dcsimg

EGO

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 253 total)
  • Author

@Sorpa haha yeah , kinda I don’t know anything about festool but my Ego mower has been amazing. Thanks for the tip that’s what I thought about is buying it with the four 5.0 amps batteries. They are supposed to come out with a compatible solar panels for the power station , this way it can try to support the batteries even longer 👍

redwood
    Pro

Well I’ve pushed fairly heavily into the EGO platform. So far, no regrets. Besides the mower and snow blower, I have picked up the 16″ chainsaw, the 10″ pole saw, the weed eater, the cultivator, and the powerhead.

I’ve looked at the Nexus, but I haven’t bit the Bullet because I’m not sure how I would use it. The thing that is appealing are the 4 batteries, which make the Nexus almost free. But I have 5 batteries already and that seems to be plenty, so far.

I have a 10,000 KW generator already and I have it set up to feed the whole house with power, just not all at once. The Nexus might come in handy for those times in the winter that I don’t want to continuously run the bigger generator. I’m making the switch from a wood stove to a pellet stove next winter. I picked up a pellet stove at the auction a few months back. Living in a forest area, we get a lot of power outages. In the winter, it would be nice to be able to run the pellet stove without that big generator running constantly. I’m waiting to hear from that manufacturer whether the pellet stove can be plugged into the Nexus directly. It will not run on a electrical cord plugged into a generator, but it does run plugged into a receptacle powered by a generator. Go figure.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

That’s strange about the plugged in to the genie ,
    Yeah I’m just starting out with the Ego , I’m actually thinking get the power station with 4x the 5.0 and then just buy the pieces as needed , I like the power head and interchangeable accessories
    I don’t have a generator yet , but am considering one also , mainly to run some things around the house , I can place the gas gen in the pool shed and backfeed it to the electric panel inside the pool shed , it’s already running 220 into the shed.

redwood
    Pro

EGO makes it tough to buy tools without batteries. Yes they have them, but they are not priced as competitively as those with batteries. If you buy with the batteries, the tools themselves are pretty cheap, if you deduct the cost of new batteries. Of course, I have to think that those batteries are overpriced.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

EGO makes it tough to buy tools without batteries. Yes they have them, but they are not priced as competitively as those with batteries. If you buy with the batteries, the tools themselves are pretty cheap, if you deduct the cost of new batteries. Of course, I have to think that those batteries are overpriced.

Totally agree , and most of the yard tools that are priced no to high unfortunately just come with the 2.5 amp batteries , I think to make that Nexus worthwhile it should be running on minimum 5.0 batteries 🤷‍♂️ only because you can’t charge the batteries while running the power station to power up household items. Unless they do eventually get the solar panels out , but I wonder how big or how much it will help , not to mention the extra cost.

So I ordered the string trimmer power head with the 5 amp battery , plus the hand held hedge trimmer , that was the 18th of April from HD and having it shipped to my house , see how it goes , I also wanted the bristle brush but it’s out of stock , I’ll keep waiting for it , and might add that power station later this year.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

So I ordered the string trimmer power head with the 5 amp battery , plus the hand held hedge trimmer , that was the 18th of April from HD and having it shipped to my house , see how it goes , I also wanted the bristle brush but it’s out of stock , I’ll keep waiting for it , and might add that power station later this year.

What’s the bristle brush for?

@Sorpa just for cleaning up the driveway and around the backyard pool/and patio stones

redwood
    Pro

The bristle brush is a power broom on steroids.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The bristle brush is a power broom on steroids.

and does a wonderful job on your eyebrows too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

In my case , it’s going to save me time , and my shoulder lol , used to take a few hours with a regular floor sweeper broom

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cleaning up the driveway and around the backyard pool/and patio stones

That looks to be great for doing driveways and streets. Hopefully it will be back in stock soon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I finally got confirmation from home Depot about my order , I am supposed to be getting the string trimmer and the extra line I ordered this Monday , but the hedge trimmer looks like it’s back order ,
    I also added the new blower to my order , haven’t heard anything from them about it yet ,
    Looks like I’ll be saving up for the Nexus power station , might be interested in the snow blower this coming winter.

I’m looking forward to giving the new Ego tools a try , I’ll be giving my 18 volt Ryobi string trimmer and hedger plus the blower to my friend Robert , he’s on the platform so he’s going enjoy them , I’ll keep my batteries for the other Ryobi tools I have , brad nailer and drain auger plus the flashlight and glue gun.

redwood
    Pro

Be careful Brian, EGO is a lot like Festool, it can be addicting and expensive. Are you getting the stand alone string trimmer or the one that goes with the power head.

AT the last auction, I picked up another 16″ EGO chain saw, without batteries, for $ 50.

I also picked up a Dyson V11 torque drive vac, for $ 240 US and a DeWalt 140000 BTU forced air heater, for $ 40 US. It runs on kerosene or diesel. I’m Hoping to be able to warm up the shop next winter.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Be careful Brian, EGO is a lot like Festool, it can be addicting and expensive. Are you getting the stand alone string trimmer or the one that goes with the power head.

AT the last auction, I picked up another 16″ EGO chain saw, without batteries, for $ 50.

I also picked up a Dyson V11 torque drive vac, for $ 240 US and a DeWalt 140000 BTU forced air heater, for $ 40 US. It runs on kerosene or diesel. I’m Hoping to be able to warm up the shop next winter.

Thanks Mark , yeah it’s the power head combo with the 5.0 amp battery , but the hedge trimmer is the regular one ,
    Yeah it’s pricey , but I’ve been really enjoying the lawn mower , so decided to jump in the lineup , that’s a good deal you picked up ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yeah EGO is like Worx. They have a lot of nice stuff no one else seems to have but it is the whole system. I have some Worx stuff and really like them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

EGO 650 CFM Blower Tested—Beats Handheld Gas

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@theamcguy yeah that’s the one I ordered , or my wife ordered for my bday , looking forward to giving it a go.
    Looks like a powerful blower

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Ahh, blowers and vacuums. I hate them with a passion.
    I had once a customer that was with a vacuum cleaner 6-7′ away from me. After 10 minutes I couldn’t stand the noise and told her that I’m leaving. Magic words. No more noise.

redwood
    Pro

I’m not sure how you plan to use the blower, but that’s more powerful then you will probably normally need to use. I have a older 2X Makita blower that is considerably less powerful, yet I rarely use it at full power. You just lose control of what you are blowing at those higher velocities.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.551 seconds