dcsimg

Drone Safety Blitz in Canada

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 269 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I don’t think glass panes are spec’ed for 170lb battering ram lol.

What is a 170lb. battering ram??? Do you have any idea how hard it is to break tempered glass??

It’s only as strong as it’s attached to the frame.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What is a 170lb. battering ram??? Do you have any idea how hard it is to break tempered glass??

WHat????? I have hit tempered glass with no frame very hard with a hammer and it didn’t break. In fact i hit about 30 of them. I’m sure any new frame is rated for hurricane force winds.. What is your point, I’m lost????

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

The Drone defender… Interesting idea and technology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaC5QAtBlrI

Using a SAM would be so much more fun though! 😉

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

WHat????? I have hit tempered glass with no frame very hard with a hammer and it didn’t break. In fact i hit about 30 of them. I’m sure any new frame is rated for hurricane force winds.. What is your point, I’m lost????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Garry_Hoy

actually it was the frame that gave way and the poor guy fell to his death.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We were talking about drones hitting the glass then it turned into 170 lb. battering ram. This was my question “What is a 170lb. battering ram???”

Dirty

Wow, I haven’t got a clue why he would want to test it that way, and he studied engineering? Senseless way for go, poor guy.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wow, I haven’t got a clue why he would want to test it that way, and he studied engineering? Senseless way for go, poor guy.

I find the building codes in Canada are not near what they are here or in Cali. That guy was a loon for bouncing off the glass like that. He needed to be tied off.

Dirty

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

We were talking about drones hitting the glass then it turned into 170 lb. battering ram. This was my question “What is a 170lb. battering ram???”

It’s about kinetic energy.
    A 15 pound drone that hits the glass with a xxxxx velocity could have the same effect as a 170lb. battering ram that hits the same glass with only xx velocity.
    I don’t know if this answers your question.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

No, we were talking about the idiot who ran at the glass to show how strong it is, which separated from the frame and he fell to his death. It was previously mentioned before my first post and again in the link you just quoted.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No, we were talking about the idiot who ran at the glass to show how strong it is, which separated from the frame and he fell to his death. It was previously mentioned before my first post and again in the link you just quoted.

No that idiot had not come into play when I posted the post below from page 9. We have a lot of big glass covered buildings over here and I know the glass is rated for hurricanes.

Dirty

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It will be interesting to see the drone wars of the future.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

Who knows where this will keep going in that regard. I’m already amazed at where it has gone so far.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

well the drone racing league just started i think this week or last week

this is what I am talking about.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

No that idiot had not come into play when I posted the post below from page 9. We have a lot of big glass covered buildings over here and I know the glass is rated for hurricanes.

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh I see???? It might help if you learned how to quote the post you are posting about…

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

well the drone racing league just started i think this week or last week

That looks like fun.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

That would be a lot of fun I think as well…@r-ice is there anything like this in Durham region?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That would be a lot of fun I think as well…@r-ice is there anything like this in Durham region?

No, and even if there was i couldn’t justify racing 2000 dollars in to a wall or something.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

No, and even if there was i couldn’t justify racing 2000 dollars in to a wall or something.

@r-ice,
    I thought that one of these was on your want list? K putting her foot down? LOL

I’d want to see you race it.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@r-ice,
    I thought that one of these was on your want list? K putting her foot down? LOL

I’d want to see you race it.

I really don’t see racing the things getting that big. The racing of RC cars and trucks or even planes never got that big.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 269 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.947 seconds