dcsimg

Dust control on a router table

This topic contains 51 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  MikeMader 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Sorry I derailed your thread – totally didn’t translate 4100 to table saw, doh! I have to say though that on my GTS1300 I don’t find it that bad, but it has everything fully enclosed under it so maybe that helps.

@mattryyc I don’t think you derailed, I think Brad IS talking about dust control regarding a router table like you thought – not on the table saw itself, but simply on his router table that is mounted on his Bosch 4100 TS…

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

@mattryyc What John said, I was confused as well. I forgot that Brad mounted a router setup on the table saw.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Ya, you can all blame it on me. I mention cutting dados on the table saw but I was really talking about my router ext that I put on the saw.

I tried putting the base dust collection on my router under the table but it wouldn’t fit with my design. I may need to modify that.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

@PI_Woodworker that looks pretty good. Unfortunately I don’t think my shop vac has enough suck.

@thedude306: Now that really sucks. Time to a new sucker! 🙂 🙂

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I do need a new sucker. The new shop will have a monster of a dust collector in it. 6″ trunk lines and big cfm.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I do need a new sucker. The new shop will have a monster of a dust collector in it. 6″ trunk lines and big cfm.

Do you have anything specific in mind to do your sucking? Would the Bosch vac be enough if it made it up to you?

Thatkid
    Pro

Do you have anything specific in mind to do your sucking? Would the Bosch vac be enough if it made it up to you?

I don’t think the Bosch vac would do it. It sounds like he is going to get a dust collector.

@thedude306 Brad – what DC are you looking at adding? A cyclone or some other unit?

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

No particular unit in mind yet but I would prefer a cyclone, or maybe build a cyclone on a regular DC unit. Do you have any recommendations. @mrtooljunkie

I still want the new bosch vac but it won’t keep up with the router table.

Brad T

Anonymous

Disregard my confusion in my last post. I don’t know what I’m talking about, with saws routers, etc. I think the pics I posted would help you.

With your avatar and this post I’m LOL.

Anonymous

I tried putting the base dust collection on my router under the table but it wouldn’t fit with my design. I may need to modify that.

Don’t throw away anything if you build another insert 🙂 , I know a lazy guy that would be happy with any of your leftovers

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Don’t throw away anything if you build another insert :) , I know a lazy guy that would be happy with any of your leftovers

We might be able to work something out. 😉

Brad T

Anonymous

Don’t throw away anything if you build another insert :) , I know a lazy guy that would be happy with any of your leftovers

We might be able to work something out. ;-)

Cool beans! Although I’m sure shipping would suck to the point of not being worth it……..Maybe LOL. Lazy vs $$, Hmmmm 🙂

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

We might be able to work something out. ;-)

Cool beans! Although I’m sure shipping would suck to the point of not being worth it……..Maybe LOL. Lazy vs $$, Hmmmm :)

Give him some piggies.

Disregard my confusion in my last post. I don’t know what I’m talking about, with saws routers, etc. I think the pics I posted would help you.

With your avatar and this post I’m LOL.

I’ll be around for a while.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Give him some piggies.

Listen to this guy! I am going to see if I can modify my existing insert, when I have it out I’ll make a second and send it your way by dog sled to keep shipping cheap.

Brad T

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

This is what I get for not bring around. I built a dust collection mod for my router table for slots and dados. I will try to get a video of it in action and get it up on this thread ASAP.

Basically I took a rigid & flexible tubing system and plugged it directly into my DC.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Can’t wait for the pics and explanation. I haven’t ran a dado through since this thread but I have a project for after Christmas.

I would love to improve the DC before then.

Brad T

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

This is what I get for not bring around. I built a dust collection mod for my router table for slots and dados. I will try to get a video of it in action and get it up on this thread ASAP.

Basically I took a rigid & flexible tubing system and plugged it directly into my DC.

If you’ve got enough suction available, you could probably build a down draft table into your existing top. Obviously this would require holes being drilled in your table top, but it may be effective in this scenario.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Well welcome back. It would be nice to see what you’ve been up to.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

If you’ve got enough suction available, you could probably build a down draft table into your existing top

I have been very tempted to build in some sort of down draft. I have plenty of suction when I am doing edge forming but its the dados that really mess up the shop.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.558 seconds