dcsimg

Drywall Estimating

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi! I was just wondering what range of prices are out there for quoting a drywall job? How much per square foot to hang the drywall, how much per square foot to finish the drywall? I know there are lots of variables (area of the country, ceilings, corners/bead, heights, grade of finish, etc.), but was just looking to get an idea of some ranges (ie: $.25/sq.ft to hang and $.35/sq.ft. to finish?) Thanks!

My regular drywall sub charges me $2.00 per sq ft installed/finished for 1/2″ and $2.50 per sq. ft for 5/8″. The number varies with the difficulty, ceiling height, soffits, etc.

Closets are usually the most time consuming.
    It does vary

Is is cheaper or time consuming? I personally
    Don’t like drywall

Depends on the size of the project . Bigger the job less per square I get . On small jobs its done in house . The finishing is were price really changes . Cause of the level of finish you choose on the wall .

Always willing to learn .

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We sub most of our drywall, but we supply material for the subs, sometimes my hanger also does the taping, other times it is a separate sub.
    hanging ranges from $0.20 up to about $0.60 per square foot depending on the height of the wall and ceiling. Tall ceilings will push up to the higher end.

Taping runs in the $0.45 for 8′ walls and ceilings and on up depending on the height of the wall and ceilings. niches and arches are extra. The taper supplies all his own material.

my drywall taper usually primes my walls for me and paints my ceilings white also.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Wow I havent sub rock in a while but .90-1.50 here supplied. They prefer to supply which I can understand

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Standard 8′ walls would be in that range for us supplied, about a little over a buck primed. When we get to 12′ + walls and ceilings is where it really goes up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Standard 8′ walls would be in that range for us supplied, about a little over a buck primed. When we get to 12′ + walls and ceilings is where it really goes up.

Just becuase of additional material costs on 12′ sheets?

staker
    Pro

I believe it’s the scaffolding needed and the extra time.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

As you go higer it just takes mor time. Hanging off of scaffolding takes time to set up and typically an extra man. Taping off of stilts is also slower.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Just becuase of additional material costs on 12′ sheets?

It’s definitely the time factor due to the scaffolding and the climbing up and down. I don’t know any professional hangers that would run boards parallel to the studs. The install is stronger when the boards are perpendicular to the studs.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The install is stronger when the boards are perpendicular to the studs.

Why is that?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The install is stronger when the boards are perpendicular to the studs.

Why is that?

For the same reason plywood makes a roof stronger when installed perpendicular to the rafters. It ties a larger number of structural members to each panel.

Also, it just feels more solid.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.243 seconds