dcsimg

DP Shop Talk Videos

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author

Another thorough, well crafted video, Dan. With the added run time and 5 LED power monitor, the Core seems to be a winner. The charger that comes with the Core starter kit has a charge time of 55 min according to the specs. About the same as the older unit. I kind of thought it would be faster.

As with most of them though, you can get the first part of the charge in much less time – something like half the charge in a quarter of the charge time. So, if time is of the essence, don’t wait to fully top off, you do better rotating sooner. Lithium batteries don’t have the memory issue anyways

Doobie

Here’s the episode! Hope you guys enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.

Good review. Initially when saw I saw the video length indicated I was wondering how you could talk about a battery for so long, but it went by pretty fast. Watcha gonna do with that leftover swiss cheese’d 6X6 now?

woodman_412

Thanks guys!

Here’s the episode! Hope you guys enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.

Good review. Initially when saw I saw the video length indicated I was wondering how you could talk about a battery for so long, but it went by pretty fast. Watcha gonna do with that leftover swiss cheese’d 6X6 now?

Thanks Kevin. Yeah I wasn’t really planning on it being 14 min long but once I started putting together all the info that I wanted to include it added up. The script that I wrote for the video was 5 pages long so I knew it wasn’t going to be a short video. I try and keep things moving along as quick as possible so that the video doesn’t drag and get boring. The 6×6 actually belongs to my neighbor and he had it kicking around without any use for it so he gave it to me for the testing. It’s still usable for a spacer but not really anything structural lol.

Dan

danpattison.com

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

that was a good video

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

eah I wasn’t really planning on it being 14 min long but once I started putting together all the info that I wanted to include it added up.

Dan it did not seem like a 14 min video. There are some 7 min videos that seem like an hour but your video went fast. It was interesting and held my attention.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

eah I wasn’t really planning on it being 14 min long but once I started putting together all the info that I wanted to include it added up.

Dan it did not seem like a 14 min video. There are some 7 min videos that seem like an hour but your video went fast. It was interesting and held my attention.

Good flow, good pacing. It was the length it needed to be.

@woodman_412 great video and comparison between the battery packs,
    I actually just finished watching it again for the second time.

woodman_412

Thanks guys. Glad to hear that you found the video flowed well and didn’t drag. It’s always challenging to try and strike the balance between including enough info and making it too long. I try and keep things moving along as much as possible and in my recent videos I try to either have my two camera angle setup going or have a good amount of B roll footage incorporated so that you’re not just looking at one thing for too long.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

Watcha gonna do with that leftover swiss cheese’d 6X6 now?

The 6×6 actually belongs to my neighbor and he had it kicking around without any use for it so he gave it to me for the testing. It’s still usable for a spacer but not really anything structural lol.

Actually something crossed my mind that it may be useful for with all those holes. Do you get earwigs in big numbers where you are? The log could be used as an earwig trap. Lemme explain….

A trick I learned to kill big numbers of earwigs without the use of chemicals is to cut up short lengths of an old garden hose and nail the hose lengths perpendicular to a short length of a piece of wood. Earwigs are nocturnal, and they will try to hide in crevices during the day. You lay the hose side against the ground and in the morning you pick the hole thing and tap the contraption over a bucket of water where the earwigs will fall into and drown. It works like a charm.

But instead here, you could just lay the 6X6 on its side with the holes facing out on its vertical side. In the morning, flip the log one quarter turn so the holes are now facing up and fill the holes with garden hose water to drown the earwigs. Betcha it works. Earwigs are especially notorious in eating flowers. Just park the log near a flower bed for best results.

woodman_412

Actually something crossed my mind that it may be useful for with all those holes. Do you get earwigs in big numbers where you are? The log could be used as an earwig trap. Lemme explain….

That’s a good idea Kevin. We don’t usually have too many earwigs around here but if we get over run with them I’ll know exactly how to get rid of them now. Thanks for the tip.

I just released an update video to let everyone know about the changes to the episode schedule for the summer as well as give a quick tour of my new work van. With so much work going on this summer I won’t have time to keep up with the regular two week video schedule over the summer. As with most of us the summer tends to be the busiest season for work so as they say, make hay while the sun shines! I’m hoping to still get some videos out over the summer but not as often or on any kind of schedule. The review on the Bosch Starlock OMT will be the next episode that I’ll be doing and I’ll be putting that to work on site even more over the next few weeks to include more real world usage in my review. Hope you guys enjoy the update and van tour!

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

Hope you guys enjoy the update and van tour!

Thanks for the update Dan!

We don’t usually have too many earwigs around here but if we get over run with them I’ll know exactly how to get rid of them now. Thanks for the tip.

Typically ypu’ll know when you see either one or both of the following….the start showing up in the house, and/or, flowers in the garden are being eaten away.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just released an update video

Another great video Dan. These are really turning out well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I just released an update video to let everyone know about the changes to the episode schedule for the summer as well as give a quick tour of my new work van.

Thanks for the update on the van, Dan. Good to see you are busy.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

As always, thanks Dan

woodman_412

Thanks guys! I’m heading back to site tomorrow to finish up the unit that I was working on the week before last and then I have another 6 kitchens to do along with trim work and some units with new flooring to do as well. I have a couple other custom projects that are in the planning phase too so there’s lots on the go. I want to try and take some time this summer to enjoy with my wife and the girls too, maybe a few day trips. Just aren’t enough hours in the day to keep up with the regular video schedule too.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

then I have another 6 kitchens to do along with trim work and some units with new flooring to do as well

Dan you sound busy which is good. 6 more kitchens plus some more custom projects. Sounds like a busy summer.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks guys! I’m heading back to site tomorrow to finish up the unit that I was working on the week before last and then I have another 6 kitchens to do along with trim work and some units with new flooring to do as well. I have a couple other custom projects that are in the planning phase too so there’s lots on the go. I want to try and take some time this summer to enjoy with my wife and the girls too, maybe a few day trips. Just aren’t enough hours in the day to keep up with the regular video schedule too.

Sounds like you have earned a bit of time off. Hopefully you close the custom jobs, and if you arent there already, that you get in a position to mostly just do the jobs you want to do.

woodman_412

Sounds like you have earned a bit of time off. Hopefully you close the custom jobs, and if you arent there already, that you get in a position to mostly just do the jobs you want to do.

I have actually turned down a couple jobs lately that weren’t really the type of work that I typically do so I have been fortunate enough to do that with all the work I have on the go. It’s definitely nice when things are busy enough that you can stick with the type of work you like.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

I have actually turned down a couple jobs lately that weren’t really the type of work that I typically do so I have been fortunate enough to do that with all the work I have on the go. It’s definitely nice when things are busy enough that you can stick with the type of work you like.

That’s almost always a good idea in my books. Don’t try to be everything to everybody. It’s fraught with perils doing so.

woodman_412

With the summer being so busy I haven’t had a chance to produce any new DP Shop Talk episodes but I wanted to let you guys know that the channel just passed 20K subscribers this morning! A big thanks to all you guys that have encouraged me and supported the channel from the beginning. I’m really starting to miss producing episodes so I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get some new ones rolled out this fall. I’ve been going full tilt on a whole series of apartment renovations this summer and I’ve had to turn down jobs lately. I’m very thankful to have all this work on the go though! I’ll need to try and schedule in a bit of time to get some new episodes made at some point before too long.

Dan

danpattison.com

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,005 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.126 seconds