dcsimg

Drone Safety Blitz in Canada

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 269 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Here are the recent proposed amendments for Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAV) in Canada if anyone is interested in some reading.
    http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/NPA-APM/actr.aspx?id=17&aType=1&lang=eng

Note also the price their drone setup costs.

They must be using the good ones??

Wow, that sure must be a nice setup they have!

I bookmarked that Chris. I am getting a little curious as to the reasoning of getting one of these things. Heck, they have their inoffensive uses. I just don’t want to run afoul of legitimate use ideas or overly perturb the jackass neighbors should I decide to get one. That Lily presented earlier in this thread was just a mind opener in what I could use it for.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Here are the recent proposed amendments for Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAV) in Canada if anyone is interested in some reading.
    http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/NPA-APM/actr.aspx?id=17&aType=1&lang=eng

Note also the price their drone setup costs.

They must be using the good ones??

Wow, that sure must be a nice setup they have!

I bookmarked that Chris. I am getting a little curious as to the reasoning of getting one of these things. Heck, they have their inoffensive uses. I just don’t want to run afoul of legitimate use ideas or overly perturb the jackass neighbors should I decide to get one. That Lily presented earlier in this thread was just a mind opener in what I could use it for.

Well that lilly one would be good if there was a smaller one made for personal videoing, like wood working videos. Different angles to see just how you do what you need to do.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Well this just brings it to a whole new level for me. This guy is wearing a virtual headset to fly the drone equipped with a Net Gun.

Awesome attachment!

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

Well this just brings it to a whole new level for me. This guy is wearing a virtual headset to fly the drone equipped with a Net Gun.

Those guys have too much time on their hands. lol!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/LgWlm5zrY4w?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    Awesome attachment!

wow think of the implications of this for a second, if the drone can use a net on another drone, what could it do for crowd control. The police would be able to control huge crowds from a distance with this.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh man drone wars, I see it coming.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Awesome attachment!

wow think of the implications of this for a second, if the drone can use a net on another drone, what could it do for crowd control. The police would be able to control huge crowds from a distance with this.

Local law enforcement won’t need helicopters they can purchase a tone of net shooting drones and have a bunch of cash to waste on other frivolous things.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/LgWlm5zrY4w?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    Awesome attachment!

Local law enforcement won’t need helicopters they can purchase a tone of net shooting drones and have a bunch of cash to waste on other frivolous things.

lol can’t say anything about Toronto as they have no aircraft lol. however I like the future of drone technology, you can use it where it would be too dangerous for humans to do like inspect roofs and stuff.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

lol can’t say anything about Toronto as they have no aircraft lol. however I like the future of drone technology, you can use it where it would be too dangerous for humans to do like inspect roofs and stuff.

I can see it now….

Downtown Toronto sky-rise loose glass plate falls to sidewalk (wouldn’t be the first time)… Drone being used by inspectors to check for more flaws in the building.

— Glenn Botting

Doobie

Awesome attachment!

How bout firing tasers at boneheads instead.

Even maybe shoot Skittles if they’re minors.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I can see it now….

Downtown Toronto sky-rise loose glass plate falls to sidewalk (wouldn’t be the first time)… Drone being used by inspectors to check for more flaws in the building.

what are they using to get so many glass planes to fall down. are they just not securing them properly, i know some guy died testing his window. He assumed the window was secure and ran at it.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I don’t think glass panes are spec’ed for 170lb battering ram lol.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

it happened in Toronto at the td building downtown. However the other panes of glass that are falling aren’t from a guy bashing it but just randomly it’ll fall.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I can see it now….

what are they using to get so many glass planes to fall down. are they just not securing them properly, i know some guy died testing his window. He assumed the window was secure and ran at it.

The panes randomly fall from towers downtown. It has happened over the last few years. Blamed on poor installation. Also panes of glass when they are used for the balcony’s.

— Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What is a 170lb. battering ram??? Do you have any idea how hard it is to break tempered glass??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I can see it now….

The panes randomly fall from towers downtown. It has happened over the last few years. Blamed on poor installation. Also panes of glass when they are used for the balcony’s.

Buildings go up so fast now that it doesn’t surprise me anymore. Last year we had to go caulk windows on a building that was recently built. We were shocked at the crappy work that was done. Bet it was some unionized guys making some serious money too!

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

What is a 170lb. battering ram??? Do you have any idea how hard it is to break tempered glass??

Smash it in a corner with a solid hard item. Preferably with a pointed edge. Really hard to break in the middle. No, I was not a car thief. 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Smash it in a corner with a solid hard item. Preferably with a pointed edge. Really hard to break in the middle. No, I was not a car thief. :)

This is a known fact but the glass in a building has no exposed edges. They are always well inside a frame.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Smash it in a corner with a solid hard item. Preferably with a pointed edge. Really hard to break in the middle. No, I was not a car thief. :)

This is a known fact but the glass in a building has no exposed edges. They are always well inside a frame.

Can’t help you there then. Sorry! 🙁

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

The Drone defender… Interesting idea and technology

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 269 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.615 seconds