dcsimg

EGO

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 253 total)
  • Author

Hahaha yeah I know what you mean about the noise , my neighbor uses his gas one every weekend , and it stinks and makes lots of noise ,
    For me it’s basically blowing the stairs once and awhile , plus for the lawn clippings and a few other things , blowing out the tools in the garage , table saw and miter saw , , you probably are right Mark , I’ll probably never use it at high speed , just nice to have if ever I need it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Let us know how it works out when you get it. I’d be interested in something cordless with the power of gas.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Let us know how it works out when you get it. I’d be interested in something cordless with the power of gas.

Sounds good , my wife hasn’t received notice yet that it is shipped yet.

Received my string trimmer today , nice , looks well built , it also came with the newer batteries with the newer gauge , can’t wait to give it a go.
    Also received notice that my hedger is shipped

I also noticed that the new paperwork for the warranty for the battery , it actually shows 2.5 and 5 plus the 7.5 amp , and even a 10.0 amp battery , that should be interesting for the mower and snow blower , also for the Nexus power station

Was just reading up about the new battery , I remember hearing about this self maintenance feature , and I can say it actually did it with my first generation 5.0 amp battery.

Also I’m looking forward to seeing what these new 10.0 amp batteries will be powering.
    Definitely interesting stuff.
    Now I’m really thinking about the Nexus power station

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Received my string trimmer today

Man looks like EGO has some nice power options.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Was just reading up about the new battery , I remember hearing about this self maintenance feature , and I can say it actually did it with my first generation 5.0 amp battery.

Also I’m looking forward to seeing what these new 10.0 amp batteries will be powering.

Definitely interesting stuff.

Now I’m really thinking about the Nexus power station

That self maintenance thing suggest that it has quite a bit of electronics in its innards. Me thinks at least half of it – the verbiage- it’s gimmick.

Received the hedge trimmer this afternoon , just gave it a try , WOW pretty impressive for a battery , I’ll definitely have to pick up a 2.5 or 2.0 amp battery , it’s okay with the 5.0 for a few minutes , but after about 20 minutes of hedging in all sorts of positions (my torn rotator cuff) may not be helping lol
    Very impressed with it so far ,
    Supposed to get the blower tomorrow
    I will also take better pictures and give them a better try out over the weekend

redwood
    Pro

Ok, I’m curious. I think you have the powerhead, why didn’t you get the hedge trimmer that attaches to the powerhead. I think it gives you more reach and more power, plus the attachment costs less.

Never mind, I see that the tool less hedger costs less.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Ok, I’m curious. I think you have the powerhead, why didn’t you get the hedge trimmer that attaches to the powerhead. I think it gives you more reach and more power, plus the attachment costs less.

Never mind, I see that the tool less hedger costs less.

Actually I was debating on the hedger for the power head attachment , but for my use , mainly lower and easily accessible to trim the bushes I have , I just thought it would make it more awkward with the longer reach , but I’m still debating about it later down the road ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Received the hedge trimmer this afternoon , just gave it a try , WOW

That is great. Hope the blower is as impressive.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Clev08
    Pro

Received the hedge trimmer this afternoon , just gave it a try , WOW pretty impressive for a battery , I’ll definitely have to pick up a 2.5 or 2.0 amp battery , it’s okay with the 5.0 for a few minutes , but after about 20 minutes of hedging in all sorts of positions (my torn rotator cuff) may not be helping lol

Very impressed with it so far ,

Supposed to get the blower tomorrow

I will also take better pictures and give them a better try out over the weekend

Looks really nice, I have the Echo 58 Volt cordless Hedge trimmer. It is pretty good but I have been tempted to sell it and buy the Milwaukee one so I don’t have to have another charger sitting around. I also feel like the Echo lacks some power as I can easily stall it out.

@Clev08 nice , I almost bought into the echo a few years ago , HD use to sell them , I haven’t seen the mower for awhile now , always liked the look of it ,
    Yeah that is always nice to keep the battery platforms down , I have a few friends that use the Milwaukee yard tools , they love them , especially since you already have some , I’d say do it , but only if you get a decent price for the hedge trimmer. I bet they will be coming out with a mower eventually.

redwood
    Pro

I was/am heavily invested into the Makita line of cordless tools. Amongst all the Makita tools I have are a cordless chainsaw, a weedeater and a blower. They were OK for their time, but EGO has outpaced them. Makita did a great job by converting a lot of their tools to the X2 line, allowing me to use the many batteries I already had. But those batteries are slowly dyeing out.

Since I’ve now transformed to the EGO line of outdoor equipment, here is praying that they live a long life, as their customer service is said to be lacking at this time.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Yes I’m not overly impressed with them , last spring when we were flooded , I couldn’t get out to the HD when they were having the free battery when purchasing other garden tools , I missed the sale by approximately 4 days , I went to HD and they told me it’s not up to them , and call Ego , so that’s what I did , and they told me it’s up to the store to decide 🤷‍♂️ I wasn’t impressed ,
    That being said , I’ve been very impressed with the mower , so I decided to jump in and buy more ,

I’ve been extremely impressed with the new 650 blower , that thing has some friggin power , although it definitely eats through the batteries when using the turbo mode ,
    And the hedge trimmer is amazing , with the 1 inch cut really like it , the string trimmer I haven’t tried yet , but I recently ordered the shoulder strap for it , hopefully it gets shipped to my HD this weekend , and know I saw that they have the portable Nexus 150 power supply , I’m thinking about getting this just for the fireplace fan when we lose power , darn Ego

You were right Mark 🙄
    Next two items later this year will probably be the Nexus power station and the snow blower 🤷‍♂️

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve been extremely impressed with the new 650 blower , that thing has some friggin power , although it definitely eats through the batteries when using the turbo mode ,

Oh man that’s nice on the blower. I am looking for something powerful but cordless not gas.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@theamcguy yeah you might want to consider the Ego , especially if you are on the platform already , if not , it is expensive to buy the kit , but I personally think it’s a great product

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yeah you might want to consider the Ego ,

I’m not on the kit but gas power from cordless sounds nice. What model did you get?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s the new one 650 cfms or 180 miles wind 🤷‍♂️
    Very impressed with it

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks for the info. The price on the kit is not bad but an extra battery costs as much as the kit. Man.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.590 seconds