dcsimg

Drone Safety Blitz in Canada

This topic contains 268 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 269 total)
  • Author

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

While many operators wait lengthy periods for their certificate many operators will fly without them.

Ottawa mentions it’s guidelines to drones
    -flying aircraft with a takeoff weight of more than 35 kilograms need a special certificate
    -Commercial reasons needs a certificate
    -such as keeping at least eight kilometres away from airports
    -not hovering above 90 metres

here’s the article
    http://infotel.ca/newsitem/drones-guidelines/cp30368817

A Working Pro since 2004

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

I checked into a commercial drone.

The regs are nuts stupid. I can agree with some, but to jump thru the hoops so you can check your cattle in a rural area is silly.

ProTom
    Pro
    Cadillac, MI

I thought it was more like a model airplane, or glider that you fly remote control. No license for those and they can fall out of the sky too.

Maybe it keeps the bad guys off the control of drones . For stealing and maybe drop a bomb on public .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous

Lets institute some more regulations to prevent terror. that way we can build all kinds of new equipment for the taxpayers to buy. I think I’m more terrified of the people running our country than I am of the terrorists.
    I can see a lot of practical uses for drones. they can inspect all kinds of things that are difficult to reach.

Anonymous

Lets institute some more regulations to prevent terror. that way we can build all kinds of new equipment for the taxpayers to buy. I think I’m more terrified of the people running our country than I am of the terrorists.
    I can see a lot of practical uses for drones. they can inspect all kinds of things that are difficult to reach.

I agree with this sentiment. Way too much regulation on EVERYTHING! Either to make a tax dollar or to “stop the terrorists”

lol!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have a huge problem with them over here inspecting hot chicks out on their privet decks sun bathing in the buff and inside their homes when they think they can be free to move around the way they want to in privet.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I can see a lot of good uses for drojes, but also some bad ones. I can also see people getting hurt by them falling out of the sky as well. I can definitely see where the government needs to regulate their use.

Kevin.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thought it could be a good use for checking out bad brick and sealants on buildings without have to rig them with a stage to go up and check.

A Working Pro since 2004

Jummul
    Pro

Roof inspection in general might really benefit from these. Old houses can be very dangerous for a quick climb.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

You gotta take the good with the bad and unfortunately the bad is going to outweigh the good. So the bad apples will ruin it for the rest.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I can see a lot of good uses for drojes, but also some bad ones. I can also see people getting hurt by them falling out of the sky as well. I can definitely see where the government needs to regulate their use.

Isnt it already illegal to own one for personal use ?

Sparky603
    Pro
    Rural, NH

I see nothing but abuse ahead – from the government, from big business and from individuals.

3rd gen. master electrician / electrical contractor. Professional tradesman since 1987. An outright legend in my own mind!

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Quite possibly, I don’t know. I hope it is.

Think about what perverts and pedofiles can do with these things.

How safe is your kid walking home from school with some sicko tracking him and snatching him off the streets when he can scan from a distance up above there is no one nearby that would see or stop him.

Or how about the latest stalker tool to go after your daughter or wife.

Lots of good uses….but lots of bad uses also.

Kevin.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

My brother in law has a small drone. His girlfriend bought it for him for Christmas. While it’s a very small version, apparently it can support a camera. It’s my understanding that a simple accessory purchase and install would give his a camera and the ability to stream video to a wireless device.

As it stands, his drone is really nothing more than an RC helicopter…no video makes it less intrusive, and much more of a toy, IMO.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We have a huge problem with them over here inspecting hot chicks out on their privet decks sun bathing in the buff and inside their homes when they think they can be free to move around the way they want to in privet.

You know not making light of the situation but there are always people thinking. I never would of thought of that. This will be a problem in the future.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Ahh the stuff you guys are pointing out is crazy, I didn’t even think of the multitudes of possibilities. So many good and so many bad. How do you draw the line? Heck it would be used by a criminal to be their lookouts in relative safety.

Do we stop it? Will that hinder future tech advances?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No not here in Hawaii.

Do we stop it?

You shoot it down with a paintball gun!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Not here either but you are supposed to register them and get them licensed and be insured.

My BIL just got one for their production company. It can fly a preplanned route, returns to a GPS co-ordinate on it’s own and takes 1080P digital video the whole time. And they are EASY to fly. After his first day with it his wife is doing profession looking fly overs and slow mow shots for movies with it.

It’s cool and creepy. I see the odd one flying in the city. It’s def changes the game on privacy.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 269 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.508 seconds