dcsimg

Drill press

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

The first one is a Callander Foundry – Beaver 3700 – with mortising attachment. This thing is built like a tank.

That is beauty there Geordie! Nice body/head shape.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Steve that Beaver Model has an interesting design. Very jet age.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I have a couple of old classics………one done and one to be restored.

The first one is a Callander Foundry – Beaver 3700 – with mortising attachment. This thing is built like a tank.

The second one is a Delta DP220, which came with the slow speed pulley attachment ( a rare find these days). It works fine as is but I am going to strip it down, check and replace, if needed, any bearings, and polish and paint it up so that it looks as good as new again.

I got lucky with the condition of the tables on both of these….no ring of shame on either.

Cheers,

@geordie99
    Steve,
    I love the look of the Beaver Drill Press. I have thread going with old tools in it. Search for Vintage and it will show up. Post up in there

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

It’s got a ‘young’ Darth Vader look to it. Very Cool!

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

I have an old Chicago Electric (read Harbor Freight) small bench top drill press. I think it is a 6″ 3-speed model. Works pretty good for drilling mild steel up to 1/4″ thick.

BryanT

Do you know the year you got the drill press?

Cheers gents………..it certainly is a nice Beaver 😉

I got it a few months ago from a fella who, in his words, runs a “Beaver Lodge”. Restoring those old Beaver machines has become a passion for him. His shop is full of old Callander foundry stuff – pre-rockwell – and some of it is amazing.

As far as I know, this is a pre- 1953 model, as Rockwell took over then. That photo was taken just before he loaded it up to deliver it to me.

I can’t take the credit for the restoration. That was all his work. I just reaped the rewards.

Nice. I see you have your dog guarding your “Beaver”.

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

Nice to see some antique drill presses in perfect cosmetic and working condition. Great job!

BryanT

ACtually, the dog belongs to the guy that I bought it from. He’s a beauty though (the dog, not the owner)

The Beaver was restored when I got it, but the Delta is one that I’m going to do.

Nice. I see you have your dog guarding your “Beaver”.

Nice. 1953?. Wow amazing restoration. Always a pleasure to see old tools

Thanks @manuelalbertodelfado

Very happy with the Beaver and I’m equally excited about restoring the DP220. They are a nice drill press also and this one should clean up really nicely.

Will post pics once its all done.

Cheers,

Nice. 1953?. Wow amazing restoration. Always a pleasure to see old tools

Great. Have fun. Cant wait to see pic.

stevem
    Pro
    Sarnia, ON

this is too funny, i was googling mortising attachment for a beaver drill press, and this link appeared.

im the one who rebuilt that old beaver and sold it to geordie.

and guarding from any others is my shop pal Lucan, 6 yr old husky

i have another, same drill, except bench top type. not really true benchtop though, its over 4 feet tall

geordie is right, my woodworking shop is full of old iron. other beaver stuff but others too including a 1915 bandsaw

Attachments:
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

this is too funny, i was googling mortising attachment for a beaver drill press, and this link appeared.

im the one who rebuilt that old beaver and sold it to geordie.

and guarding from any others is my shop pal Lucan, 6 yr old husky

i have another, same drill, except bench top type. not really true benchtop though, its over 4 feet tall

geordie is right, my woodworking shop is full of old iron. other beaver stuff but others too including a 1915 bandsaw

Funny how stuff like that goes around. Welcome to BTP, Steve, glad you found us here. Love to see you post some shop pics for us to drool over.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Stevem nice collection of old tools in the shop. Really like the old drill press.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@stevem,
    Nice drill press.
    Welcome to BTP.

We have a thread going to showcase Vintage, Antique tools. Be nice to see some of yours in there.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/tools-vintage-collectible-antique-built-to-last/

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I have a Grizzly floor model. I got it a couple years ago, along with a Delta Jointer. So far, I have used the jointer twice, and the drill press once.

stevem
    Pro
    Sarnia, ON

@stevem,
    Nice drill press.
    Welcome to BTP.

We have a thread going to showcase Vintage, Antique tools. Be nice to see some of yours in there.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/tools-vintage-collectible-antique-built-to-last/

i will post some pics. i was going to ask where would be appropriate!!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I found this guy’s channel when I was rebuilding my jointer. I like his approach to machine rebuilding very much. Very clear, precise explanations. This drill press restoration is turning out really nicely.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.569 seconds