dcsimg

DP Shop Talk Videos

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Great videos Dan. You are getting comfortable in front of the lens! I’ve got another bandsaw coming next month and I will reference your vid again when I set it up.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve got another bandsaw coming next month

Brad what kind of bandsaw are you getting?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

On the topic of frames, when I did the tear down I took the joint apart in the frame and scraped all the paint off on the mating surfaces like John White shows. It was amazing the difference that makes in how solid the joint in the frame is and overall vibration.

Thanks for that, Dan, it’s something I would not have considered. Hard to imagine why those surfaces would be painted in the first place.

Yeah it doesn’t make sense to have machined surfaces painted since it only makes it less accurate. I think I used a razor blade to scrape it down and then took a file to it to make sure there were no high spots.

Great videos Dan. You are getting comfortable in front of the lens! I’ve got another bandsaw coming next month and I will reference your vid again when I set it up.

Thanks Brad. It definitely gets easier the more videos you do and you can be more yourself since you feel more comfortable in front of the camera. What kind of bandsaw are you getting?

Dan

danpattison.com

very nice job on the video Dan , looking forward to your next one ,

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Just wondering are you going to be doing a youtube video every week sort of like a show like the youtube woodworkers?

Doobie

I like how you started that video with you hanging your head sideways Dan. Fun stuff! Keep em’ coming!

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am thinking of buying a new movie cam so I can start filming some of the easier houses that I build .All I have to do is learn how to edit them .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks like we will be getting a lot of these DP videos.. Very nicly done!!

woodman_412

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all of the comments and feedback.

Just wondering are you going to be doing a youtube video every week sort of like a show like the youtube woodworkers?

Yeah my plan is to release a new video every week on Saturday. I’m trying to get ahead with the videos so that I have a few waiting to be released so that if I get a super busy week and don’t get a chance to do one I can still release a new one. This week will be a video on engraving your tools with a professional look.

I like how you started that video with you hanging your head sideways Dan. Fun stuff! Keep em’ coming!

I thought I would throw something in there to mix it up a bit. I don’t want to be super serious in all the videos, it’s nice to mix a little fun in once in awhile.

I am thinking of buying a new movie cam so I can start filming some of the easier houses that I build .All I have to do is learn how to edit them .

Editing is pretty easy with the basic programs John. If you have a PC Windows Movie Maker will let you do the basics and is pretty easy to figure out.

If you guys want to stay up to date with what’s coming for videos and any special news you can like and follow the DP Shop Talk Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/dpshoptalk

I might venture into Twitter and Instagram as well but at the moment everything is on Facebook.

Dan

danpattison.com

Keep up the great work Dan! Do you have a Bosch power planer? I would enjoy seeing a video on that tool.

woodman_412

Keep up the great work Dan! Do you have a Bosch power planer? I would enjoy seeing a video on that tool.

Unfortunately I don’t have a Bosch power planer Lon but I would like to have one. If Bosch wants to send me one I’d be happy to do a review 🙂 I’ve been hoping for awhile now that one would get added to the prize list.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve been hoping for awhile now that one would get added to the prize list.

I’m like you Dan wondering why the power planer never made the list. Maybe I’ll look at just the bare tool now that I have a bunch of batteries.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Unfortunately I don’t have a Bosch power planer Lon but I would like to have one. If Bosch wants to send me one I’d be happy to do a review :) I’ve been hoping for awhile now that one would get added to the prize list.

I can send you out my ni-cad planner lol, if they do put up the newer planner on the list, I will definitely like to pick it has. It has served me very well, I love having the ability to trim down doors, and what ever else need be, great tool.

woodman_412

I’ve been hoping for awhile now that one would get added to the prize list.

I’m like you Dan wondering why the power planer never made the list. Maybe I’ll look at just the bare tool now that I have a bunch of batteries.

I’ve seen a power planer used to trim countertops to a scribe line and it works pretty slick. I’ve always wanted to get one to use for that as well as general purpose tasks. If I get one at some point I can definitely do a review.

Dan

danpattison.com

redwood
    Pro

Are you guys speaking of a small handheld portable planer? I’ve had at least a couple for many years and on the job I found them indispensable. Not so much in the shop.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Are you guys speaking of a small handheld portable planer?

I am. I found the bare tool on amazon so I put it in my cart. I may check CPO to see if they have a reconditioned bare tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

Here is this weeks video release! “Engraving Your Tools with Professional Results” shows you how to mark your tools in a way that is professional looking and consistent from tool to tool. Let me know what you guys think.

Dan

danpattison.com

Great tip for sure with the engraving . Can turn real bad fast if you think someone stole your tool . Once again your shop is super clean thumbs up to you .

Always willing to learn .

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

“Engraving Your Tools with Professional Results”

Great tip Dan. I have an engraver somewhere in my garage, not a Dremel but I’m sure it would do the same.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Great video Dan, I’m embarrassed to say, at home I used a black marker 🙁
    But at work I used the engraving tool.
    And recently bought one for home, so will be going through all my tools, doing as you suggested, thanks for another good video.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,005 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.370 seconds