dcsimg

EGO

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 267 total)
  • Author

Just got off the phone with Reno Depot , it’s apparently a defect in the blower , so my order is cancelled for this year , kinda upset because I had a great deal , the lady taking care of customer service was great to deal with , I offered to keep my payment for the 0 percent financing , but she said it has to be cancelled because of something to do with the financial report and the inventory , but she promised to keep the deal for me for next season if and when they come back on the market ,

To me , that’s great service , even though I don’t have a snow blower , which she offered to give me a deal on another product , I told her I’d prefer to stay in the same platform , and didn’t want the single stage push snow blower , she said not a problem.
    Anyway , that’s what I was told , I asked her if she knew what the problem was with the defect , she said they didn’t tell her ,

I would be interested in knowing what it is , if there is anything like a defect ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s too bad a cordless snow blower sounds like a great idea and convenient too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

redwood
    Pro

I have the single stage EGO snow blower and it works well for what it is intended for. Drier snows of 12″ or less. It will handle a little more then that with a little more effort. Certainly a lot less then a snow shovel.

That said, mine is purely manual, no self propulsion. My driveway has a slope and it is difficult to push it up the slope while trying to remove snow. It is still doable, but a lot of work. I usually just go side to side, to avoid that push.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I have the single stage EGO snow blower and it works well for what it is intended for. Drier snows of 12″ or less. It will handle a little more then that with a little more effort. Certainly a lot less then a snow shovel.

That said, mine is purely manual, no self propulsion. My driveway has a slope and it is difficult to push it up the slope while trying to remove snow. It is still doable, but a lot of work. I usually just go side to side, to avoid that push.

Thanks Mark , I thought about that one , but my shoulder is really bad , if I was okay , I’d probably pick it up , I’m actually going to pass by the authorized dealer near me today , I just drove by the garage , looks like they have a few , I’ll go check it out

redwood
    Pro

Brian, I have bad shoulders too. 40+ years of contracting and doing stupid stuff will give that to you. I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder, 18 years ago, before they did that arthroscopic. Neither shoulder is as bad as that one was back then and for the most part, considering, they could be a lot worse. I just have difficulty lifting my arms over my head.

That said, they really don’t affect me much pushing the snow blower. It’s more like doing a standing pushup. I actually try to do push ups everyday. Sometimes it takes a couple to loosen the shoulder, but once I get going, my shoulders are fine.

We usually only get snowfalls over a foot, maybe twice a year and rarely over 2 feet. Once in 5 years here. The snow blower is pretty light, so lifting it up and pushing on the top half of the snow is still doable.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Brian, I have bad shoulders too. 40+ years of contracting and doing stupid stuff will give that to you. I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder, 18 years ago, before they did that arthroscopic. Neither shoulder is as bad as that one was back then and for the most part, considering, they could be a lot worse. I just have difficulty lifting my arms over my head.

That said, they really don’t affect me much pushing the snow blower. It’s more like doing a standing pushup. I actually try to do push ups everyday. Sometimes it takes a couple to loosen the shoulder, but once I get going, my shoulders are fine.

We usually only get snowfalls over a foot, maybe twice a year and rarely over 2 feet. Once in 5 years here. The snow blower is pretty light, so lifting it up and pushing on the top half of the snow is still doable.

Yeah I just got my second shot of cortisone , this time the technician said that the other muscle is totally detached from the bone , started with a rotator cuff tear , now two muscles are completely detached from the bone , waiting for surgery , but with the covid19 , guess it will only be sometimes next year , I find the first shot of cortisone this past April helped with the pain , but it’s getting worse , I just don’t have any strength in my right shoulder for any pushing or shoveling ,
    Guess like you said , 35 plus years of work and sports will eventually take a toll on the body.

redwood
    Pro

I will do everything in my power to avoid another rotator cuff surgery. I was in a sling for 3 mos., before I could even start rehab. It really took a year before I was comfortable with it. To this day, I can still feel a tightness.

I retired because I was burnt out, after covering for my lead guy that missed 2 years, after 3 rotator cuff surgeries. He still wasn’t right even after that.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

I will do everything in my power to avoid another rotator cuff surgery. I was in a sling for 3 mos., before I could even start rehab. It really took a year before I was comfortable with it. To this day, I can still feel a tightness.

I retired because I was burnt out, after covering for my lead guy that missed 2 years, after 3 rotator cuff surgeries. He still wasn’t right even after that.

😲😲😲 Geeze that’s not really what I wanted to hear lol , my doctor referred me to an orthopedic surgeon , he already called me in the beginning of the summer ,
    Before it was detached in two places ,.

He also mentioned that I would be in a sling for a while , and after that , it would be rehabilitation /physiotherapy ,
    I’m fed up with the pain and loosing sleep ,
    Hopefully I get a decent amount of use back , I have a hard time working , I probably should have went to see my doctor years ago , but I’m old school , just live with the pain and eventually it will go away LMAO.

redwood
    Pro

Sorry, Brian, it’s not all bad. First, I have to believe that they have come a long way, since I had mine. Most are arthroscopic now, I think. Much less invasive. I tore my shoulder 3 years before I had the surgery. Cortisone shots and therapy never really helped. My original doctors never even gave me a MRI. It wasn’t until I switched doctors that I got one. They said it would never heal without surgery. I did have full use of that shoulder after about a year after surgery. It’s the better of my shoulders now.

My lead guys issues were primarily his own fault. He tried to do things before he was sufficiently healed and re tore his shoulder twice. Once under my watch, when he did something I specifically told him not to do.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Sorry, Brian, it’s not all bad. First, I have to believe that they have come a long way, since I had mine. Most are arthroscopic now, I think. Much less invasive. I tore my shoulder 3 years before I had the surgery. Cortisone shots and therapy never really helped. My original doctors never even gave me a MRI. It wasn’t until I switched doctors that I got one. They said it would never heal without surgery. I did have full use of that shoulder after about a year after surgery. It’s the better of my shoulders now.

My lead guys issues were primarily his own fault. He tried to do things before he was sufficiently healed and re tore his shoulder twice. Once under my watch, when he did something I specifically told him not to do.

Thanks Mark , I believe it was because of the cortisone shot that I over used the shoulder , it was torn before and a smaller muscle detached , now it’s two complete detached , good to hear that about having full use of the shoulder , it’s starting to get worse , it’s been two weeks since I got the second shot , but I guess because it’s completely detached , I’m still feeling pain , and not getting a good night sleep like I used to , last night I was up because of the pain , can’t sleep on the side , and even just moving in the bed gets painful ,

I know it’s going to be a little while before it gets better , but I’m definitely willing to do whatever it takes , I’m tired of not being able to do regular daily routine things that always cause pain.

Thanks for the info Mark

Sorry if I sorta derailed this topic , but that was the primary reason for getting the two stage blower ,

Doobie

Man, I feel like I’ve been lucky with my rotator cuff issues the last few years on both shoulders. While it took a while for each to recover and set me back for a few months each time, I was nowhere needing surgery and after a year or so after each occurence, both would be 90% fine in usage, but you still feel there is something there and to be careful undertaking certain things.

Last week I was lifting a bugger heavy roof overhang I pre-constructed on the ground into place with my buddy and on one of them I was in Hercules mode at times. Got lucky I didn’t aggravate either frankly.

redwood
    Pro

A lot of issues with the shoulder is just inflammation. While I was recovering from my surgery, I used my left arm a lot more then usual and it became inflamed. At times, it seemed worse then my torn rotator cuff, but it would eventually calm down. Cortisone does work for inflamation.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Man, I feel like I’ve been lucky with my rotator cuff issues the last few years on both shoulders. While it took a while for each to recover and set me back for a few months each time, I was nowhere needing surgery and after a year or so after each occurence, both would be 90% fine in usage, but you still feel there is something there and to be careful undertaking certain things.

Last week I was lifting a bugger heavy roof overhang I pre-constructed on the ground into place with my buddy and on one of them I was in Hercules mode at times. Got lucky I didn’t aggravate either frankly.

Yeah , you are lucky , good thing I’m ambidextrous , I can switch hands or arms if you wish , I do manual labor all day ,in both jobs , glass welding with torches , and aircraft assembly , and not just sitting down at a work bench , but at times standing , lying down under cockpits , and so on , lots of different tasks , riveting , drilling , all sorts of screwing (screws and bolts ) ☺️🙄🤣😅
    If I stood in front of you , even with my t shirt on , you definitely can see a drop in my right shoulder , that plus the cracking and popping and pain when I try to just lift my arm.
    I’m definitely looking forward to starting on the recovery process ,

It’s painful that it’s pulling on the other neck and shoulder muscles

redwood
    Pro

So I got a marketing email from EGO today and amongst other things, it showed the 2 stage snowblower. I went on Amazon to see if they had it. No, but they have it from other sellers. I checked the reviews and this one caught my eye.

Discontined model. There is no support from EGO.
    Bot this September 2020. Used once October 2020. Took out to use this week, no start. EGO support said blown fuse. They do not have a fuse and neither does the service center. EGO cannot replace because manufacturing discontinued. EGO will be sending me a replacement, the older paddle version model. Why they still have these in the market is a puzzle

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Boy that is not very good ,
    I have to say , I’ve been in contact with them on IG , at the beginning it was pretty good , but after numerous messages asking and stating that I can’t get the Two stage snow blower , I asked them about if it’s been pulled off the market 🤷‍♂️ it’s been over a week and haven’t heard back from them , I’ve said it before , I love my Ego products , and have been very lucky , I’m glad I haven’t had any issues , but it’s extremely frustrating dealing with them , it almost seems like if you brown nose up to the products , they will give you support 🥺 that’s definitely not what it should be like 🤷‍♂️

I also am following Andrew (kite army ) he just did a review of the zero turn mower , it looks pretty cool , that being said , I definitely would like to hear back from them , in regards with the two stage blower , and even the Nexus power station.

redwood
    Pro

Well for what it’s worth, I can’t believe that EGO will totally drop the 2 stage snow blower. More likely they had to go back to the drawing/engineering board and figure out what went wrong. Then they will have to reboot the manufacturing end. It will probably be another year for all that to shake out.

Other then the small issue with the Nexxus, I haven’t had any issues with their products (knocking on wood). Oh wait, their chainsaw leaks the bar oil. Their recommendation is to drain it after each use. How stupid is that?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Well for what it’s worth, I can’t believe that EGO will totally drop the 2 stage snow blower. More likely they had to go back to the drawing/engineering board and figure out what went wrong. Then they will have to reboot the manufacturing end. It will probably be another year for all that to shake out.

Other then the small issue with the Nexxus, I haven’t had any issues with their products (knocking on wood). Oh wait, their chainsaw leaks the bar oil. Their recommendation is to drain it after each use. How stupid is that?

Yeah , that’s exactly what I have been hearing , I was actually hoping for the new year ,

I’ve been lucky with my Ego products as well ,
    Yeah that sounds pretty ridiculous as a solution lol.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I can’t believe that EGO will totally drop the 2 stage snow blower.

Man if EGO can get that thing to work they will have a hit on their hands for sure, that and the NEXUS as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This was pretty cool ,
    But pricey

redwood
    Pro

The zero turn mower befuddles me. Yes it is cool, but probably with a very limited market. EGO doesn’t have a huge inventory of tools, I would have thought they would concentrate building their product line with items that would have greater mass appeal.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.845 seconds