dcsimg

EGO

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 267 total)
  • Author

Just saw this on the igocordless site , that is not good , I’ll have to contact Reno Depot to see what’s up with my order , hopefully I will have one of the blowers that was ordered before this , I wonder why , could it be because of the covid19 and backlog , or is something up with Ego manufacturing /company

Looks like it’s just the kit with two batteries. Bare tool still for sale, so not a recall

Either the kit isn’t happening, or it was all reserved by Lowes, or some supply chain issues.

Yeah I saw that , same thing for the Nexus power station 🤷‍♂️ wondering if it’s a issue getting cells for building battery packs especially the 7.5 amps. I only have two 5.0 batteries , that’s why I went with the kit ,

Actually I saw even the other stores and even through igocordless there seller near me is out of stock ,
    Even in the USA it only shows available from Ace 🤷‍♂️ guess it was in high demand , or something like that.

But to announce that it’s not available anymore for this year , that’s strange.

redwood
    Pro

Lowes also doesn’t have the 2 stage snow blower available in the US. Nor do they have the Nexus kit.

Amazon US does show the snow blower kit available, but from some no name dealer, possibly not warranted. Interestingly, Amazon does show it has the tool only snow blower available, but it won’t ship to my address. I’ve never seen that before.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Lowes also doesn’t have the 2 stage snow blower available in the US. Nor do they have the Nexus kit.

Amazon US does show the snow blower kit available, but from some no name dealer, possibly not warranted. Interestingly, Amazon does show it has the tool only snow blower available, but it won’t ship to my address. I’ve never seen that before.

Yeah , I definitely won’t buy it through a non dedicated dealer ,
    I noticed no body has them Available except Ace , but that could change.

Lol I just received an email from Lowe’s , I was checking for availability Friday and Saturday ,
    So I checked the email out again , well they don’t deliver to my house because it’s over 2 hours away , and obviously nothing for in store availability 🤷‍♂️ so why do they keep putting the email out , I assume it’s just simply automatically done.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nor do they have the Nexus kit.

Sounds like that Nexus kit is in short supply.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

redwood
    Pro

The 2 separate Nexus tool only that I have received from Amazon, in the last month, were both manufactured in Feb. 2019. That seems pretty old for any tool with high demand.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The 2 separate Nexus tool only that I have received from Amazon, in the last month, were both manufactured in Feb. 2019. That seems pretty old for any tool with high demand.

How does their warranty works? Is it based on user receipt or registration or is it based on tool’s “date code”?

My Milwaukee tools do not required registration and they do it based on serial number which I assume it’s based on when the tool was made. If I bought a new tool and it was manufactured 18 months ago which makes the warranty period expires sooner I wouldn’t like it.

redwood
    Pro

How does their warranty works? Is it based on user receipt or registration or is it based on tool’s “date code”?

My Milwaukee tools do not required registration and they do it based on serial number which I assume it’s based on when the tool was made. If I bought a new tool and it was manufactured 18 months ago which makes the warranty period expires sooner I wouldn’t like it.

It’s based upon your sales receipt. But it better have been bought by a authorized reseller. They won’t even talk to you if it isn’t. The only one’s in the states that I’m aware of are Lowes, Acme tools, Ace Hardware and Amazon. There are outside sellers on Amazon and other sites that are not authorized.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But it better have been bought by a authorized reseller. They won’t even talk to you if it isn’t.

Sounds like good tools but lousy customer service. No matter how good the tool is if you don’t support it and the customer base, sales eventually fall off.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just got off the phone with Reno Depot , apparently they have some on order , and some of them in the warehouse , she said it should be soon ☺️

Well , I just received a call from Reno Depot , they told me that my order is going to be cancelled , they said Ego said they can’t supply them , because of a defect 😭 so much for that
    I’ve been in contact with Ego through the IG site , hopefully they can give me better information.

Well , I just received a call from Reno Depot , they told me that my order is going to be cancelled , they said Ego said they can’t supply them , because of a defect 😭 so much for that

I’ve been in contact with Ego through the IG site , hopefully they can give me better information.

Please let me know if you find out what the issue is. I HAVE that blower and want to know why there isn’t a recall if they aren’t selling them

redwood
    Pro

This snow blower is not available through Amazon any longer, except from unauthorized vendors at pretty high prices.

Still hearing big issues with customer service.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Please let me know if you find out what the issue is. I HAVE that blower and want to know why there isn’t a recall if they aren’t selling them

Definitely will , I’m sofa king pissed , I was looking forward to using it , especially because of my busted up shoulder ,
    I’ll have to check out other alternatives.

My good friend at work , we have been chatting about this for the past two or three days , he decided to go with greenworks , I’m wondering if I should think about that platform , although they don’t have a 2stage blower yet ,

Doobie

I step into this thread occasionally…..what is happening here?

Is EGO simply going to a new distribution channel teething issue, or is it that the EGO brand is imploding?

Is EGO simply going to a new distribution channel teething issue, or is it that the EGO brand is imploding?

Honestly I’m not sure anymore , it started this summer with the split between HD and Ego , but Lowe’s picked them up , and now they are even selling them at Reno Depot and Rona ,
    I personally think they are having issues since the covid19 hit , just like everyone else , and they are having a hard time supplying 🤷‍♂️ that’s what I’m hoping , but it could be deeper issues than we think , I guess only time will tell ,

I’ve heard people say customer service is garbage , mind you , I’ve been fortunate that my Ego products have been flawless for the last 3 years , even the batteries are still giving me the same performance as I had when they were brand new ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is a shame as they have good idea for products, their cordless blower comparable to gas, cordless snowblower and the Nexus power system all good ideas. They just need to back up the hype.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Honestly I’m not sure anymore , it started this summer with the split between HD and Ego , but Lowe’s picked them up , and now they are even selling them at Reno Depot and Rona ,

I personally think they are having issues since the covid19 hit , just like everyone else , and they are having a hard time supplying 🤷‍♂️ that’s what I’m hoping , but it could be deeper issues than we think , I guess only time will tell ,

I’ve heard people say customer service is garbage , mind you , I’ve been fortunate that my Ego products have been flawless for the last 3 years , even the batteries are still giving me the same performance as I had when they were brand new ,

That’s a shame. Hope they get it together. Be a drag if you get heavily into a platform and there is scant support for it when you need it.

I always have reservations about house brands or exclusive distributorships.

That’s a shame. Hope they get it together. Be a drag if you get heavily into a platform and there is scant support for it when you need it.

Its neither though – they have several approved distributors, but right now most of their production is going to the Lowes family (although I think Ace is separate from Lowes now, and they also have it). That said, I buy from local small OPE shops that get Ego products directly from the distributor, not from Lowes or Home Depot

My experience with Ego customer service was fantastic until covid started (I had a 2.0ah battery die – it was 6 years old) and then getting someone on the phone became difficult. I have trouble judging them over that. I had much worse covid-era customer service from Weber, and before Covid they were the absolute best I had ever dealt with

Its neither though – they have several approved distributors, but right now most of their production is going to the Lowes family (although I think Ace is separate from Lowes now, and they also have it). That said, I buy from local small OPE shops that get Ego products directly from the distributor, not from Lowes or Home Depot

My experience with Ego customer service was fantastic until covid started (I had a 2.0ah battery die – it was 6 years old) and then getting someone on the phone became difficult. I have trouble judging them over that. I had much worse covid-era customer service from Weber, and before Covid they were the absolute best I had ever dealt with

I think it’s a problem because of the covid19 🤷‍♂️ I believe it’s been affecting businesses all over , people sick , and other businesses not set up for the people working from home , that plus the fact that it has affected manufacturing companies also ,
    Personally I thought originally that it was something like have a hard time sourcing batteries , because it seemed like bare tool was available , but lot of kits were hard to get , and even on the website for egopowerplus and igocordless both said not available anymore , Even the Nexus power station was only available bare tool 🤷‍♂️

Plus I was just looking at lowes Canada , and nothing available near me ,
    Kinda upset because I got a good deal on it , I’ll see if I can persuade them into keeping the contract open until stock comes back

🤞

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.562 seconds