dcsimg

Drill Torque Settings

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author

i also use the drill torque settings for pocket holes, i find if i don’t the screws poke out on the other side causing a line of sharp tips.

I think screw length is tour problem here…can’t just use the same screws for every application.

I agree. Are you using the washer pan head type screws that you are supposed to so they are less prone to over driving/sinking the screw? You really need to use those. Otherwise when you over sink them, you are also compromising the strength of the joint because you are crushing and deforming the pocket hole itself, often to the point where it can start to split the wood surrounding the hole from the inside where you can’t always discern it.

no i bought the kit that comes with tons of different sizes. i match the screw to the size of the wood i am using them on and when i sink them in, it just pops out on the other side.

Do you have a picture. Cant see how it is going through if screws are the right size, unless the settings are to high and pushing them through

Only time I had an issue like that is when my setting was wrong for drilling the hole. The instructions are your friend. It is pretty easy to set up. I usually don’t pocket screw anything under 3/4″.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Only time I had an issue like that is when my setting was wrong for drilling the hole. The instructions are your friend. It is pretty easy to set up. I usually don’t pocket screw anything under 3/4″.

Are you saying that collar can be moved???

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

We are gonna be building some pvc window casings soon. I am gonna have to get reacquainted with my Kreg pretty quick.

Lol…yeah if you ignore that setting overdiving the screws out the other side is gonna happen. I have drilled to deep before when switching bits. I have a couple and grabbed one that was setup for a different thickness than I was working with.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Not sure how many times I used my Kreg since I got a Domino. Maybe a couple of times at best. The Domino has turned into a favorite tool for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.339 seconds