dcsimg

DP Shop Talk Videos

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Great video Dan, I’m embarrassed to say, at home I used a black marker :(
    But at work I used the engraving tool.
    And recently bought one for home, so will be going through all my tools, doing as you suggested, thanks for another good video.

One thing to do as well is add your own personal unique serial number on each machine so if in fact it gets stolen and you make a police report they will be able to add that to the report.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

That is sheer genius! Like most great ideas, it is so logical and simple it would be often overlooked.

Great video Dan! Thanks!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

And recently bought one for home, so will be going through all my tools, doing as you suggested, thanks for another good video.

One thing to do as well is add your own personal unique serial number on each machine so if in fact it gets stolen and you make a police report they will be able to add that to the report.

Haha, really, if it gets stolen, it’s gone for good I believe, I’m not talking machines, it’s basically just tools,

Sorry Dan,

Doobie

Here is this weeks video release! “Engraving Your Tools with Professional Results” shows you how to mark your tools in a way that is professional looking and consistent from tool to tool. Let me know what you guys think.

I see an improvement in your flow and comfort level since the first one. You’re doing great. One tip, and I know it’s hard to do, lose the tongue clicking in between sentences. Denotes nervousness, and people dismiss speakers or put less value in what they say if they think the speaker/presenter is nervous.

Your audience don’t even realize they do this on a subconscious level, they just pick up the nervous cue and score it against the value of the material presented. I know this stuff somewhat, I took courses on presentation skills and consumer behaviour decades ago but never pursued it professionally.

My nervous tic when I speak is “uums” or saying “ya know”. Norm Abrahms had one. He said “OK” a lot at the start of sentences. He has never gotten rid of it, but he didn’t have to either. It became part of his style/charm and he was able to build up credibility otherwise with his audience.

FWIW Dan. Like I said, you are doing great, I’m just trying to help uou fine tune it in an area I know far more on than in making videos themselves.

Btw, I think after maybe close to since I’ve ever known they existed, you may have finally given me a reason to get a Dremel. Good idea using the label as a template guide.

woodman_412

That is sheer genius! Like most great ideas, it is so logical and simple it would be often overlooked.

Great video Dan! Thanks!

Thanks Jim!

I see an improvement in your flow and comfort level since the first one. You’re doing great. One tip, and I know it’s hard to do, lose the tongue clicking in between sentences. Denotes nervousness, and people dismiss speakers or put less value in what they say if they think the speaker/presenter is nervous.

Thanks very much for the feedback and tips Kevin, I really do appreciate it. After I did my first video I noticed the tongue clicking and I’ve been trying to get rid of it. My dad does the same thing so I think it come by it honestly. I don’t even think about it or notice it when I’m making the videos. I think the one I shot yesterday on my shelf pin jig has a lot less of it. The other thing I noticed myself saying and I think it’s getting to be less as well is “now”. It seems to be my transition word and I’ve been trying to work on that as well. Everything definitely gets easier and flows more natural the more videos you make. Keep the comments and feedback coming though, it’s definitely a big help to me and if you point things out you certainly won’t offend me.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

Keep the comments and feedback coming though, it’s definitely a big help to me and if you point things out you certainly won’t offend me.

Will do. Glad you understand it that way. Some people can really get their backs up when they’re suggested that kind of stuff. You’re better than most Dan!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Haha, really, if it gets stolen, it’s gone for good I believe, I’m not talking machines, it’s basically just tools,

Sorry Dan,

no they do find and return stuff and it maybe more than a few months but it does happen. A buddy of mine had his bike stolen but had his serial number reported. I think it was close to a year later it was recovered and they called him and returned the bike.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is this weeks video release! “Engraving Your Tools with Professional Results”

Great video Dan. Thank you for posting. Subscribed to your channel.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

Sorry Dan,

no they do find and return stuff and it maybe more than a few months but it does happen. A buddy of mine had his bike stolen but had his serial number reported. I think it was close to a year later it was recovered and they called him and returned the bike.

Engraving your tools certainly doesn’t guarantee getting them back by any means but it sure does help if the tools are found like you said. Having them engraved makes it harder for a thief to try and quickly sell them off too. I’ve always figured that for the little bit of time that it takes it’s well worth it for the benefits.

Here is this weeks video release! “Engraving Your Tools with Professional Results”

Great video Dan. Thank you for posting. Subscribed to your channel.

Thanks Bill!

Dan

danpattison.com

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Here is this weeks video release! “Engraving Your Tools with Professional Results” shows you how to mark your tools in a way that is professional looking and consistent from tool to tool. Let me know what you guys think.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZgYaJRaLPbY?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Really good tip, Dan. It’s something I have struggled with without success for a while now. You know, start to engrave and run out of space, or go crooked, that kind of thing.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

woodman_412

Really good tip, Dan. It’s something I have struggled with without success for a while now. You know, start to engrave and run out of space, or go crooked, that kind of thing.

That’s what I always found too Peter and why I looked for a better way to do it. If I’m going to permanently mark my tools I want it to look good.

So far this video has had the most views in the first 24 hours after being released so it must be something that people are interested in. I was thinking today that I might do a video on how to re-sharpen OMT blades to make them last longer and save money. Does that sound like something you guys would be interested in?

Dan

danpattison.com

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That’s what I always found too Peter and why I looked for a better way to do it. If I’m going to permanently mark my tools I want it to look good.

So far this video has had the most views in the first 24 hours after being released so it must be something that people are interested in. I was thinking today that I might do a video on how to re-sharpen OMT blades to make them last longer and save money. Does that sound like something you guys would be interested in?

Sounds like a good idea, Dan. I think mixing the longer videos with some shorter ones with quick tips is helping to keep your audience interested.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Sounds like a good idea, Dan. I think mixing the longer videos with some shorter ones with quick tips is helping to keep your audience interested.

Good idea Peter, and I’m sure Dan will have many people and members following his channel and videos, so far I think they are great.

woodman_412

Good idea Peter, and I’m sure Dan will have many people and members following his channel and videos, so far I think they are great.

Thanks Brian! I’m going to get set up on Twitter and Instagram as well to see if they help spread the videos. There is certainly no shortage of topics to do videos on.

Dan

danpattison.com

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Dan,
    You must be doing something right, to get the views.

The video on OMT Blade sharpening would be great. If it helps people prolong the use of their consumables, it should be another hit.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was thinking today that I might do a video on how to re-sharpen OMT blades to make them last longer and save money. Does that sound like something you guys would be interested in?

That sounds like a great topic Dan. I’d be interested.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

For any of you guys that are on Twitter you can now follow @DPShopTalk. I’m new to Twitter so if you have any tips or suggestions on what I’m doing on there I’d love to hear them.

https://twitter.com/DPShopTalk

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’d like to see 2 maybe 3 of you tables setup and hooked together and maybe a L shape to show how a crew of trim guys could use it as a work space.

woodman_412

I’d like to see 2 maybe 3 of you tables setup and hooked together and maybe a L shape to show how a crew of trim guys could use it as a work space.

That would be cool. It would require me to build a couple more of them though. At some point I might try a video shot onsite rather than in the shop for some different topics. The nice thing about being in the shop though is it is a lot easier to control for lighting, sound etc.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

At some point I might try a video shot onsite rather than in the shop for some different topics

Sounds like a good idea Dan. Worksite videos would be interesting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,005 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.535 seconds