dcsimg

Dyson or Shark Vacuum cleaner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Cpytox8
    Pro

I am fed up with my Dyson V6 Absolute and I think it has no suction and useless now , the v11 is £600 an I am not willing to spend that.
    Went to Currys yesterday and they recommended me shark Vacuum cleaner.
    Anyone think sharks are better than Dyson?
    Thanks

I am fed up with my Dyson V6 Absolute and I think it has no suction and useless now , the v11 is £600 an I am not willing to spend that.

Thanks

Boy , I have never tried or owned a Dyson , but I have heard tons of good things plus people raving about them ,
    I just can’t see spending that much money on a hand held vacuum
    I have a shark upright , it’s okay , has plenty of power , and suction is great , plus I believed we paid definitely less than the Dyson ,

Looking forward to hearing what you decide to do.

Thanks

Got a v10 last year. Its ok. But the battery doesn’t last all that long, and it just doesn’t impress me. Lots of attachments came with it, but we only really use the same couple, which tend to get clogged.

In the meantime, I have a Makita 18v stick vac with a mini cyclone filer inline. A lot cheaper, runs longer on a battery (and I can swap the battery easily for a fresh one) and really just as good at picking up crud.

I used to have Bosch 18v GAS18vs, but none are still working. The new generation is crap, so I went to Makita for it….
    Maybe the v11 is better, but I’m not seeing the value for my money really

redwood
    Pro

I have the Dyson Animal ball 2 and the Torque drive animal V10. I really like them, mostly for the maneuverability. That said, I think that they are overpriced. The only reason I have them is that I got both at auctions for a fraction of the price. I also verified that despite getting them at a auction, Dyson will honor the warranty, as they were new in the box. I needed it for a attachment and they replaced it quickly.

I also had the Dyson Animal V7. When I got the V10, I sold the V7 to my ex-wife for what I paid for it. The V-10 is way more powerful, but I much preferred the size of the V7

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

Never been a fan of Dyson. All sizzle/marketing and baloney versus steak.

We just got a dog and I am curious about one of the Shark models.

https://www.sharkclean.ca/shark-self-cleaning-brushroll/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw28T8BRDbARIsAEOMBcxpbQrmHD24nx_14zfxzqo6jQJ610RMUcL8bNOlrfyt0C0UcXo0P1AaAs3WEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

We have carpeting in most places where our puppy goes, but for my office and the kitchen, some kind of better vac than my cheapo Makita stick 18V vac or a Swifer might me more ideal now with the dog although she is not a long hair breed (English Springer Spaniel).

redwood
    Pro

I’m curious Kevin, have you ever used a Dyson? Mine have performed very well, but the hype is probably a little over the top.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Cpytox8
    Pro

After reading this comparison between shark vs. dyson i coose the dyson v11.

Doobie

I’m curious Kevin, have you ever used a Dyson? Mine have performed very well, but the hype is probably a little over the top.

I was simply in the situation some years ago to needing a new vac and had checked them out in a store and felt it was flimsy plastic and rather preferred a disposible bag system over the cyclonic container style.

I subsequential read online and was told first hand of Dyson past users from good sources I felt of disappointmemts of a host of negative remarks on Dyson insofar as longevity and overall functionality. It really helped me assess how I discerned their wares overall for me.

Went with a Miele at the time, and it is miles ahead on what anything that Dyson could do with all the carpetting we have. The best Dyson in the store we saw demonstrated just is nowhere near it we saw up front first hand versus receiving the Miele I ordered online. The power head on the Miele is a brute and well designed compared to the flimsy plastic lightish Dysons. While the Miele cost a grand, after 5 years of use, you can easily figure the Miele will last for at least a couple of decades.

redwood
    Pro

Funny, I think one of the best features on the Dyson type vacs, is the lack of needing disposable bags.

The plastic seems just fine, not flimsy in my mind. I don’t own too many tools that don’t have plastic in them, and they get much harder workouts them my Vacs. It really cuts down on weight.

Like I said, I only got the Dyson’s because the price was right. In fact, I got the Dyson V-11 torque drive, the Ball animal 2, and the V8 animal for a total of $ 450 US.

Time will tell how long they will last. They each come with a 2 year warranty, which is probably longer then any of my Hoovers lasted.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Doobie

They each come with a 2 year warranty, which is probably longer then any of my Hoovers lasted.

The Miele had a standard 5 year warranty, but the deal was when we bought it that Miele extended it to 10 years parts and labour.

redwood
    Pro

They each come with a 2 year warranty, which is probably longer then any of my Hoovers lasted.

The Miele had a standard 5 year warranty, but the deal was when we bought it that Miele extended it to 10 years parts and labour.

Good deal. I’m assuming that in 10 years, I won’t need to vacuum any longer.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Doobie

Good deal. I’m assuming that in 10 years, I won’t need to vacuum any longer.

Don’t say that Mark. Hope you can vacuum well into some centenary years, albeit slower I would think at that point, lol!

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

i love my Dyson its one of the best i ever used

Dan105
    Pro

Your expert advice will be appreciated . Thanks

@RonW or @ChadM , @doobie 🙄🤷‍♂️👆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.269 seconds