dcsimg

EGO

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 253 total)
  • Author

Well last Friday I was pleasantly surprised , I walked in to Reno Depot , and saw some Ego products for sale , I quickly found a sales associate , and found out sure enough , that they will be selling Ego products at the Reno Depot , also was online afterwards and went to look at the Rona site , and sure enough , they are starting to sell Ego products also , looks like it’s a great thing , I’m sure they should get many more sales from these new stores.

redwood
    Pro

I’m sending the Nexxus back. Their customer service sucks, pandemic or not. Last Friday, for the second time they told me my case was being escalated, a priority, and that someone would be contacting me on Monday. Well it’s now a week later and no contact.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well it’s now a week later and no contact.

That’s just unacceptable customer service. You may have just gotten a bad one. Are you exchanging or returning?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m sending the Nexxus back. Their customer service sucks, pandemic or not. Last Friday, for the second time they told me my case was being escalated, a priority, and that someone would be contacting me on Monday. Well it’s now a week later and no contact.

Yeah that’s terrible customer service , I just can’t understand why they would do that , I mean I love my Ego products , but also I guess I’m fortunate that I never had to call customer service ,
    But I’ve been hearing lots of unsatisfied customers saying that same thing about customer service ,
    It has me second guessing to keep investing into the platform ,
    It’s strange , I mean they keep putting out new products , but don’t seem to care about taking care of the after sales part of warranty issues , or otherwise ,

redwood
    Pro

I just checked my account on EGO’s website and clicked on customer service. There were 4 cases dealing with my Nexxus issue. All have been closed. I also had received emails for surveys regarding their service on this issues. Those surveys are no longer available for me to comment on..

I think I’m done investing in EGO any longer. I had also heard of other customers with issues and customer service. Those complaints made it to their customer forum, which is probably why they shut it down.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

I just checked my account on EGO’s website and clicked on customer service. There were 4 cases dealing with my Nexxus issue. All have been closed. I also had received emails for surveys regarding their service on this issues. Those surveys are no longer available for me to comment on..

I think I’m done investing in EGO any longer. I had also heard of other customers with issues and customer service. Those complaints made it to their customer forum, which is probably why they shut it down.

Wow , now I’m at a loss for words ,
    I was actually just looking into the Reno Depot or Rona to see about getting the new 2 stage snow blower on a store card and paying it off in a few months with no interest and cash back in gift cards 🤷‍♂️
    I like my ego product and haven’t had any issues , but now you have me second guessing investing more into the platform.

redwood
    Pro

As you know, I am fairly invested into the EGO platform, as well, but I can’t overlook their customer service. They have pretty good warranties, but it doesn’t mean squat if they cannot perform on them.

I’ve already arranged with Amazon to take my Nexxus back, but for the heck of it, I decided to call CS again this morning. This was the longest I had to wait to get someone, about 15 min. I gave her the latest case# and she said that someone should have contacted me last week. She asked me to hold while she looked into it. I waited on hold another 15 min., gave up and hung up. I actually kind of expected a call back, but no, the new case is already closed.

Buy at your own risk.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

As you know, I am fairly invested into the EGO platform, as well, but I can’t overlook their customer service. They have pretty good warranties, but it doesn’t mean squat if they cannot perform on them.

I’ve already arranged with Amazon to take my Nexxus back, but for the heck of it, I decided to call CS again this morning. This was the longest I had to wait to get someone, about 15 min. I gave her the latest case# and she said that someone should have contacted me last week. She asked me to hold while she looked into it. I waited on hold another 15 min., gave up and hung up. I actually kind of expected a call back, but no, the new case is already closed.

Buy at your own risk.

Yeah that sucks for sure , I’ve heard numerous people say that about the customer service , I guess I’m fortunate so far that I haven’t had a need to use the warranty or customer service ,
    I wonder what would happen now since they are selling them threw some of the big box stores around me , I’ll definitely have to inquire about that , thanks for your feedback Mark , sorry to hear about your situation with CS
    I hope that someone higher up would see what’s happened with your case file , even though it’s closed , hopefully you get a call

redwood
    Pro

Brian, make sure these stores are authorized retail sellers by EGO. I can buy from far more sellers, but many are not authorized, even sellers through Amazon. Ego will not warranty anything not sold by authorized sellers.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Brian, make sure these stores are authorized retail sellers by EGO. I can buy from far more sellers, but many are not authorized, even sellers through Amazon. Ego will not warranty anything not sold by authorized sellers.

Okay thanks Mark , I believe that those 3 big box stores like Reno Depot and Rona plus lowe’s should be okay , they are similar to the Home Depot when Ego was being sold out of HD
    But I’ll definitely ask for sure ,
    Thanks again Mark

I have NOT been impressed with Ego customer service, but their products – in my experience – have been fantastic

I have the first gen mower as well as this year’s new one (gave my father the older model)
    I have the leaf blower, the hedge trimmer, and the lawn trimmer.
    I have the Crappy 100w Nexus Escape (ok, I regret getting that one)
    I have the Nexus Powerstation
    I have the 1st gen snowblower, and the new 2 stage one

So far, only thing that needed customer service was chasing a part for the mower (I lost the “key”) and one of my first 2.0ah batteries went out this year. Both times, I was annoyed with the wait and lack of response

But the units themselves are fantastic.

Ran the snowblower (first gen) for nearly 30 hours straight last year, clearing out neighbours after a big storm. Had 2 batteries in, and 4 more on fast chargers, swapping out every 4-5 driveways. The unit never complained – overheating is less of an issue when its winter work, but it does happen, just not to this blower

I have NOT been impressed with Ego customer service, but their products – in my experience – have been fantastic

I have the first gen mower as well as this year’s new one (gave my father the older model)

So far, only thing that needed customer service was chasing a part for the mower (I lost the “key”) and one of my first 2.0ah batteries went out this year. Both times, I was annoyed with the wait and lack of response

Ran the snowblower (first gen) for nearly 30 hours straight last year, clearing out neighbours after a big storm. Had 2 batteries in, and 4 more on fast chargers, swapping out every 4-5 driveways. The unit never complained – overheating is less of an issue when its winter work, but it does happen, just not to this blower

That’s good to know , I’ve been impressed with my mower and other products as well , I bought the Nexus escape also , thank God I picked it up on sale , just need it for little emergencies or a fireplace fan , can I ask you where did you buy the 2 stage snow blower , was it the kit or bare tool , and what about the Nexus power station , is that giving you any problems as some other users have said with hurting other electronic devices.

I’m looking into this blower from either Reno or Rona

That’s good to know , I’ve been impressed with my mower and other products as well , I bought the Nexus escape also , thank God I picked it up on sale , just need it for little emergencies or a fireplace fan , can I ask you where did you buy the 2 stage snow blower , was it the kit or bare tool , and what about the Nexus power station , is that giving you any problems as some other users have said with hurting other electronic devices.

snowblower was igocordless

As for the Nexus – I’ve never noticed issues. During power failures, I use it to power the fridge and deep freezer, while charging spare batteries in my shed off solar. Good for coffee and the toaster over too

Also nice for camping

redwood
    Pro

I agree Eric, about the quality of their products, so far. I have everything you have minus the blower plus the chain saws and rototiller.

They are not cheap though and we shouldn’t have to go through hoops to get things fixed. Down the road, if something goes wrong, at least in my area, no one fixes them. So your option are to replace them or ship them away and hope.

In my very limited trials, the Nexus appears that it will do just what I want. My issue is just with the connectivity, which may never be a big deal, but it’s suppose to work and it doesn’t. My understanding is that besides telling you the exact status of your batteries (a good thing), it can also upgrade the firmware.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

I agree Eric, about the quality of their products, so far. I have everything you have minus the blower plus the chain saws and rototiller.

They are not cheap though and we shouldn’t have to go through hoops to get things fixed. Down the road, if something goes wrong, at least in my area, no one fixes them. So your option are to replace them or ship them away and hope.

In my very limited trials, the Nexus appears that it will do just what I want. My issue is just with the connectivity, which may never be a big deal, but it’s suppose to work and it doesn’t. My understanding is that besides telling you the exact status of your batteries (a good thing), it can also upgrade the firmware.

If it makes you feel better, my app connection works perfectly, and is entirely useless since I don’t think there has ever been a firmware update and all it really tells me is the per battery charge in addition to remaining time and watt draw. Nothing worth checking frankly

redwood
    Pro

You are right of course and I knew that, but it should still work, even if it is basically useless. I have 2 distinct devises and neither work with it. It also gave me first hand experience with their customer service. Back when their forum was in place, there were lot’s of grumblings about CS. Now I know why.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

snowblower was igocordless

As for the Nexus – I’ve never noticed issues. During power failures, I use it to power the fridge and deep freezer, while charging spare batteries in my shed off solar. Good for coffee and the toaster over too

Also nice for camping

Okay thanks , did you have it delivered to the house , last time I ordered the pole saw , I had it sent to the Ego service center authorized dealer , man what an experience , those guys were slightly wacky lol

Good to hear about the power station being okay , I’ll have to check out something like that solar panel for charging batteries.

I think I’ll just buy the blower from either store Reno or Rona , I should get a sizeable amount of gift cards to spend in the store afterwards lol
    Plus I’ll get air miles 🤭

So after having a bad experience in Reno Depot last week , I decided to send in an email about the waiting around and lousy service ,
    Also contacted someone else I know at Rona , he was going to give me a slight deal , I was supposed to go by Friday night for the order and all that , but later in the Friday afternoon , I received an email from the customer service manager , she wanted me to call her and tell her about my experience , well she was extremely nice and curtious and gave me a deal I couldn’t resist , so I finally went to Reno Depot this morning , and bought the Two stage snow blower , I’m looking forward to receiving it hopefully shortly.

Definitely going to be easier on the torn rotator cuff than shoveling. 👍

Just saw this on the igocordless site , that is not good , I’ll have to contact Reno Depot to see what’s up with my order , hopefully I will have one of the blowers that was ordered before this , I wonder why , could it be because of the covid19 and backlog , or is something up with Ego manufacturing /company

Just saw this on the igocordless site , that is not good , I’ll have to contact Reno Depot to see what’s up with my order , hopefully I will have one of the blowers that was ordered before this , I wonder why , could it be because of the covid19 and backlog , or is something up with Ego manufacturing /company

Looks like it’s just the kit with two batteries. Bare tool still for sale, so not a recall

Either the kit isn’t happening, or it was all reserved by Lowes, or some supply chain issues.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.561 seconds