dcsimg

Drone Safety Blitz in Canada

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 269 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

That would be a lot of fun I think as well…@r-ice is there anything like this in Durham region?

No, and even if there was i couldn’t justify racing 2000 dollars in to a wall or something.

I think wearing those visor displays would take getting use to. Interesting stuff though Aaron.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The Drone defender… Interesting idea and technology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaC5QAtBlrI

Using a SAM would be so much more fun though! 😉

It will be interesting to see the drone wars of the future.

i was just reading about the japanese drone wars right now, something to do with mobsters sending drugs by drones and the japanese police using big nets with other drones to catch them.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

i was just reading about the japanese drone wars right now, something to do with mobsters sending drugs by drones and the japanese police using big nets with other drones to catch them.

Just a matter of time. I can see “dog fights” breaking in the future.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

here are dutch birds of prey taking the drones out.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HifO-ebmE1s

Guess that’s one way to take out a drone with out having to shoot it down. That’s one massive bird, has to stand an easy 16″ tall.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

Guess that’s one way to take out a drone with out having to shoot it down. That’s one massive bird, has to stand an easy 16″ tall.

Eagles stand about 2 feet and will have a 6 foot wingspan. If you are very close to one ever, when they open their wings it will freak you out. They’re big birds and it is no wonder they are at the top of their food chain when you see their claws.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’m surprised the props don’t hurt the bird. Really neat idea although I’m not sure how practical it is with larger drones.

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Eagles stand about 2 feet and will have a 6 foot wingspan. If you are very close to one ever, when they open their wings it will freak you out. They’re big birds and it is no wonder they are at the top of their food chain when you see their claws.

I have seen crows with 4′ wing span in Japan.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have seen crows with 4′ wing span in Japan.

A 4′ wing span on a crow is a big one. Never knew there was any that big.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The current concern is actually the bird might get hurt by the propeller blades, don’t think they have a working solution yet.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just saw it on the news. It’s the dutch police force using the birds to take out the drones.

Dirty

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’m surprised the props don’t hurt the bird. Really neat idea although I’m not sure how practical it is with larger drones.

Not a hundred percent how they do it, perhaps they have armor on the talons.

Doobie

The stem of their legs are very tough to withstand whatever prey they have clutched from trying to bite or scratch them to be let go. I don’t think those blades would be much different.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That would be great , flying your little drone and a bird takes it out!! Then you can’t get back till you go to the police.LOL

Dirty

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Not yet, they are working on that though, maybe some sort of open end kevlar glove for the talons?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That would be great , flying your little drone and a bird takes it out!! Then you can’t get back till you go to the police.LOL

It’ll probably get destroyed by the bird and you’ll end up getting debris back lol

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Here are the new proposals for regulating drones in Canada..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/transport-canada-drone-regulations-1.3810123

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

“Meanwhile, the proposed regulations could mean a lot less red tape for those using drones for commercial use, such as making real estate videos or inspecting construction sites. Instead of having to reapply at least every year for a certificate to fly drones commercially, it could get a lot easier.

“You go through the process once and then you’ll have a licence just like having an automobile licence,” said Mark Aruja, chairman of the Board for Unmanned Systems Canada, a group that co-chaired the working group to help develop the regulations. ”

So for inspecting sites it’s becoming easier…

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

“Meanwhile, the proposed regulations could mean a lot less red tape for those using drones for commercial use, such as making real estate videos or inspecting construction sites. Instead of having to reapply at least every year for a certificate to fly drones commercially, it could get a lot easier.

“You go through the process once and then you’ll have a licence just like having an automobile licence,” said Mark Aruja, chairman of the Board for Unmanned Systems Canada, a group that co-chaired the working group to help develop the regulations. ”

So for inspecting sites it’s becoming easier…

Like so many other things, it’s the unskilled/untrained that cause a lot of the problems. These new regs will go a long way to reduce that.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Thats not bad, have to look in to it once i pick up a drone, would be good for gopro type videos.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 269 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.893 seconds