dcsimg

DryWall=We Don't Need No Stinkin Quick Feeds,,LOL

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

everyone saying “why would they work that fast?” cause they’re making $70/hr total package and are probably being paid a board bonus on top.

You may make money . But the damage to the body doing drywall for years takes a toll at that speed .

That’s exactly what I did to my body and in the end it wasn’t worth it . I make a fair bit more than them drywallers and I certainly don’t have to go like snot to make it 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Dirty, any idea what autofeed attachment they are using.

It’s just called Super Drive and it’s the setup that’s sold at Grabber Pacific out here

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

everyone saying “why would they work that fast?” cause they’re making $70/hr total package and are probably being paid a board bonus on top.

Jobs like that they bring home about 8,000 a month but there is no year round work.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

It’s just called Super Drive and it’s the setup that’s sold at Grabber Pacific out here

Never heard of it but looks like it works very well! Wonder how the Bosch compares?

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

It’s a good watch, I like how fast they score and break the drywall.

I have to use a tee square…no way I could score a sheet with just a tape. The line would be everywhere!

I was on a job where there was a crew hanging soffit under a porch (fiber cement I think). One guy took his tape, butted it against his circular saw, and made the cut.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

It’s always good to see guys who work hard and have a system. I’ve been on commercial jobs where there are certain people and/or crews who seem to do more standing around than working. When you get a chance to talk to them it’s clear that they just don’t care. They’re just there to do enough work to stay employed. Thankfully, I’ve seen good hard workers too.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It’s always good to see guys who work hard and have a system. I’ve been on commercial jobs where there are certain people and/or crews who seem to do more standing around than working. When you get a chance to talk to them it’s clear that they just don’t care. They’re just there to do enough work to stay employed. Thankfully, I’ve seen good hard workers too.

I feel as if that is from our city, and work for the city. I often see 6 or 7 guys standing around while one guy is doing something. usually they are smoking or chatting. One time is saw them block a whole road and not let a bus pass, wasn’t as if they needed the whole road eventually the cops had to come and move them along lol

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I feel as if that is from our city, and work for the city. I often see 6 or 7 guys standing around while one guy is doing something. usually they are smoking or chatting. One time is saw them block a whole road and not let a bus pass, wasn’t as if they needed the whole road eventually the cops had to come and move them along lol

That is usually the case in every town and city .I think it is part of the job 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That is usually the case in every town and city .I think it is part of the job :-)

You talking about the guys that hold up the shovels??

Same as folks that work in offices and play on the computer. Some things just arn’t right

Same as folks that work in offices and play on the computer. Some things just arn’t right

Straight on Ed, lots of that Chit around,

Never heard of it but looks like it works very well! Wonder how the Bosch compares?

$50 cheaper than the bosch and lighter. but it’s not compatible with bosch guns. compatible with grabber, Dewalt, makita,and hitachi

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

We Don’t Need No Stinkin Quick Feeds,,LOL
    I don’t think so.. Here are some of the countries fastest, working for one on the countries biggest drywallers making top dollar!! All Mexican.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/vx7MiAsDrZY?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    <figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/4OPxLKihdbU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Wow that’s pretty fast DWB!
    I’m pretty fast too…

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

That is usually the case in every town and city .I think it is part of the job :-)

It’s almost like the padded bid allows 8 workers at a charge of $90 per hour even if only 3 are working.
    On the other hand, I must admit there are guys onsite that are standing around that are working. An engineer could be watching over, supervisor of the crew supervising, open pit saftey guy watching readings, backhoe operator waiting patiently to do his thing, etc

A Working Pro since 2004

redwood
    Pro

Sorry to continue the derail of this topic. Talking about workers standing around. A water pipe broke under one of our roads a few weeks ago. When I went look and see what was happening (I had no water). There was one guy in the hole. About 10 guys from every agency standing around, plus 2 flagman. It looked like they were having a lot of fun, giving shit to the one guy in the hole working.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I don’t think so.. Here are some of the countries fastest, working for one on the countries biggest drywallers making top dollar!! All Mexican.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/vx7MiAsDrZY?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    <figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/4OPxLKihdbU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I’m pretty fast too…

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/eanO6clN6Yg?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Paul,

As a framer, I didn’t even realize that your video was sped up until I saw the drywall being installed.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’m pretty fast too…

That you are. And did some fine work as well.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/vx7MiAsDrZY?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    <figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/4OPxLKihdbU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I’m pretty fast too…

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/eanO6clN6Yg?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

That is some quality work. Really liked how all the pieces were cut and ready to go. Wish I could master the hot mud!!!

You may make money . But the damage to the body doing drywall for years takes a toll at that speed .

That’s exactly what I did to my body and in the end it wasn’t worth it . I make a fair bit more than them drywallers and I certainly don’t have to go like snot to make it :-)

I know some Union guys said the concrete floors would kill them with there boots . Standing 12 hours and bang boards kills . I know it does on my feet over projects which is over concrete sub structure .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

$50 cheaper than the bosch and lighter. but it’s not compatible with bosch guns. compatible with grabber, Dewalt, makita,and hitachi

The Grabber gun is made by Black&Decker.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.324 seconds