dcsimg

Drone Safety Blitz in Canada

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 269 total)
  • Author

Not here either but you are supposed to register them and get them licensed and be insured.

My BIL just got one for their production company. It can fly a preplanned route, returns to a GPS co-ordinate on it’s own and takes 1080P digital video the whole time. And they are EASY to fly. After his first day with it his wife is doing profession looking fly overs and slow mow shots for movies with it.

It’s cool and creepy. I see the odd one flying in the city. It’s def changes the game on privacy.

That’s crazy how it can fly a preplanned route . The picture quality of 1080p I would think is a must for photos up in air . The privacy really scares me that your outdoor space is be watched not just bye government but people too .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

The privacy really scares me that your outdoor space is be watched not just bye government but people too .

An underground lair is starting to sound less ridiculous every day.

The privacy really scares me that your outdoor space is be watched not just bye government but people too .

An underground lair is starting to sound less ridiculous every day.

The funny thing is there are tons of people already doing they underground bunkers .

Anonymous
    Inactive

The funny thing is there are tons of people already doing they underground bunkers .

I roughed in a prepper home for another electrical contractor that was swamped last year. The couple were both Air Force retirees, a major and a colonel. The place was 2-story ICF, with these really secure European tilt-in windows and what amounted to a blast door as the main entrance. Place was almost impregnable.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I really have to get one of sites I work with the use the Drone! It would take some great pictures without having to rig a building. I guess roofers could use it also? Wonder what else in the trades field it would be practical to use. This considering that you would not need a pay-per flight licence on each job site or take off. I’m also assuming for a residential apartment the tenants would need to be notified and that could open a can of worms. Tenants normally arn’t too happy to see us unless the water is running into their unit, so a drone/UAV with a camera flying around might make it worse.

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

And they are EASY to fly. After his first day with it his wife is doing profession looking fly overs

Does she have blond hair??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I roughed in a prepper home for another electrical contractor that was swamped last year. The couple were both Air Force retirees, a major and a colonel. The place was 2-story ICF, with these really secure European tilt-in windows and what amounted to a blast door as the main entrance. Place was almost impregnable.

The lengths some people go throw for sake of world protection . How thick were the walls .

Anonymous
    Inactive

How thick were the walls .

Here’s a pic of the block I took to show the wife. I want to say the concrete was 10″. I think the foam was like 2-1/2″, so that looks about right.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

This today on the CBC news feed …
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/canada-u-s-drones-rules-1.3280065

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Just saw it too, it’s a shame that the irresponsible always ruin the fun for everybody. Not sure how enforceable it will be though.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I can imagine a similar discussion taking place in the past when driving licences were first proposed.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Heh, probably true for any sort of license. But unless there is a way to locate the drone operator quickly and easily, which I don’t think there is right now, it’ll be quite hard to enforce.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

They’re going to nail the commercial guys and it will all be complaint driven. My BIL upgrade his drone. It now shoots in 4K and it’s fully licensed for Victoria BC.

I am sure some of you have seen this footage of his. Without his license he would be in BIG trouble for this kind of thing

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That’s crazy! Thanks for sharing.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I think I will wait until next year to see about getting one after they change all the rules and laws on them .

Local city just banned them here in Ohio. Crazy.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh yea they are a big problem over here.

Dirty

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I think I will wait until next year to see about getting one after they change all the rules and laws on them .

I think they will have too many restrictions, that it wont make them any fun to play with.
    Might have to stick to RC Cars or Planes.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

http://ca.airhogs.com/site/product/helix-video-drone

hey they market video drones to kids now, are we going to jail them too?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

http://ca.airhogs.com/site/product/helix-video-drone

hey they market video drones to kids now, are we going to jail them too?

Yes kids have to obey the law too. Not long ago I heard on the news of a teenager got in trouble for videoing a woman taking a shower.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 269 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.790 seconds