dcsimg

DP Shop Talk Videos

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

Thanks guys!

Remeber us little people when this really takes off. There is a visible improvement from one video to the next, and you were already at a very professional level – youre now approaching studio quality

Thanks Eric. I’ve been making a lot of little tweaks lately like adding sound blankets hung around the shop to absorb sound to reduce echo and reverb for the best audio quality. I’ve added in more lighting over time and the new editing software gives me a lot more control and creative options. Add all those little things together and it makes a big improvement to the overall production quality.

its too bad you aren’t in toronto, if you have over 10k subscribers you can use the studio that youtube has opened up in Toronto.

That’s cool that they have that set up now. I’ve looked at it before but it wouldn’t really be all that beneficial to me since my videos pretty much need to be shot in my shop.

Another great review, Dan. I’m another who has not heard of the Tacklife brand.

Question about your Amazon affiliate links, do they have to be .com ? can they also be .ca links?

Thanks Frank. I did have both .com and .ca set up but Amazon.ca closed down my account since nobody had bought anything through it. All my sales have been in the US through Amazon.com and that account has been doing well. You can do a setup like what Eric posted the link for but it requires that you have an account set up with Amazon in each country and the service that links them all usually takes a cut of your commissions. I’m going to look into adding other online tool retailers to my affiliate list to give other options besides Amazon too.

Dan, the videos are looking great with the 2 camera angles and congrats on hitting a million views.

Do you have any way of finding out where Ms. Tinker Town got the Felder style overarm blade guard?

Thanks John. If you leave a question about the blade guard in the comments on the Viewer Projects page I’ll see if I can get her to answer your question about it.

https://www.danpattison.com/blog/viewerprojects

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve been making a lot of little tweaks lately like adding sound blankets hung around the shop to absorb sound to reduce echo and reverb for the best audio quality. I’ve added in more lighting over time and the new editing software gives me a lot more control and creative options.

Wow Dan a lot of little improvements and it really shows. The videos are really nice from a production standpoint. Great job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Thanks Frank. I did have both .com and .ca set up but Amazon.ca closed down my account since nobody had bought anything through it. All my sales have been in the US through Amazon.com and that account has been doing well. You can do a setup like what Eric posted the link for but it requires that you have an account set up with Amazon in each country and the service that links them all usually takes a cut of your commissions. I’m going to look into adding other online tool retailers to my affiliate list to give other options besides Amazon too.

Dan,
    It would be nice if us Canadians had the option to purchase through a Canadian link.
    Keep up the great work.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@woodman_412 wow, you really are making lots of mods for shooting your videos,
    It’s definitely getting better each time you update,
    Hopefully one day we will see something saying
    A Dan Patterson production
    🙂
    Seriously keep up the great work and super videos.

I think I will be doing 3 of our kitchen cabinets with the pull outs, my boss (wife) loved the idea
    I’m looking for something for those dreaded corner cabinets, not really the lazy Suzanne either ?

@woodman_412 wow, you really are making lots of mods for shooting your videos,
    🙂

I think I will be doing 3 of our kitchen cabinets with the pull outs, my boss (wife) loved the idea
    I’m looking for something for those dreaded corner cabinets, not really the lazy Suzanne either ?

I like the pullouts, like the Rev-a-shelf. Id choose that for us, but the door opening is a half inch smaller than the stated minimum. I need to try to build something similar one day.

Hi Dan has the new YouTube add thing effect your page yet . With the add companys pulling there funding for pages .

Always willing to learn .

woodman_412

Wow Dan a lot of little improvements and it really shows. The videos are really nice from a production standpoint. Great job.

Thanks Bill.

Dan,
    It would be nice if us Canadians had the option to purchase through a Canadian link.
    Keep up the great work.

I’d like to have the Canadian link available but the Canadians just aren’t buying anything. If you guys are looking for something on Amazon and would use my link let me know and I’ll get it set up again. If I reopen my amazon.ca account and there are no purchases made they will just close it down again within a certain number of days.

woodman_412 wow, you really are making lots of mods for shooting your videos,
    🙂

Thanks Brian. Have you looked at the blind corner units from Lee Valley? I used this one last summer on a job and it worked really well.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p=43657&cat=3,43722,43723

Hi Dan has the new YouTube add thing effect your page yet . With the add companys pulling there funding for pages .

I haven’t seen any effects on my channel yet William. Views have been a little slower lately but the ad revenue hasn’t seemed to be any different than normal.

Dan

danpattison.com

@woodman_412 Dan that’s very similar what I would want, but I have the corner that has the doors on both sides that folds out,
    I will check their site out when I have two minutes,
    And will post a picture of what I have, and I’m sure you already know what sort of doors I’m talking about.
    That’s a great idea though.
    Thanks Dan

Thanks Bill.

Dan,
    Keep up the great work.

I’d like to have the Canadian link available but the Canadians just aren’t buying anything. If you guys are looking for something on Amazon and would use my link let me know and I’ll get it set up again. If I reopen my amazon.ca account and there are no purchases made they will just close it down again within a certain number of days.

woodman_412 wow, you really are making lots of mods for shooting your videos,
    🙂

Thanks Brian. Have you looked at the blind corner units from Lee Valley? I used this one last summer on a job and it worked really well.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p=43657&cat=3,43722,43723

I haven’t seen any effects on my channel yet William. Views have been a little slower lately but the ad revenue hasn’t seemed to be any different than normal.

Dan, is there a way you can check that LV unit? I have a 15 inch door, but the opening is only 13-3/8. Since there is a shelf in there that I would need to break to remove, I cant afford to be wrong. Any way you can tell if it fits? Officially says needs 14 inch door width, but dont know if thats the opening or the door itself

I asked cause i seen a bunch of channels I watch say it has affected them . There switching content to patron were people donnate money to the channel to keep it alive .

Always willing to learn .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@woodman_412 at that point you go to prove how portable your workspace is and move it in each time you make a shot with whatever studio set up they have. I am pretty sure your set up is good, but maybe they may have a 50k camera for you to use.

woodman_412

Dan that’s very similar what I would want, but I have the corner that has the doors on both sides that folds out,
    I will check their site out when I have two minutes,
    And will post a picture of what I have, and I’m sure you already know what sort of doors I’m talking about.
    That’s a great idea though.
    Thanks Dan

Oh ok. Yeah post up a pic when you get a chance.

Dan, is there a way you can check that LV unit? I have a 15 inch door, but the opening is only 13-3/8. Since there is a shelf in there that I would need to break to remove, I cant afford to be wrong. Any way you can tell if it fits? Officially says needs 14 inch door width, but dont know if thats the opening or the door itself

I’m not sure off the top of my head Eric but the kitchen was for my cousin so if I happen to be at her place I could check to see what the minimum measurement that you could squeak out would be.

I asked cause i seen a bunch of channels I watch say it has affected them . There switching content to patron were people donnate money to the channel to keep it alive .

I’ll have to keep an eye on my ad revenue and see if I notice anything. I may try some fan funding at some point when things grow a little more.

at that point you go to prove how portable your workspace is and move it in each time you make a shot with whatever studio set up they have. I am pretty sure your set up is good, but maybe they may have a 50k camera for you to use.

If they had one in Halifax it would definitely be worth checking out and trying some shoots.

Dan

danpattison.com

woodman_412

Here is the latest episode of DP Shop Talk! In this episode I show how to make the baseboard step down detail that I had posted on Instagram a couple months ago. The post was hugely popular on Instagram so I thought I would make a step by step how-to. Hope you guys find it helpful, let me know if you have any questions.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is the latest episode of DP Shop Talk!

Thank you for sharing the link to the latest video Dan. Enjoyed it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Dan, Great instructional on making the baseboard step down.
    I’ll have to file that one on for future use, if the need ever arises.
    ThanX

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Dan, Great instructional on making the baseboard step down.
    I’ll have to file that one on for future use, if the need ever arises.
    ThanX

Same here! Bookmarked. That’s a great instructional

woodman_412

Here’s the latest episode of DP Shop Talk! I think some of you guys have seen my cabinet brace jig before in different threads here but in this episode I show how to make and use one. I use this jig on every cabinet install to let me easily hang upper cabinets by myself. Hope you guys find it helpful, let me know if you have any questions. Oh, and if you ever wondered what I would look like with 4 arms…you’ll find out in this episode…

Dan

danpattison.com

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Very simple jig to make, Dan, and it works really well. Very good explanation of both the build and use.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here’s the latest episode of DP Shop Talk

Great video Dan, Thank you for posting. That jig you made is nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@woodman_412 nice and easily to make, great explanation verbally and visually.

Also a pleasure watching your videos Dan. Very informative

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,005 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.446 seconds