dcsimg

Dremel products

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

do you own one? two? which ones? Lets hear how you use them the most.

Would you like to see a Dremel forum? How about some dremel tools and accessories on the points list?

I have a dremel 400XPR I use it most for model building and jewelry making with the flex shaft. With the unlimited uses these tools have lets hear what you use them on.

do you own one? two? which ones? Lets hear how you use them the most.

Would you like to see a Dremel forum? How about some dremel tools and accessories on the points list?

I have a dremel 400XPR I use it most for model building and jewelry making with the flex shaft. With the unlimited uses these tools have lets hear what you use them on.

I don’t own a Dremel branded rotary tool. I have a old Sears which is made by Dremel (Model 395, Type 3) and a Milwaukee M12 Rotary Tool. I don’t use the corded one anymore since I got my first cordless, a Dremel 7700. I used that one a lot and had six batteries for it. Because it used NiCad batteries the performance of the batteries weren’t up to the newer Lithium Ion batteries so I sold it and got the Milwaukee. Only got the Milwaukee since it uses the same tool battery as the rest of the M12 stuff I own.

Initially I used the 7700 more than my corded more for convenience but now the power of the Milwaukee equals the corded.

I use mine a lot and would love to see a Dremel forum.

One thing I really wish would happen and would make me consider buying a Dremel again. I found online that the Bosch and Dremel batteries are internally the same. I even posted it here. The only difference is the end cap. I would love to see Dremel modify the design so it uses the Bosch style endcap. That way I can have the Bosch 12v tools and use the same battery for the Dremel and not have doubles of everything.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I found online that the Bosch and Dremel batteries are internally the same. I even posted it here. The only difference is the end cap. I would love to see Dremel modify the design so it uses the Bosch style endcap. That way I can have the Bosch 12v tools and use the same battery for the Dremel and not have doubles of everything.

now that i would like to see as well, same battery just branded differently

I have a Dremel tool (corded) and use it very rarely for some fine grinding be it metal or plastic. It is nice to have handy when you need it but is seldom used in my shop. I agree with Eric that a uniform battery connection would be nice. Dremel makes other tools so they would not lose their identity if both the Dremel and Bosch battery were the same.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s effectively what you currently have. Exactly how different is the connector plate?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

So I just founded this vide on YouTube. It shows how to swap the base cap between the Bosch and Dremel batteries.

No modifications required…only needs a slotted screwdriver.

It seems extremely easy to per enamels modify the batteries by removing some plastic from these baseplates. Maybe someone will give it a try!.

Jon P.
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have 3 Dremel tools. I have a cordless Dremel Tool like the 8100 but a bit older. and the Dremel Stylus and other cordless tool. Then I have the Saw Max. I buy all the attachments, blades and such on Black Friday for very low prices. Their tools work and I like them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

That’s the video I mentioned in this post.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/dremel-12v-battery-info/

I had a thread closed because the Management does not condone modifying tools or things related to tools. That is why I didn’t post the video and only mentioned it was

I like to mod stuff and I’m sure a lot of you can do this mod but eventually if you are swapping out end plates it won’t work as well.

I wouldn’t mind getting the Dremel 8220 since it has a electric brake and the EZ twist nose cap.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I had a thread closed because the Management does not condone modifying tools or things related to tools. That is why I didn’t post the video and only mentioned it was

I like to mod stuff and I’m sure a lot of you can do this mod but eventually if you are swapping out end plates it won’t work as well.

I wouldn’t mind getting the Dremel 8220 since it has a electric brake and the EZ twist nose cap.

I don’t think there is an issue with modifying tools in general, only when it makes them more dangerous. In this case it’s just swapping a plastic piece for a slightly different one. Locking a circular saw guard back with a nail is another story.

Jon P.
    Instagram

I have a Dremel . The speed is good . The bits seem to burn out fast . I manly use it for cutting strike latches or door locks and such .

The cuttting wheels also break easy . Sometimes it takes 4 wheels to cut off a small bolt / lock etc .

Always willing to learn .

Interesting video….of course this wouldn’t be an issue if the Naina 12v Bosch rotarty tool would just get released here.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Interesting video….of course this wouldn’t be an issue if the Naina 12v Bosch rotarty tool would just get released here.

True.

I have an older Dremel rotary tool that I have only ever used for engraving. I also have a Dremel OMT; I’ve had it for about 5 years – it’s a tough little tool!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I like the Dremel over the Bosch tool. The Bosch is like my Milwaukee and doesn’t have a brake. I really like the brake on the Dremel. It’s the battery thing which is why I went with the Milwaukee.

Now if I start getting some Bosch 12V stuff at least I can use the battery charger and swap endcaps if needed.

Wonder if we can ask for Dremel stuff on the list. They have the Skil Ixo on the list now.

@bethepro
    , is this a possibility?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I have the trio and the multi max. Had a rotory tool with a shaft and burnt it up.

Good tools for light/medium duty work so far.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

The only time I had a Dremel die on me was with a Dremel 6000 contour sander. Thing just stopped working within days of purchasing it. Exchanged it and the replacement is working fine. I’m disappointed with Dremel on that one though since it uses proprietary sanding drums and when Dremel stopped making the tool they stopped making the sanding drums.

I was reading about the Fein OMT on this board and found out it uses a similar contour sanding system but they have a clamp to hold a flexible piece of sandpaper. Gotta see if that would work on my 6000. That would be good since the sandpaper wears out pretty quickly.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

I like the Dremel over the Bosch tool. The Bosch is like my Milwaukee and doesn’t have a brake. I really like the brake on the Dremel. It’s the battery thing which is why I went with the Milwaukee.

Now if I start getting some Bosch 12V stuff at least I can use the battery charger and swap endcaps if needed.

Wonder if we can ask for Dremel stuff on the list. They have the Skil Ixo on the list now.

@bethepro, is this a possibility?

Thanks for the question @Maukarunner – I am checking with the powers that be over at Dremel about adding a few key items to the list of tools for points redemptions.

In the meantime, maybe you were not aware of it, but Dremel has its own user group/discussion board online.

http://messageboard.dremel.com/Default.aspx

Very useful if you are a “maker” and want to get information on their tools, projects and everything else Dremel.

Cheers,

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

@bethepro, is this a possibility?

Thanks for the question @Maukarunner – I am checking with the powers that be over at Dremel about adding a few key items to the list of tools for points redemptions.

In the meantime, maybe you were not aware of it, but Dremel has its own user group/discussion board online.

http://messageboard.dremel.com/Default.aspx

Very useful if you are a “maker” and want to get information on their tools, projects and everything else Dremel.

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks Jim for trying to get Dremel on the list and for the link to the Dremel forum.

I don’t think there is an issue with modifying tools in general, only when it makes them more dangerous. In this case it’s just swapping a plastic piece for a slightly different one. Locking a circular saw guard back with a nail is another story.

Correct.

I still own my Dremel 4000 (as in, not totally persuaded to upgrade yet) and it has been fine for cutting a few random things so far.

John S

I agree with some innovative tooling, but it does not last that long for more heavy-duty applications – but then again, this probably was not designed for more heavy-duty stuff. Some times rotary tools are the right tool for the job and sometimes not.

Orange County, CA

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Well i have giving Dremel a closer look, My fiance is wanting to start a doll house to hand down in the future. I am considering making an attempt at making the furniture. A test of my skills for sure

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.522 seconds