dcsimg

Dremel products

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Well i have giving Dremel a closer look, My fiance is wanting to start a doll house to hand down in the future. I am considering making an attempt at making the furniture. A test of my skills for sure

The Dremel 8220 is nice maybe you might check it out if you want cordless. There are a lot of options. I previously had a 7.2 volt one but I’d stay away from that since it still uses NiCad batteries.

I have a Milwaukee M12 and it gets regular use. Hope Jim will be able to get Dremel on the list.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I do have a corded dremel rotary, Am looking at the drill press “workstation and router table

I do have a corded dremel rotary, Am looking at the drill press “workstation and router table

I had thought about getting the drill press workstation, but one Brad worked hard to convince me to upgrade to a Foredom, I decided against it. I think there are some pretty decent DIY options for a drill press workstation that you could consider doing instead. Same with the router table

John S

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Ya i picked up a PC laminate trimmer not long ago for $40 Model 7310 maybe? The old model. I plan on building a small router table for it. For doing small pieces and possibly that doll firniture

Ya i picked up a PC laminate trimmer not long ago for $40 Model 7310 maybe? The old model. I plan on building a small router table for it. For doing small pieces and possibly that doll firniture

I saw some hobby sized stuff at Woodcraft. Cannot remember the name of the company but the tools were small but price was large. Looked pretty solid though. If I were seriously into small scale stuff I might consider those.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Dremel Message Board is a place for your questions to be answered by other Dremel enthusiast. Share your experience & suggestions with other users on the best way to use Dremel products. You may find something that interests you!

Link: http://messageboard.dremel.com/Default.aspx

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Dremel Message Board is a place for your questions to be answered by other Dremel enthusiast. Share your experience & suggestions with other users on the best way to use Dremel products. You may find something that interests you!

@DremelPro Thanks Peggy, Jim also posted a the same link a few posts ago. I checked out the forum. Doesn’t seem like much activity there. I think the post dating is incorrect since it says a lot of the posts are from nine years ago. I’ll look into the threads more later when I have more time.

Thanks for the post @dremelpro – will definitely look and see what people have come up with for some ideas there!

John S

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I used to have a dremel saw max. I loved that thing until someone stole it from me.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Jim posted about CES2015 and the new 3D Printer idea that Dremel released at the show. Pretty interesting stuff, it’s called the Dremel 3D Idea Builder and looks awesome!
    http://bethepro.com/bosch-ces-2015day-three-tool-innovation/

I could go for one of these in my home!

“With the most innovative technology right in your home, you can unlock the creativity within your whole family. Easy to use straight out of the box, you’re ready to start building anything you need, anything you want, or anything the world has been waiting for”.

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Jim posted about CES2015 and the new 3D Printer idea that Dremel released at the show. Pretty interesting stuff, it’s called the Dremel 3D Idea Builder and looks awesome!

I have been looking at that. I have been happy with all of the Dremel products I have. I know this one will meet the needs of the hobbiest. Just need to gather some more info.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is definitely getting closer to the point where a 3D printer will be more justifiable for far more families to consider owning one.

Great commercial as well. Shows an impressive array of fun ideas for using it.

John S

The 3D printers are nice but I want to invest in a small CNC machine first. But if the prices come down then maybe I’ll get one to goof around with.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but I want to invest in a small CNC machine first

Don’t we all LOL. 🙂 Best thing I have seen is the Smitty Metal Working System (lathe, mill, etc all in one with a CNC option) but the footprint is too big for the space I have available. 3D printing looks like an option.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Don’t we all LOL. :-) Best thing I have seen is the Smitty Metal Working System (lathe, mill, etc all in one with a CNC option) but the footprint is too big for the space I have available. 3D printing looks like an option.

I know I saw you mention the Smitty in another post. Looked at this video just now.

Is that what you want to get? It’s a really nice machine! I know nothing about machining and CNC machining. I’ve drawn up stuff in 3D CADD but am rusty since I haven’t done it for almost 20 years.

Do you have any suggestions on CNC and machining sites?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

This is definitely getting closer to the point where a 3D printer will be more justifiable for far more families to consider owning one.

Soon you’ll just be buying L-Boxx plastic spools and making your own lol

A Working Pro since 2004

Soon you’ll just be buying L-Boxx plastic spools and making your own lol

Bosch blue plastic. HAHAHA! Wonder how long it would take to print a L-Boxx? Probably days!

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

There was an article i read where most people who owned a 3D printer made nothing but objects that already existed. One has the ability to make anything they want and they make a copy of something they can just buy.

There was an article i read where most people who owned a 3D printer made nothing but objects that already existed. One has the ability to make anything they want and they make a copy of something they can just buy.

I would probably just copy things which existed until I got bored then I’d print things I can use. I saw a video where a guy printed a nice screwdriver holder.

I wish I was more creative.

I was really intrigued when I first heard about the versatip – I imagine it is not for pros who need to use a micro torch often, but it sounds like it does a variety of things decently well

http://www.protoolreviews.com/trades/electrical-trades/dremel-versatip-butane-torch-review/13157/

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.327 seconds