dcsimg

Dust Deputy Bucket

This topic contains 20 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  r-ice 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys

I have (and love) the Dust Deputy with the 5 gallon bucket, but find it fills up too fast.

Do any of you know a source of bigger buckets that use the same 12″ lid? I dont want to build something else, I just want options to swap between depending on the situation

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Is it possible to adapt the 12″ lid to a larger bucket and lid? 5 gal would be a real PITA to be emptying all the time.

The bucket I am using now is 120 liters and it’s too small IMO.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Is it possible to adapt the 12″ lid to a larger bucket and lid? 5 gal would be a real PITA to be emptying all the time.

I mean, I can attach the cyclone to anything really, including a 55gallin drum, but am hoping that someone makes a drum with the same size lid as a standard 5 gallon, so I can swap to whatever I want

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I mean, I can attach the cyclone to anything really, including a 55gallin drum, but am hoping that someone makes a drum with the same size lid as a standard 5 gallon, so I can swap to whatever I want

Can I entice you into a whole new set up?
    http://www.oneida-air.com/

Get one just like mine and you will love it. Its just a larger version of the dust deputy, works like a charm.

Get one just like mine and you will love it. Its just a larger version of the dust deputy, works like a charm.

Given that I also have limited space, thats a lot of money to save a few emptyings… cool though it is

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

here is a Dust Deputy I set up on a 20 gallon trash can. You could just cut a hole in the lid of a can and attach a bucket with the bottom cut off to the lid to make it work. I made a new lid with a gasket and thumb screws to hold it on so I could keep it air tight. for the separator to work best the canister must be air tight. You could probably do the same thing with a plastic barrel.

Attachments:

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

here is a Dust Deputy I set up on a 20 gallon trash can. You could just cut a hole in the lid of a can and attach a bucket with the bottom cut off to the lid to make it work. I made a new lid with a gasket and thumb screws to hold it on so I could keep it air tight. for the separator to work best the canister must be air tight. You could probably do the same thing with a plastic barrel.

That looks good. How does it seal? Does it loose a lot of pull?

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I cut a rabbet in the lid with a router that matched the diameter of the can then installed a rubber gasket in the rabbet. I also silicone all of the seams and gaps in the can and sealed everything as I screwed or bolted it together. It actually pulls really well, I use it with my planer a lot and it keeps things fairly clean. It is nice to be able to run a lot of material without having to empty. I have also used it on my router table with good results.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

That’s what I’m talking about! The bigger the barrel; the less often you need to empty it.

As long as the seal is intact, there will be no loss of separation ability.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I haven’t seen anything like that Eric.
    You might look into one of those poly drums. almost the same footprint as a 5gal bucket. check craigslist or just buy them online.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Oneida may have a lid to swap the Dust Deputy cyclone you have by removing it from the current lid and re-bolting it to the new lid that will fit a larger container. Give them a call. Won’t hurt.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I have seen 6 gallon buckets that are a little taller but everything else was the same. I am pretty sure some kid d of plaster product came in it. Its 20% more volume.

Edit I just googled 7 gallon bucket and found this
    https://www.amazon.com/Letica-7-Gallon-White-Bucket/dp/B00I0BVINY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476840874&sr=8-1&keywords=7+gallon+buckets

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Which one did try out with the concrete grinding?

A Working Pro since 2004

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I gotta get one of these things, I keep saying I am but then hold back.

Maybe because of the extra hose and hunting down the right adapters.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Which one did try out with the concrete grinding?

i used mine for grinding the concrete floor of a garage. Mu mistake was not emptying it often. It was so heavy when I quit, that I could not lift it. I ended up taking a couple of buckets out of it then it was fine. just using a regular shop vac kept he thing filling and very little dust escaping.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Kurt did you put water in the bottom to grab the dust?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have seen 6 gallon buckets that are a little taller but everything else was the same. I am pretty sure some kid d of plaster product came in it. Its 20% more volume.

Edit I just googled 7 gallon bucket and found this
    https://www.amazon.com/Letica-7-Gallon-White-Bucket/dp/B00I0BVINY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476840874&sr=8-1&keywords=7+gallon+buckets

wow 30 bucks for 7gal bucket. a white 5 gal at homedepot cost around 4.50
    I would go with a poly drum myself

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Kurt did you put water in the bottom to grab the dust?

no water, just the weight of the dust kept it settling in the bottom of the can. The dust deputy really works well to separate the particles, even fine dust.

You can get fibre barrels too. Princess Auto and the like carry them sometimes. I have seen taller ones with a smaller diameter also.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/21-gallon-fiber-barrel/A-p8631186e

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Do any of you know a source of bigger buckets that use the same 12″ lid?

Check at some of your local restaurants. I got a few 7 gal size one time that had pickles in them.
    Might check at bakeries too

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.750 seconds