dcsimg

Dust Mask for Glasses

This topic contains 43 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I find that my safety glasses always fog up if I use a mask at the same time . It is either one or the other .

staker
    Pro

I don’t wear them as much as I should, but find that if you buy a good quality throw away it fits better.

woodman_412

The North dust mask that I posted at the beginning of this thread is still my go to mask. I’ve found it to be by far the most comfortable dust mask that I’ve used and it never fogs up my glasses either. Also a lot more economical than disposables.

Dan

danpattison.com

I find that my safety glasses always fog up if I use a mask at the same time . It is either one or the other .

Have you tried using shaving cream (not the gel) to clean the inside of the glasses with. It will stop the fogging

KenW
    Pro

I have use a disposable 3-M brand mask for spraying. It would work really good for dust and it didn’t interfer with my glasses a whole lot. I even have worn saftey googles with it.

Attachments:

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I like the 3-M when spraying as well. For dust these filters work well.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

KenW
    Pro

They come in pink too? hmm..

@boatbldr
    Look into the 3M 6500 with the flip down option (Model number should have a QL after it):

I have the older AO Safety version of that before 3M acquired AO Safety and the 6503QL since I couldn’t get cartridges that would fit the bayonet on the AO Safety version.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Used the new mask while sanding tonight and I am overwhelmed with how excellent it works. With the exhaust being down it doesn’t get near glasses.

That looks like a nice one. Did you get it at the HD? I have a lot of filters like that.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Thanks for resurrecting this old thread.
    I bought my first pair of (non-safety)’cheaters’ about a month ago and they make a world of difference on close-up stuff. I’ve had (safety) bifocals for years – mostly unused.
    It’s getting to the point that I’m going to have to pair dust masks with them, and since I like the biggest lens glasses I can find, the masks often interfere.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the mask dans talking about is great actually. the mask itself with one filter is $18 i believe. i picked one up about a year and a half ago. i use it only for milling up mdf. when doing demolition where plaster is involved i go to a heavy duty respirator

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Have you tried using shaving cream (not the gel) to clean the inside of the glasses with. It will stop the fogging

I have never heard of that before but I guess worth a try 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I was cutting a lot of grout lines today and fully plugged my respirator up.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That must of been a lot of grout.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Particulate filter? Back up some, guy! 🙂

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

That’s a good thing. It means your respirator is doing it’s job

@boatbldr
    Look into the 3M 6500 with the flip down option (Model number should have a QL after it):

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/tqcactrxZNk?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    I have the older AO Safety version of that before 3M acquired AO Safety and the 6503QL since I couldn’t get cartridges that would fit the bayonet on the AO Safety version.

I’ve never seen those types before . Look like a simple lock on .

Always willing to learn .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I’m either wearing a mask or safety goggles. Rarely both, the glasses always get dogged when I have a mask. I suppose having a big beard doesn’t help the mask seal much either.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

dust masks and glasses are a pain. Respirators work ok. I dont get the choice of one or the other on the job

I like the ones with the face mask built in, still fogs up a little though

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.544 seconds