dcsimg

Dremel 3D printer

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • Author

I am quite surprised – and it sounds like it actually may be pretty good quality for the money. The cost of these are starting to be less cost-prohibitive… 3D printers very well may become a “staple” item before we know it!

http://toolguyd.com/dremel-3d-printer/

John S

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

Can’t wait until those prices come down.

Bert

redwood
    Pro

As interesting as 3D printers are, I’m not ready to drop $1000 on one.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

1k? No thank you. Might be worth it to some people

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I can’t wait for affordable home 3D printers. Might see an influx of people making it onto Dragon’s Den with new ideas.

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just read about this over on the ToolGuyd’s site. Good read if you follow John’s link. Price is $999 for a self contained unit and they are accepting orders over at amazon. Gentlemen the 3D printing revolution has started. This unit may not be the final answer but in a few years these things will be everywhere, probably in your house too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

No thanks. Just to much money for what it is or can do for me.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Hmm, interesting play for dremel. Looks like a good machine, but I still don’t get why everyone on the market is still using the PLA plastic, it’s only good for trinkets in my opinion. When I looked at the L-BOXX clips that I had printed the PLA ones were really brittle and weak compared to the ABS ones we ended up using.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmm, interesting play for dremel. Looks like a good machine, but I still don’t get why everyone on the market is still using the PLA plastic, it’s only good for trinkets in my opinion. When I looked at the L-BOXX clips that I had printed the PLA ones were really brittle and weak compared to the ABS ones we ended up using.

Great point and info on the type of plastic, I wouldn’t have had any idea about that.

So since it’s Dremel doesn’t that mean it’s actually owned by Bosch? Maybe we could get them on the rewards list 🙂

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Saw this the other day…

So since it’s Dremel doesn’t that mean it’s actually owned by Bosch? Maybe we could get them on the rewards list

haha I guess that is a possibility. I’d rather see a Dremel 4000 kit become available, but I guess it would be a fun addition 🙂

I think within 5 years these 3D printers will be closer to $200-300 and far more of a commonly purchased item.

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I love the idea of being able to create an object out of thin air. I am looking forward to the day that they make an extremely hard resin that you could use in a tool. Imagine being able to craft any tool you need for a specific job right in your shop. The possibilities are endless.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Saw this the other day…

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/daioWlkH7ZI?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allowfullscreen=”” height=”433″ width=”770″ frameborder=”0″></iframe></figure>

I saw that on the news over here, very interesting.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I love the idea of being able to create an object out of thin air. I am looking forward to the day that they make an extremely hard resin that you could use in a tool. Imagine being able to craft any tool you need for a specific job right in your shop. The possibilities are endless.

I’m with you, I see this as being huge. They have already come way down in price in the last two years. The price will only keep on dropping. They will be as common as the printer hooked to your computer soon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I am sure much more to come from various manufacturers. Can’t wait!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I do hope that in my lifetime there will be a progression to make these work with something even more durable than the ABS plastic – I would love to think some day you could get a machine that would spit out pieces made of aluminium.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I would love to think some day you could get a machine that would spit out pieces made of aluminium.

They already have them, they are called CNC Machines.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

They already have them, they are called CNC Machines.

Sorry – I meant in the affordable price bracket like where the 3d printers are starting at. Show me a aluminum CNC for under $500 that is easy to use like these and I’ll line up to buy it.

Stuart managed to get a better glimpse of the Dremel 3D printer at the Maker’s Fair – http://toolguyd.com/dremel-nyc-maker-faire/

he was generally impressed it sounds like (for the price of the machine)

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice write-up on the printer. Thank you John.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.616 seconds