dcsimg

Drill Press Tables

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author

The main problem I have had with buying one is the base is not replaceable. It seems I always drill into whatever the table is, and I can’t drop that money on something I end up drilling holes all over relatively quickly. So far I have only just clamped some scrap pieces of plywood or MDF down to use as a makeshift table.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

The main problem I have had with buying one is the base is not replaceable. It seems I always drill into whatever the table is, and I can’t drop that money on something I end up drilling holes all over relatively quickly. So far I have only just clamped some scrap pieces of plywood or MDF down to use as a makeshift table.

That’s what the sacrificial inserts do.
    You just drill a fairly large hole where it’s going to go. Then, route out a ridge around some arbitrarily sized square you select the depth of your inserts – I use scrap hardboard.
    Cut a bunch of inserts at the same time so you always have one. I’ve some for large holes, some for small and a few so I can bury a sanding a drum.

woodman_412

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have had this table for almost a year now and it is still working good for me. The indexing pins in the mount really work nice. One issue I do have is with long stock. Because may table is not clamped down in any way longer stock does make it rock. But that is a good reminder to me to go get one of my stands and work safe not fast. The table is 30″x18″. That is a good size for me. I added a smaller fence. It is just a piece of 3/4″ oak with a couple of “t” bolts to ride in the tracks. I seem to use this fence more often that the big one. I use another small piece as a stop. See pix. Another addition is the Drill press cabinet I added. It make a great place to store all of bits and accessories.

That’s a really great looking setup. I like the use of space under the drill press with the cart. A drill press table is a project that I’ve been meaning to get done for a few years now and just never seem to get to.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You just drill a fairly large hole where it’s going to go. Then, route out a ridge around some arbitrarily sized square you select the depth of your inserts – I use scrap hardboard.

Nice set-up there toolshead.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

alstonalvin
    Pro
    Mountain View, CA

Woodpeckers newest Drill Press Table features easier to use fence clamping knobs and zero side play flip stops. And as usual the heavy duty clamping T-Tracks and low-friction micro-dot laminate.
    Two double wide T-Tracks are embedded and bolted in place from underneath. This fastening approach virtually eliminates the possibility of pull out. Each T-Track is then permanently laser engraved with an easy to read, high contrast scale clearly indicating fence position. Once calibrated to your drill press, no further calibration is needed.
    Complete Woodpeckers Drill Press Table Package 1
    $134.99
    WPDPPACK1
    Made in U.S.A.
    Includes 36″ Fence, (2) FlipStops, (2) Hold Down Clamps. (1) Filler.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Woodpeckers newest Drill Press Table features easier to use fence clamping knobs and zero side play flip stops. And as usual the heavy duty clamping T-Tracks and low-friction micro-dot laminate.
    Two double wide T-Tracks are embedded and bolted in place from underneath. This fastening approach virtually eliminates the possibility of pull out. Each T-Track is then permanently laser engraved with an easy to read, high contrast scale clearly indicating fence position. Once calibrated to your drill press, no further calibration is needed.
    Complete Woodpeckers Drill Press Table Package 1
    $134.99
    WPDPPACK1
    Made in U.S.A.
    Includes 36″ Fence, (2) FlipStops, (2) Hold Down Clamps. (1) Filler.

I am kind of confused by this post. Is this a drill press table that you have? Seems like just a post to promote the Woodpecker table, and a copy from their listing? If you are trying to promote their product, then you should be aware that is not allowed here.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have visited this site

Visited it??? it’s your site!!!

@ChadM

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.546 seconds