for more money in there pocket . For most diy homeowners it’s priced high over other lines they have . There’s so many brands at there stores it confusing for first time buyers .

Always willing to learn .

redwood
    Pro

I’m assuming it was both. EGO picked up Lowes within 24 hours of HD’s announcement. That must account for something. I’m assuming there were negotiations that EGO and HD couldn’t come to terms. The company that owns Chervron also owns Skil and Lowes has agreed to carry that brand, as well. HD probably balked at that.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I’m assuming it was both. EGO picked up Lowes within 24 hours of HD’s announcement. That must account for something. I’m assuming there were negotiations that EGO and HD couldn’t come to terms. The company that owns Chervron also owns Skil and Lowes has agreed to carry that brand, as well. HD probably balked at that.

Very true someone said that also to . Could of been that egos locked in deal ended at Home Depot.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I’m thinking Home Depot is replacing it with there own brand for more money in there pocket .

Home Depot does not have their own lawn brands. They do for some stuff like lighting and ceiling fans, but for lawn equipment they are reselling other brands, some are exclusive and some are not. Ryobi and Milwaukee are both TTI brands but Ryobi has an exclusive deal with HD but Milwaukee does not.

I’m thinking Home Depot is replacing it with there own brand for more money in there pocket .

Home Depot does not have their own lawn brands. They do for some stuff like lighting and ceiling fans, but for lawn equipment they are reselling other brands, some are exclusive and some are not. Ryobi and Milwaukee are both TTI brands but Ryobi has an exclusive deal with HD but Milwaukee does not.

Your are totally right . Time will tell what they replace it with or not .

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am seriously considering getting on EGO lawn tools. I need a pole saw, a chain saw and a leaf blower. However I would prefer a “convertible chain/pole saw” but only a few manufacturer offer this.

Meanwhile Milwaukee has a deal out with a chainsaw, blower, charger and a 12ah HC battery for $399 so I am seriously thinking about that too since I am on their cordless platform but I know their blower is only middle of the road from their reviews.

Decision decisions.

redwood
    Pro

convertible chain/pole saw

What exactly is that? EGO’s pole saw works with a separate powerhead unit. There are multiple tools that work with the powerhead.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

convertible chain/pole saw

What exactly is that? EGO’s pole saw works with a separate powerhead unit. There are multiple tools that work with the powerhead.

These comes in three separate pieces. The front is the chain. The middle piece is an adjustable pole, and the end piece with the trigger.

All three pieces together forms the pole saw. Just the front and back pieces will snap together to work as a chainsaw. It works reasonably well for some lighter duty jobs, but those are mostly 120V tools and requires a cord. Several manufacturers make them. I thought it may be a good idea that some pro grade tool maker may adopt on their 18V lines.

redwood
    Pro

If I’m reading it right, there are multiple companies with cordless offerings that work that way, including EGO, Greenworks and Makita.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

If I’m reading it right, there are multiple companies with cordless offerings that work that way, including EGO, Greenworks and Makita.

I do not see one from EGO, Greenworks yes. Makita I am not familiar with their lawn and garden offerings.

The main thing is to NOT have to have two chain heads. The polesaw and the chainsaw use the same chain head. From what I see, Milwaukee and EGO both use a chainsaw, then a separate longer reach powerhead, multihead type extension where you can attach a pole saw attachment, a hedge trimmer attachment etc…which is very different then “collapseing a pole saw into a chain saw”.

redwood
    Pro

I can’t even imagine putting a full size chainsaw at the end of a pole. My EGO pole saw is a 10″ model and very powerful. I’ve used it on the ground without the extension with success, but still not like a handheld chainsaw.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

New ego self propelled 24” snow blower . Two stage blower 50’ snow throwing from chute . Coming to lowes sometime in august with a price tag at $899 . With a five year warranty seems like it’s going to be another great addition to there line up .

Well I’m extremely happy with the performance and runtime with the Ego ,
    I believe that most companies that makes the pole chainsaw are usually anywhere from Ryobi 8 inch and Ego 🤷‍♂️, 10 or 12 inches , I don’t think I’ve seen a pole saw longer than say 10 to 12 inches ,
    Like Mark said I can’t see a full-sized chainsaw on a pole ,

@Miamicuse
    I say it depends on what you need and want to buy , do you plan on getting a cordless mower , if yes maybe Ego , or something else that has a cordless mower , but if you don’t need a mower , and like you said , if you are already on the Milwaukee platform and have some of the batteries , might be a better option ,

redwood
    Pro

New ego self propelled 24” snow blower . Two stage blower 50’ snow throwing from chute . Coming to lowes sometime in august with a price tag at $899 . With a five year warranty seems like it’s going to be another great addition to there line up .

That was a big wish on the old EGO Forum. I have the original EGO single stage snow blower and it’s been good so far. If I was any higher in elevation (3,650 ft.), mine probably wouldn’t cut it. I’ve been told that my area has had snow up to 3′ in a storm. The most in my time here (5 years), the most has been 18″ in a storm. That’s a lot for mine, I have to take 2 passes.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I can’t even imagine putting a full size chainsaw at the end of a pole. My EGO pole saw is a 10″ model and very powerful. I’ve used it on the ground without the extension with success, but still not like a handheld chainsaw.

Those are smaller 8″ 10″ with a pivot head. Very handy to trim down high arching palm fronds.

Yeah I saw that on IG , looks better than the first model , I like the fact that it has drive wheels instead of having to push the blower , I’d definitely be interested in this

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

EGO Prototype in the Flesh – 2 STAGE Snow Blower coming to Lowes

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I do not see one from EGO, Greenworks yes. Makita I am not familiar with their lawn and garden offerings.

The main thing is to NOT have to have two chain heads. The polesaw and the chainsaw use the same chain head. From what I see, Milwaukee and EGO both use a chainsaw, then a separate longer reach powerhead, multihead type extension where you can attach a pole saw attachment, a hedge trimmer attachment etc…which is very different then “collapseing a pole saw into a chain saw”.

I have both the cordless Makita chain saw and their pole chain saw with optional extension shaft. The power of the hand held unit is vastly more capable than that of the pole chain saw.

I was using the pole chainsaw not long ago with the extender on my PowerShaft, and I got a little askew in a cut whereby the motor overheated and shut itself down. The branch was maybe 3in in dia. They’re really not meant for heavy duty cutting imo, but part of the issue was operator error in the angle I started for that cut. Other cuts done properly went fine, but nowhere near as fast than what the hand held chainsaw would have been able to cut.

Yeah , I’ve seen people cut easily 6 inch trunks with the pole saw , definitely not designed for that , but I guess if done with caution , could probably be done , for me that would be practical , I really don’t need the chainsaw ,

redwood
    Pro

It’s probably easier to cut larger limbs, then a trunk with the pole saw, but the EGO pole saw seems to have as much power as the 16″ EGO chainsaw. The biggest issue I see with a lot of cordless chainsaws is that the chains are thinner and you need to really square up the cut or things happen (chain comes off).

There is a good reason that companies don’t combine their chainsaws and pole saws into one unit. The pole saw needs to be light enough to handle on the end of a pole. The easiest way to make it lighter is to make it smaller. So you sacrifice capacity. I certainly don’t want a 10″ chainsaw for cutting up logs. Now if all I had around me were palm trees, maybe I would think differently.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.560 seconds