dcsimg

DryWall=We Don't Need No Stinkin Quick Feeds,,LOL

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’m pretty fast too…

That was quick but spraying without a mask? LOL

Sorry to continue the derail of this topic. Talking about workers standing around. A water pipe broke under one of our roads a few weeks ago. When I went look and see what was happening (I had no water). There was one guy in the hole. About 10 guys from every agency standing around, plus 2 flagman. It looked like they were having a lot of fun, giving shit to the one guy in the hole working.

Mark,
    Sounds like a typical city construction job site. 🙂

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Mixalot is a professional!!!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It’s always good to see guys who work hard and have a system. I’ve been on commercial jobs where there are certain people and/or crews who seem to do more standing around than working. When you get a chance to talk to them it’s clear that they just don’t care. They’re just there to do enough work to stay employed. Thankfully, I’ve seen good hard workers too.

I feel as if that is from our city, and work for the city. I often see 6 or 7 guys standing around while one guy is doing something. usually they are smoking or chatting. One time is saw them block a whole road and not let a bus pass, wasn’t as if they needed the whole road eventually the cops had to come and move them along lol

Same as folks that work in offices and play on the computer. Some things just arn’t right

its true and i feel that i am in the wrong profession as i don’t get to surf non work related stuff.

well @58chev shall we have a contest next time we have a wall to put up to see how fast we can put one up?

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

I’m pretty fast too…

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/eanO6clN6Yg?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

You’re right. I usually do wear a mask when spraying orange peel texture.
    If you look closely I have a GoPro in my mouth when I’m spraying the texture. Made for some pretty good footage. ;-D

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Mixalot is a professional!!!

Thank you Randy!

Yes he is @DirtyWhiteBoy! @Sir_mixalot is great at his profession! I like his tips and expertise. I loved how he did the reveal base trim!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

looks like every day on the job to me

We Don’t Need No Stinkin Quick Feeds,,LOL
    I don’t think so.. Here are some of the countries fastest, working for one on the countries biggest drywallers making top dollar!! All Mexican.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/vx7MiAsDrZY?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    <figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/4OPxLKihdbU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Wow that’s pretty fast DWB!
    I’m pretty fast too…

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/eanO6clN6Yg?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

any reason you 2 pieced the rock on the opening? extra seam to tape and mud

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I’m pretty fast too…

Sorry to continue the derail of this topic. Talking about workers standing around. A water pipe broke under one of our roads a few weeks ago. When I went look and see what was happening (I had no water). There was one guy in the hole. About 10 guys from every agency standing around, plus 2 flagman. It looked like they were having a lot of fun, giving shit to the one guy in the hole working.

Mark,
    Sounds like a typical city construction job site. :)

I never see textured walls very often .Is that common where you are ?

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

We Don’t Need No Stinkin Quick Feeds,,LOL
    I don’t think so.. Here are some of the countries fastest, working for one on the countries biggest drywallers making top dollar!! All Mexican.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/vx7MiAsDrZY?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    <figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/4OPxLKihdbU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Wow that’s pretty fast DWB!
    I’m pretty fast too…

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/eanO6clN6Yg?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

any reason you 2 pieced the rock on the opening? extra seam to tape and mud

Yes. It’s a 24″ opening. So I can either cut up a full sheet to 1 piece it or use half a sheet if I use 2 pieces. I had already calculated how much drywall this project was going to take with the least amount of waste.
    A 24″ factory joint really doesn’t take much more work when I’m doing all of the other mudding anyway’s.

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

I never see textured walls very often .Is that common where you are ?

Yes pretty much every home here has a texture on the walls and ceilings. Most popular here in my area are
    Walls: orange peel or knockdown texture
    Ceilings: skip trowel or knockdown. With the exception to bathroom and kitchen ceilings which are usually orange peel texture.

I’m pretty fast too…

Mark,
    Sounds like a typical city construction job site. :)

Seems like the only ones that point out things like this don’t do it for a living. Yes a mask should be wore, but I am sure that we all step over the lines at our own trades. Like his work so much I didn’t think to point it out. Esp, since I can learn so much from him

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

A 24″ factory joint really doesn’t take much more work when I’m doing all of the other mudding anyway’s.

That extra 24″ is nothing for a professional.

Seems like the only ones that point out things like this don’t do it for a living.

I saw that too. I spray texture all the time with out a mask. It’s not a big deal, the stuff is so thick.

Seems like the only ones that point out things like this don’t do it for a living.

I saw that too. I spray texture all the time with out a mask. It’s not a big deal, the stuff is so thick.

Lol…yeah a mask to spray thick wet texture…um no…never have.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Some of these guys need to get out more LOL.

Some of these guys need to get out more LOL.

once would be nice.

Doobie

Just catching up with this thread for first time. Nice videos Dirty. Those guys sure motor. Love those guns they have. Reloading is so fast.

LMAO! That’s a scene I can visualize. 👌

Clev08
    Pro

Do they have the measurements in their head? In the video where he’s hanging walls, I didn’t see him take measurements on the wall, just on the boards. Doesn’t look like he makes a wasted move anywhere.

It looks to me like he is reading dimensions off the wall. He probably measured the entire room and wrote them on the wall.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

That’s pretty impressive! None of the boarders around here use auto feed, and all of them spend 3-4 days in a new construction 2500sq ft +/-

For the amount I board it wouldn’t be worth it, but for the pros I don’t see why everyone wouldn’t be using them, aside from screw cost.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but for the pros I don’t see why everyone wouldn’t be using them, aside from screw cost.

Probably that and the cost to change over tools that do not need replaced yet.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.365 seconds