dcsimg

EGO

Viewing 18 posts - 261 through 278 (of 278 total)
  • Author

The zero turn mower befuddles me. Yes it is cool, but probably with a very limited market. EGO doesn’t have a huge inventory of tools, I would have thought they would concentrate building their product line with items that would have greater mass appeal.

I definitely agree with you on that , the riding mower , and the Two stage snow blower are definitely not on most people’s list ,
    I actually sent ego a few recommendations for things to add , one is the cordless snow shovel 10 to 14 inches wide , and also a cordless wheelbarrow like the one greenworks have , plus something like that Ryobi devour ,
    Who knows what they are looking into or thinking about , I personally don’t have a lot or the budget for the riding mower lol.
    But I definitely was interested in the two stage snow blower

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Their recommendation is to drain it after each use. How stupid is that?

But then again I haven’t owned a chainsaw that doesn’t leak oil no matter what it says on the advertisement.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I want a mower than I can operate with my phone to turn left or right, or go back and forth while I drink a beer in the shade.

redwood
    Pro

Their recommendation is to drain it after each use. How stupid is that?

But then again I haven’t owned a chainsaw that doesn’t leak oil no matter what it says on the advertisement.

I have had a lot of chainsaws and none leaked like this one. It is a common defect with the saws, not just me.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

redwood
    Pro

The zero turn mower befuddles me. Yes it is cool, but probably with a very limited market. EGO doesn’t have a huge inventory of tools, I would have thought they would concentrate building their product line with items that would have greater mass appeal.

I definitely agree with you on that , the riding mower , and the Two stage snow blower are definitely not on most people’s list ,

I actually sent ego a few recommendations for things to add , one is the cordless snow shovel 10 to 14 inches wide , and also a cordless wheelbarrow like the one greenworks have , plus something like that Ryobi devour ,

Who knows what they are looking into or thinking about , I personally don’t have a lot or the budget for the riding mower lol.

The snow removing products have much more appeal to the masses then a riding lawnmower. Even when I had 2 acres and a big lawn, the riding lawnmower would have been overkill, unless I was filthy rich.

When I got my EGO snowblower at the auction, I also picked up a Toro electric snow shovel for $15. I love it, except for the cord. It works real well on my elevated decks that would be a pain to get the EGO up to. I would use it in a lot of other areas if it was cordless.

It looks like we are having a late snow winter. Nothing forecast at least until the first of the year or later. Last winter we had a foot of snow by Thanksgiving.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The snow removing products have much more appeal to the masses then a riding lawnmower. Even when I had 2 acres and a big lawn, the riding lawnmower would have been overkill, unless I was filthy rich.

When I got my EGO snowblower at the auction, I also picked up a Toro electric snow shovel for $15. I love it, except for the cord. It works real well on my elevated decks that would be a pain to get the EGO up to. I would use it in a lot of other areas if it was cordless.

It looks like we are having a late snow winter. Nothing forecast at least until the first of the year or later. Last winter we had a foot of snow by Thanksgiving.

That’s pretty much how I feel about it , I definitely would buy it if money wasn’t an issue
    I’m actually looking at those cordless snow shovels , I see the snow joe 24 volt , and even the greenworks I think it’s the 40 or 80 volt. Problem is , that means another battery platform 😭

OLD THREAD WARNING

Yesterday I went to Reno depot , met with the manager that gave me a great deal last year for the 2 stage snow blower , unfortunately last year it was cancelled for some reason ,
    So I talked to her because she said come back to see her this year , she kept her word , and gave me the same deal 🤞 I asked her to order it , she is supposed to call me back today with news about the order ,
    Hopefully it’s not cancelled again this year

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yesterday I went to Reno depot , met with the manager that gave me a great deal last year for the 2 stage snow blower , unfortunately last year it was cancelled for some reason

They never gave you any reason why your order was cancelled.
    Nice the manager is giving you the same deal they gave you last year.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

redwood
    Pro

Here in the states, I heard EGO is supposed to start shipping the 2 stage snow blower in the next month. I also heard that Toro has come out with a cordless 2 stage snow blower.

Since I have the the very well rated one year old Toro 2 stage gas snow blower and the single stage EGO, I’m not really in the market for another snow blower. Especially since we had such a wimpy winter last year. That said, I could sell the Toro, if I could get a really good deal on the EGO, but I don’t think that is going to happen. Since I got the Toro for $250 US and it sells for $ 1500 US, I do have some wiggle room.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Yeah , I know Ryobi just came out with the 2 stage snow blower , I think it uses 4 batteries of 40 volts , and they also put out a snow thrower shovel , looks like lots of competition coming

Yesterday I went to Reno depot , met with the manager that gave me a great deal last year for the 2 stage snow blower , unfortunately last year it was cancelled for some reason

They never gave you any reason why your order was cancelled.

Nice the manager is giving you the same deal they gave you last year.

No , they said they didn’t know , I heard it was supply and demand , plus last year it was apparently a battery supply issue
    Hopefully it’s not the case this year , who knows , it’s 6 months I’m waiting for the truck , maybe I’ll have to wait till next year lol for the snow blower

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

, I heard it was supply and demand , plus last year it was apparently a battery supply issue

Sounds about right!

it’s 6 months I’m waiting for the truck

No word on your truck yet?

maybe I’ll have to wait till next year lol for the snow blower

Really you are waiting til next year. LOL!!

Did you buy a dethatch style blade for your lawnmower?

Greg

, I heard it was supply and demand , plus last year it was apparently a battery supply issue

Sounds about right!

Actually no , nothing yet , it’s been 6 months , and they are closed for two weeks for shutdown , and just announced that they will add another week of shutdown ,

LoL hopefully I don’t have to wait
    Actually no never bought a dethatcher blade , I actually bought a green work dethatcher 2 years ago , from C T and it was a good price , works pretty good

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Sounds about right!

Actually no , nothing yet , it’s been 6 months , and they are closed for two weeks for shutdown , and just announced that they will add another week of shutdown ,

LoL hopefully I don’t have to wait

Actually no never bought a dethatcher blade , I actually bought a green work dethatcher 2 years ago , from C T and it was a good price , works pretty good

That’s got suck.

Did buy different type of blade for lawnmower?

Greg

@GTokley , I actually bought two new blades for the lawnmower , 1 st one was a typical replacement , but I found it was still leaving a few strips of uncut grass , then I bought a high lift blade , makes a difference, creates more suction under the mower to lift the grass ,
    But I bought a totally different machine for mulching ,
    Not even Ego , it’s by greenworks
    And it’s corded

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@GTokley , I actually bought two new blades for the lawnmower , 1 st one was a typical replacement , but I found it was still leaving a few strips of uncut grass , then I bought a high lift blade , makes a difference, creates more suction under the mower to lift the grass ,

Ok I remember now that you did this. I am not sure what made me think you but a dethatching blade.

And it’s corded

Ok I have looked at those. How do you like it? Does this help your lawn? My back lawn needs some help. LOL!!

The last few days I have been looking at Power rake/Dethatch blades for my current lawnmower. I did see there are two different kinds of blades. Yesterday I found a good price on one of the blades so I thought I would buy it.

Greg

Ok I remember now that you did this. I am not sure what made me think you but a dethatching blade.

And it’s corded

Ok I have looked at those. How do you like it? Does this help your lawn? My back lawn needs some help. LOL!!

The last few days I have been looking at Power rake/Dethatch blades for my current lawnmower. I did see there are two different kinds of blades. Yesterday I found a good price on one of the blades so I thought I would buy it.

Yeah I like it alot , I think it’s 14 or 13 inch wide , I’ll take a picture later today , I picked it up on sale at C T I think it was 99 bucks on sale
    It was over 2 years ago , it definitely helps remove the build up of dead grass that isn’t decaying , helping the lawn breath and get fertilizer and water apparently faster
    I did it last year , but only the backyard this year ,

Viewing 18 posts - 261 through 278 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.454 seconds