dcsimg

DP Shop Talk Videos

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author

woodman_412 wrote:
    Here’s the latest episode of DP Shop Talk

Always look forward to your vids Dan – and they are getting better with each one.

Doobie

Another great video Dan! I may that jig one day myself.

Good one Dan. Pretty inventive.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

woodman_412

Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys! This episode has done pretty well for views so far and seems to be a popular topic.

The next episode coming out will be my full review on the CORE18V battery. I’m hoping to get that out on the regular schedule in two weeks time but I’ll have to see how my times goes with the renos that I’m working on right now so I can’t make any promises. After that will be my full review of the GOP18V-28 OMT so there will be lots of Bosch content coming up 😀

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The next episode coming out will be my full review on the CORE18V battery.

Now that will be a pretty popular video. Really looking forward to that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Here’s the latest episode of DP Shop Talk! I think some of you guys have seen my cabinet brace jig before in different threads here but in this episode I show how to make and use one

Nice simple jig, Dan. Another great video. ThanX

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

woodman_412 wrote:
    Here’s the latest episode of DP Shop Talk! I think some of you guys have seen my cabinet brace jig before in different threads here but in this episode I show how to make and use one

I actually just half-copied your brace last night, since I am putting in cabinets in my laundry room in a week or two. I used dowels instead of pocket screws, and inserted the vertical pieces into dados cut into the horizontal members. This way, I hope to avoid needing the triangular supports.

Love the idea, and its an easy 20 minute jig made of scraps (my favourite kind)

Dan I could of used that jig on my last cabinet install . That really helps working by yourself on projects like this . I had no help for that kitchen install .

Always willing to learn .

woodman_412

Nice simple jig, Dan. Another great video. ThanX

Thanks Frank.

I actually just half-copied your brace last night, since I am putting in cabinets in my laundry room in a week or two. I used dowels instead of pocket screws, and inserted the vertical pieces into dados cut into the horizontal members. This way, I hope to avoid needing the triangular supports.

Love the idea, and its an easy 20 minute jig made of scraps (my favourite kind)

You might find that you still need the triangular braces Eric but try it and see. It’s not so much about the strength of the joint but reducing lean and deflection in the jig when you have the weight of the cabinet on top. Depending on how you’re using it you might be able to get away without the triangles though.

Dan I could of used that jig on my last cabinet install . That really helps working by yourself on projects like this . I had no help for that kitchen install .

I find this jig is essential for installing cabinets myself. Back in the day before we had kids sometimes my wife would come along with me to give me an extra set of hands when I was doing an install. Once we had our first daughter that was the end of that so I came up with this jig then so that I could install solo.

Dan

danpattison.com

I just need to build one like that or buy the cabinet jack stand they sell . I guess I’m being lazy Dan lol . But we are not getting any young with our body’s to lift and attach units by ourself .

Always willing to learn .

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

Hey Dan @woodman_412

Simplicity and objectivity…that´s why I like your videos.
    Looking forward seeing the Core18V comparison with the IDH182

Thanks

@smallerstick i wonder if it would be any better if @kswiss could 3d print them, you would have a smooth plastic and it would be reprintable to the correct size all the time.

If someone bothers to do a CAD drawing of it, let me know because I’d use the CNC router to try some wood ones out of various scrap, the last few I made out of poplar have worked fine, but fitting the screw holes was tedious.

Will

woodman_412

Hey Dan woodman_412

Thanks

Thanks Ben. The full video review of the CORE18V is going to be released this Saturday morning so stay tuned for that!

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The full video review of the CORE18V is going to be released this Saturday morning so stay tuned for that!

Thanks for update Dan, looking forward to it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

The full video review of the CORE18V is going to be released this Saturday morning so stay tuned for that!

He’s teasing us!

We will be watching

He’s teasing us!

We will be watching

Can’t wait, better watching his videos on my laptop than on my smartphone lol
    Great Saturday watch.
    Looking forward to seeing the video

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

Hey Dan woodman_412

Thanks

Thanks Ben. The full video review of the CORE18V is going to be released this Saturday morning so stay tuned for that!

Hey Dan, tomorrow morning…sounds good
    Thanks

woodman_412

Here’s the episode! Hope you guys enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.

Dan

danpattison.com

Here’s the episode! Hope you guys enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/4vmWvLy0SLE?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Another great video Dan!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Another thorough, well crafted video, Dan. With the added run time and 5 LED power monitor, the Core seems to be a winner. The charger that comes with the Core starter kit has a charge time of 55 min according to the specs. About the same as the older unit. I kind of thought it would be faster.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,005 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.369 seconds