dcsimg

DP Shop Talk Videos

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author

I hate that when people leave a ton of snow on their roof and it’s blowing off in front of you when you’re driving.

You can get a fine for that in my state

Here too

I always run the brush under the bars. Only takes a second. Doesnt have to be perfect to not be blowing snow everywhere

Whats fun is moving my cars around so that the right car can get out. My driveway is single width, so gotta shuffle them around. More than once, Ive moved an igloo of a car by half standing out the open door since nothing was cleared. No time to clear a car that is just being backed out and then out back in, especially if it gets to go inside the garage to thaw (they say it rusts the car to do that, but my pristine old cars bef to differ)

Doobie

Another great video Dan! 👍

woodman_412

Thanks Kevin! There was so much more dust collection info in my head that I wanted to share but didn’t in the interest of time. If you make a video too long then a lot of people don’t watch it and 15 min is stretching it as it is.

Dan

danpattison.com

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Another great video Dan!

It was a good video. Thanks Dan.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Thanks Kevin! There was so much more dust collection info in my head that I wanted to share but didn’t in the interest of time. If you make a video too long then a lot of people don’t watch it and 15 min is stretching it as it is.

I agree. I was noting myself that it was already 15 mins long, but with dust collection, one could go on for hours on that subject. You don’t want to lose your audience.

woodman_412

Another great video Dan!

It was a good video. Thanks Dan.

Thanks Ron.

I agree. I was noting myself that it was already 15 mins long, but with dust collection, one could go on for hours on that subject. You don’t want to lose your audience.

Exactly. I’ve found from experience that some of my longer videos are some of my less viewed ones. I know that when I’m looking for videos to watch on YouTube I generally go for shorter ones unless it’s something that I’m super interested in. There will be lots more videos coming out on tool specific dust collection setups so I wanted this video to be a good overview of my setup.

Dan

danpattison.com

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Agree that a few short segments on dust collection merged in with other tool setups works better than one long one. Another great video.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If you make a video too long then a lot of people don’t watch it and 15 min is stretching it as it is.

Yeah shorter videos are just easier to watch. Really enjoy your videos Dan.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

To end off 2016 I just released a DP Shop Talk blooper reel! Hope you guys get some laughs from it. I’d also like to thank you guys for all your feedback and support in 2016 and helping make it a great first year for DP Shop Talk! I’ll be back with new episodes starting January 7th with the first one being the full review of the GRS-16 track saw guide rail square. Thanks again guys!

Dan

danpattison.com

To end off 2016 I just released a DP Shop Talk blooper reel! Hope you guys get some laughs from it. I’d also like to thank you guys for all your feedback and support in 2016 and helping make it a great first year for DP Shop Talk! I’ll be back with new episodes starting January 7th with the first one being the full review of the GRS-16 track saw guide rail square. Thanks again guys!

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/KQHvlZZ0-64?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Dan at the end of the video it is super funny the dance . Congrats on one year .

Always willing to learn .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

A good way to end the year, Dan.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

@woodman_412 Lmao, oh Dan, that was great, good to see you goofing it up a little,
    Thank you for a good job on all your videos. Good stuff.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

To end off 2016 I just released a DP Shop Talk blooper reel!

Here all this time I thought all your videos were blooper reels.

JK Dan

woodman_412

Thanks guys, glad you got some laughs 🙂 I figured the blooper reel would give people a better sense of the goofy side of me which doesn’t come out that often in the regular videos. Anybody that knows me well sees that side of me much more often. Happy New Year to everyone and their families!

Dan

danpattison.com

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Dan,
    ThanX for the laugh and can’t wait to see what you produce for next years set of videos.
    All the best to you and your family in the new year.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

woodman_412

Dan,
    ThanX for the laugh and can’t wait to see what you produce for next years set of videos.
    All the best to you and your family in the new year.

Thanks Frank, same to you and yours.

I just added a recent submission to the Viewer Projects page the other day from a viewer in Australia. He built his own version of the table saw overarm dust collector and had some great ideas of his own. If you’re interested you can check it out here.

https://www.danpattison.com/blog/viewerprojects

Dan

danpattison.com

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A good year for you Dan. Hoping that 2017 is even better and we get even more videos. Thanks for sharing the knowledge with us.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

woodman_412

A good year for you Dan. Hoping that 2017 is even better and we get even more videos. Thanks for sharing the knowledge with us.

Thanks Jim!

Here is this week’s DP Shop Talk episode, a full review of the GRS-16 track saw guide rail square. I put both models of the GRS-16 to work in my shop over the past couple months and was very impressed with them. See them in action and get all of my thoughts on them in this week’s episode. Hope you guys find it helpful.

You can also read my full review article on my website.

https://www.danpattison.com/blog/2017/1/7/grs-16-track-saw-guide-rail-square-review

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

That’s a great review Dan. You pretty well answered everything I could think about using them.

I did go to their website and plunked both models in my cart. Along with $30 shipping to Canada, ordring would cost $350 USD and who knows whether I would get dinged further in brokerage fees when it arrives at the door.

Think I’ll wait on these til I see somebody like LV or Atlas carry them. Might end up cheaper. Besides, I’m not sure how often I’d really be using them nor whether I need both models. I’m gonna pass on these tools for now.

woodman_412

That’s a great review Dan. You pretty well answered everything I could think about using them.

I did go to their website and plunked both models in my cart. Along with $30 shipping to Canada, ordring would cost $350 USD and who knows whether I would get dinged further in brokerage fees when it arrives at the door.

Think I’ll wait on these til I see somebody like LV or Atlas carry them. Might end up cheaper. Besides, I’m not sure how often I’d really be using them nor whether I need both models. I’m gonna pass on these tools for now.

Thanks Kevin. If I was going to buy I would just go with one since the pair does get pretty pricey. Personally I would probably go with the PE model since I do cut countertop with my track saw. Obviously having both is the best scenario but I also didn’t have to pay for them so if I was buying I would just go with the one.

Dan

danpattison.com

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 1,005 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.422 seconds