dcsimg

EGO

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 267 total)
  • Author

Thanks for the info. The price on the kit is not bad but an extra battery costs as much as the kit. Man.

Yeah it can get expensive , that’s what Mark said
    Regardless I’m very happy with them so far , if this crazy weather keeps up I might have to buy the snow blower before summer gets here LoL

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yeah it can get expensive

Thinking about it, I need the power without the noise or maintenance.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@theamcguy yes I don’t miss that about the string trimmer in gas , and like you said , no maintenance 👍

redwood
    Pro

I really lucked out on the battery end. When I got my snowblower and lawnmower, at a auction, I got 4 batteries with them.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

When I got my snowblower and lawnmower, at a auction, I got 4 batteries with them.

It’s funny, the blower w/battery and charger $299, 5Ah battery by itself $249. Man I’ll probably end up getting the blower but will wait a bit on the extra battery for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@theamcguy yeah that’s what Mark mentioned , bare tools not as good a deal like the ones with the batteries and charger , usually in spring they used to have a sale , buy a tool kit and they would give an extra battery , but that was the last two years in a row , I haven’t seen it yet.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

bare tools not as good a deal like the ones with the batteries and charger , usually in spring they used to have a sale , buy a tool kit and they would give an extra battery ,

I checked eBay and they have some new batteries there reasonably priced.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Pretty sure I will be ordering one of the new 650cfm blowers in the next few days. Just seeing who has them in stock.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Pretty sure I will be ordering one of the new 650cfm blowers in the next few days. Just seeing who has them in stock.

Sounds good , I’m sure you will enjoy it 👊

I picked up the 2.5 amp battery and the Nexus 150 wat battery powered supply
    It’s the older style battery with just the gauge that changes color , not the newer style with the five bars around the gauge , just going to be lighter to use with the hedger and string trimmer

Just received the email from HD my shoulder strap is ready for pickup , I’ll pick it up tomorrow ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just received the email from HD my shoulder strap is ready for pickup , I’ll pick it up tomorrow ,

Oh man the shoulder strap is extra, wow.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@theamcguy yes unfortunately , that’s what lots of people have been saying , for the price , it should be included. And they have different ones for different models 🤷‍♂️ and on top of that , they don’t even carry them in my local HD

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

And they have different ones for different models and on top of that , they don’t even carry them in my local HD

I probably won’t get the shoulder strap, will work a replacement battery first.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Question for guys with string trimmers…
    Do you have a preferred brand of string ? I ran out today 3/4 the way through trimming so I need to get a spool. Like anything else I started reading reviews. For every pro “best line I ever used” there’s an equal con “this line is junk”

Question for guys with string trimmers…

Do you have a preferred brand of string ? I ran out today 3/4 the way through trimming so I need to get a spool. Like anything else I started reading reviews. For every pro “best line I ever used” there’s an equal con “this line is junk”

Well , I was using the typical Ryobi 60 ish something thou for my 18 volt string trimmer , it actually only had 1 outlet for cutting grass , it actually worked very well for typical 6 thousand sqft lot , that be is around 3 to 4 thou of grass or just typical border ,
    And it worked fairly well at the 9 thousand sqft of the new place we have had for almost 7 years , I just upgraded to the Ego twin line 91 or 95 thou line , very nice. Big difference in line use , just have to get used to straight shaft versus the pivoting head of the Ryobi , the new Ego line is even twisted ,🤷‍♂️ supposed to be actually better. I’m inclined to make my own 1/16 of aircraft stainless braided line , that should last all summer 🤷‍♂️
    I’d be curious to know what you find out on your search. Always nice to have different ideas.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

, I just upgraded to the Ego twin line 91 or 95

Yup, My Dewalt came with .080 line, but I read that the .095 will work with it. I asked a friend what he uses, he has a lot of trimming to do, much along chain-link fence, some along stucco, all aound the concrete foundation of his 5 bay garage and the walls around his parking lot. Anyway he’s using .095 Stihl line on an Echo trimmer with good results
    He has one of those mega spools and he’s going to cut some off and drop it off for me to try.
    I like your braided SS aircraft wire idea

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anyway he’s using .095 Stihl line on an Echo trimmer with good results

Helpful to know. I go through line like crazy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So I finally had to replace the line that came loaded in the string trimmer , pretty easy process , I didn’t buy the rapid load one , it’s still better than taking the heads off and reloading the spools with New line , just push it through and hand wind the spool right on the trimmer ,
    Gotta say they are pretty nice yard tools , I’ll give them two thumbs up ,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Are the chainsaw and polesaw separate items or is one transformable to the other? Is it a regular chainsaw but if you attach to a powerhead extension it becomes a polesaw!

redwood
    Pro

No, the chainsaw is it’s own entity, while the pole saw requires the powerhead. So far, they are both very good.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.617 seconds