dcsimg

EGO

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  redwood 3 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

redwood
    Pro

Well by accident I got pulled into another battery platform, EGO.

A couple of weeks ago, I got a email for a auction of Home Depot Stuff. Returns, overstock, whatever. What appealed to me was that it was only 1 1/2 hours away. https://bid.tmcauction.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/21027/

What appealed to me were a lot of shelves of power tools, primarily, Milwaukee, Rigid, Ryobi, and a little DeWalt. I thought that it might be a good chance to get a bunch of tools cheap to outfit my son’s. Unfortunately, I guess I’m too cheap. Though I bid on about 15 lot’s of these tools, they all went higher. I would think, if most of the tools worked, the prices that they went for were very good. On average, a shelf of 10 -15 power tools went for between $ 200 and $300. I’m a little disappointed, but it was just more then I wanted to spend on questionable condition.

So towards the end of the auction, I bid on a EGO mower. I don’t have a mower, nor do I have a big lawn, but I do have some weeds and was tired of cutting everything with a weed eater on my 1/2 acre lot. Well, I was outbid and it went for $ 150, my last bid was $ 140. I may have gone higher, but it ended too quick. I was bidding online. I had previewed everything, and the mower didn’t have a battery in it. I asked and they said they would look for one, but no guarantees.

Next item I bid on was a EGO snow blower. I don’t get a lot of snow, but this past winter, we got a foot or more on at least 6 different days and I’m getting too old to keep shoveling this stuff. This snow blower was in a unopened box that looked like it may have been dropped off the truck, kind of like some of the boxes that have come from Bosch. The area where the auction was located doesn’t get any snow, so I thought I had a chance. I did, I won it with a bid of $ 140. When I picked it up a couple of days later, they gave me 2 extra batteries and another charger. If you know the price of these batteries, my winning bid was less then one battery, much less 4 plus the snow blower. I got it home and unboxed it. It was in perfect shape, despite the condition of the box. This is the top rated cordless snow blower at Consumer Reports by quite a bit and sells for something like $ 900. Now I just have to wait until next winter to try it out. With my luck, it won’t snow.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie
    Pro

Nice score Mark! I would think you’d want to keep the battery and charger inside during the winter if it doesn’t mention it in the manual.

Is it this one here….

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ego-21-inch-56-v-lithium-ion-cordless-snow-blower-kit-with-2-5-0ah-batteries-550w-charger/1001012538

Congratz Mark! 👍

redwood
    Pro

Nice score Mark! I would think you’d want to keep the battery and charger inside during the winter if it doesn’t mention it in the manual.

Is it this one here….

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ego-21-inch-56-v-lithium-ion-cordless-snow-blower-kit-with-2-5-0ah-batteries-550w-charger/1001012538

Congratz Mark! 👍

Yes that is the one. Interestingly the pricing doesn’t show up. Maybe because I’m not in Canada.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Is it this one here….

Congratz Mark! 👍

Yes that is the one. Interestingly the pricing doesn’t show up. Maybe because I’m not in Canada.

It’s $797 CAD+ tax

Doobie
    Pro

Probably, as I couldn’t pull up the pricing from the HD.com site.

It shows going for $797 CAD @ a current discount of $101 off and includes the charger and two 56V 5.0 Ah batteries.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Probably, as I couldn’t pull up the pricing from the HD.com site.

It shows going for $797 CAD @ a current discount of $101 off and includes the charger and two 56V 5.0 Ah batteries.

Wow that’s a steal of a deal Mark , you are right , those batteries are pretty steep
    I also have heard great things about the snow blower
    I bought the 21 inch push mower with the 5 am battery
    I love it , I missed the deal from home Depot a week and a half ago , they were giving a extra free 2.0 ah battery
    I couldn’t get there because of the flooding around here
    I tried calling home Depot and nothing

Anyway congrats Mark great deal.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well by accident I got pulled into another battery platform, EGO.

Congrats on your new tool Mark, enjoy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Ego has a lot of good stuff. Their blower is very powerful.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

EGO also has that battery backpack to run their bigger lawn stuff off of.

Dirty

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

EGO also has that battery backpack to run their bigger lawn stuff off of.

They came out with a commercial grade
    For longer use and runtime.

redwood
    Pro

So, I didn’t expect to get to use my snow blower until next winter. Well I may have been wrong. We are forecast to get 8″ tonight. I’m excited.

I also bit the bullet and bought the EGO mower. It came with the 7.5AH battery. I could have gotten the stripped model without batteries or charger, but it didn’t make financial sense. The mower I got has self propel and the battery with charger for $ 160 more. To buy just the battery is $ 350. I thought I didn’t need the self propel option, but when I mowed my lawn, which is on a slope, I was glad I did.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

until next winter. Well I may have been wrong. We are forecast to get 8″ tonight. I’m excited.

So much for that global warming ,,,

Dirty

Doobie
    Pro

So, I didn’t expect to get to use my snow blower until next winter. Well I may have been wrong. We are forecast to get 8″ tonight. I’m excited.

I also bit the bullet and bought the EGO mower. It came with the 7.5AH battery. I could have gotten the stripped model without batteries or charger, but it didn’t make financial sense. The mower I got has self propel and the battery with charger for $ 160 more. To buy just the battery is $ 350. I thought I didn’t need the self propel option, but when I mowed my lawn, which is on a slope, I was glad I did.

My current gas mower is a self propelled variable speed mower. I will never go back to anything else now. Congratz Mark!

CB
    Pro

until next winter. Well I may have been wrong. We are forecast to get 8″ tonight. I’m excited.

“Deniers of climate change have used recent snow dumps to cast doubt on a warming climate from human influences. Yet they could not be more wrong.”

“The maximum amount of moisture in the atmosphere increases exponentially with temperature – that is, the warmer the atmosphere, the more moisture the air can hold and thus, the more potential for precipitation.” (and snow)

“The atmosphere can hold 4% more moisture per one degree Fahrenheit increase in temperature.”

“The atmosphere gets freeze dried when it is very cold. That’s because the amount of moisture the atmosphere can hold depends very strongly on temperature.”

“Under cold conditions, the snow is likely to consist of very small crystals and sometimes is very light and fluffy and like “diamond dust”. By contrast, the heaviest snowfalls occur with surface temperatures from about 28°F to 32°F”

“The amount of snowfall at 32°F would be at least double that at 14°F. It could be much more because the warm moist buoyant air may also contribute to intensification of the storm itself.”

https://www.iflscience.com/environment/does-global-warming-mean-more-or-less-snow/[/url]

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

May the 17th and my furnace is still working.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

It’s strange , a few years ago we were already in the swimming pool around this time of year 🤔

Doobie
    Pro

It’s strange , a few years ago we were already in the swimming pool around this time of year

I’m actually kinda glad that it’s staying cooler a bit longer this spring for a selfish reason. I still have a pad to pour for my pool mechanicals that needs to be done before the water in my pool gets really green. This delay in warm weather arriving may prove the difference for me in having to go and deal with an expense of pool chemicals and hassle like I had to a few years ago when I left my pool unopened too long and the water got really super dark green.

That episode cost me around $250 in corrective chemicals and three weeks to correct to where the water wasn’t cloudy any longer. I was told at the time that the next steep to correct if the last remedy offered didn’t work was gonna be having to drain the pool and start all over which would have been a huge hassle and run me over $500 or so I calculated in water and new chemicals. Thankfully, the pool finally cleared. I learned my lesson that year and I don’t want to go thru that again.

redwood
    Pro

Well the weatherman got it wrong again. Just didn’t get as cold as they expected.

Despite that, there are 3 more evenings in the next week, they expect a little snow.

Doobie, I remember those green pool times. What a pain.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.185 seconds