dcsimg

DP Shop Talk Videos

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Something I found out today about cleaning blades with alcohol hand sanitizer, just as a bit of a follow up.

You don’t really need gloves to do it, after all it is hand sanitizer. But if you have a small cut on the tip of your finger, say where you got a sliver or something….well, let us just say there was some strong language content involved with my discovery.

LOL I can just imagine.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Congrats Dan on 1000 subscribers. Looking forward to this weeks video as usual.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Congrats on hitting 1000 Dan!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

woodman_412

Something I found out today about cleaning blades with alcohol hand sanitizer, just as a bit of a follow up.

You don’t really need gloves to do it, after all it is hand sanitizer. But if you have a small cut on the tip of your finger, say where you got a sliver or something….well, let us just say there was some strong language content involved with my discovery.

lol that’s a good tip Jim. I can relate to that. I remember when we were in the IWK with our daughter last year and using hand sanitizer all the time in the hospital you really notice any small cuts.

I’ll go modify my signature now and include the link. Good idea.

This I don’t know, is there not away to have your signature link to the DP Channel as a hyperlink?

I’ve seen people hyperlink things here before in their posts, but have never been able to figure out how they do it.

I’m not sure Kevin. I was hoping it would just show up as a hyperlink but it didn’t. If anyone knows how to do that I would love to know the secret.

Dan, I just watched your Shop Talk Intro video on your DP Channel you have. Man, is that ever good!

You really set a stage for somebody to continue wanting to look at more action. VERY nicely done! Hats off to you Dan!

Thanks Kevin! I really appreciate the feedback and comments.

Congrats Dan on 1000 subscribers. Looking forward to this weeks video as usual.

Congrats on hitting 1000 Dan!

Thanks guys!

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

I’m not sure Kevin. I was hoping it would just show up as a hyperlink but it didn’t. If anyone knows how to do that I would love to know the secret.

Jim actually did one today in this post, but even if I quote it to see what kind of gobbledigook code its using, I have no clue how he does that.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/which-bosch-laser-levels-are-outside-compatible/#post-512724

woodman_412

Here is this week’s DP Shop Talk episode! I show how to make and use a custom scribe base for your jigsaw. I had posted about this base last year on BTP after I made it so some of you may remember seeing it. I find it really helpful for getting consistent back bevels on my scribe cuts quickly and easily. Hope you guys find it helpful!

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

thats pretty nice, and you have some surgical hands that was the steadiest i’ve seen someone jigsaw anything.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Very slick little rig, Dan. Gives a good, solid base to the jiggy.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

woodman_412

thats pretty nice, and you have some surgical hands that was the steadiest i’ve seen someone jigsaw anything.

Thanks r-ice. I definitely find that cutting from below gives a better and steadier cut. Like I mentioned in the video having a larger footprint on the base helps with stability too.

Very slick little rig, Dan. Gives a good, solid base to the jiggy.

Thanks Frank.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is this week’s DP Shop Talk episode! I show how to make and use a custom scribe base for your jigsaw.

Great video Dan. Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks for posting Dan, I’ve enjoyed watching all of your videos.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Here is this week’s DP Shop Talk episode! I show how to make and use a custom scribe base for your jigsaw. I had posted about this base last year on BTP after I made it so some of you may remember seeing it. I find it really helpful for getting consistent back bevels on my scribe cuts quickly and easily. Hope you guys find it helpful!

Dan,
    Another great video. ThanX for posting.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@woodman_412 another great video Dan, great tips, I would like to see a video about your little scribing jig to.

woodman_412

Thanks guys, glad to hear that you’re enjoying the videos. I’ve had a good number of requests for a video on the scribe tool so I’ll be adding that to the list.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

How bout a shop safety video Dan?

Lots of people are derelict with this. And I don’t mean push sticks, googles and hearing protection necessarily. More along the lines of having a fire extinguisher (and the right type(s) for a shop setting); eye wash provisions/station; first aid kit that can be opened with one hand; wall mounted phone with pre-dial button for 911; fire alarm; emergency lights that come on in the event of a power failure.

Lemme know if you need some tips if you proceed with this. There’s some good tips on this discussed in the past on another forum I know.

woodman_412

How bout a shop safety video Dan?

Lots of people are derelict with this. And I don’t mean push sticks, googles and hearing protection necessarily. More along the lines of having a fire extinguisher (and the right type(s) for a shop setting); eye wash provisions/station; first aid kit that can be opened with one hand; wall mounted phone with pre-dial button for 911; fire alarm; emergency lights that come on in the event of a power failure.

Lemme know if you need some tips if you proceed with this. There’s some good tips on this discussed in the past on another forum I know.

That’s a good idea Kevin. I actually have a video coming out in the next couple of weeks about personal safety equipment in the shop and what I’ve found has worked well for me and why. A general shop safety video is a great idea though. My list of requested topics is definitely growing, I don’t have any shortage of content to shoot.

Dan

danpattison.com

woodman_412

So on the topic of safety here is this week’s video release! I quickly go over my favorite safety gear that I’ve found to be the most comfortable and practical and why. Hope you guys find it helpful!

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

Great video Dan! I agree about prescription safety glasses. Hated wearing a doubled glass otherwise til I went that route with having a single set about ten years ago. Wouldn’t want it any other way now.

Surprised you didn’t introduce a safety shield also for when warranted. There’s some tasks that I just don’t trust not covering my whole face otherwise.

woodman_412

Great video Dan! I agree about prescription safety glasses. Hated wearing a doubled glass otherwise til I went that route with having a single set about ten years ago. Wouldn’t want it any other way now.

Surprised you didn’t introduce a safety shield also for when warranted. There’s some tasks that I just don’t trust not covering my whole face otherwise.

Thanks Kevin. I used to wear a face shield when I used my lathe but I haven’t used my lathe in years and it’s very seldom that I do something that requires a face shield now so I didn’t even think of including that. That’s a good piece of equipment to have though.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

sweet, i used to use the same blue one from leevalleys, now i switched to a heavier duty one that @utopia78 introduced me to.

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 1,005 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.505 seconds