dcsimg

DP Shop Talk Videos – V2

This topic contains 242 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  woodman_412 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 243 total)
  • Author

woodman_412

You can also read my BTP review on the BTP main page or my full length review article on my website

That’s where I went to read what you had to say about it Dan, I did not watch your video yet though.

Great review, probably the most exhaustive I’ve seen you do. I did not know the Euro model was offered brushless, and while no biggee for me, it mystifies me why they wouldn’t release it brushless here. Maybe they felt the price point at which they would have to sell it at in NA would have been too high here?

Thanks Kevin. I was really hoping that we would see the brushless motor here and it seems strange that we didn’t get it. I wouldn’t think that price point would have too much to do with it since the PS22 has a brushless motor and isn’t any more expensive than the older models. With that said it does seem to be a good motor even though it’s not brushless.

How about this product here? that would make sense too for your work

I would love to get my hands on that vac Alex. If it makes it to NA I’m sure I’ll be testing it out.

Dan

danpattison.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I would love to get my hands on that vac Alex. If it makes it to NA I’m sure I’ll be testing it out.

yes it will. even Canda should get it 😛
    It’s a pretty neat vacuum.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Will done dan on the in depth review . It’s a shaving kit ………. lol watched the whole video .

Always willing to learn .

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Just watched the new video over on YT. Good, in depth review. I think you covered all the features very well.

Interesting that there is no apparent power loss through the right angle and offset attachments; that’s a big plus for the system.

It is better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all traces of doubt.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dab great review on the FlexiClick. Really enjoyed it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Enjoyed the video Dan….good to see you getting the time to get back into it. Although, when you don’t have the time to do video it means you are busy working and making money…..quite the conundrum on deciding which way to be happy for you…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just got the go ahead from Bosch to make my review live so here it is guys! Now you’ll be able to sleep tonight finally knowing what the mystery tool is 😛 Hope you guys enjoy the review and let me know if you have any questions!

Great review! This tool has made it to the top of my list!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I just got the go ahead from Bosch to make my review live so here it is guys! Now you’ll be able to sleep tonight finally knowing what the mystery tool is 😛 Hope you guys enjoy the review and let me know if you have any questions!

Nice review Dan. Really looking like Bosch has a winner with the flexiclick system.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

woodman_412

Thanks for all the comments guys! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the review and found it helpful. It was definitely a lot of work to put the review together but I felt like it was a tool that deserved it.

Enjoyed the video Dan….good to see you getting the time to get back into it. Although, when you don’t have the time to do video it means you are busy working and making money…..quite the conundrum on deciding which way to be happy for you…lol.

That is definitely the conundrum Jim. Producing videos does earn me money but not nearly as much as working on job. I enjoyed the change of pace this month though doing this review and then working on the custom built-in job in the shop last week and this week coming. I’ll be back to renos on site again in November but that has definitely been the most profitable work for me.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

So what review have you got slated next Dan?

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

woodman_412

I still need to get the review done on the Bosch 18V Starlock OMT Kevin so that will be next as far as reviews. I’ve also been talking with Bosch about the track saw so that should be coming up in the not too distant future as well.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I still need to get the review done on the Bosch 18V Starlock OMT Kevin so that will be next as far as reviews. I’ve also been talking with Bosch about the track saw so that should be coming up in the not too distant future as well.

Excellent! That’s the next tool I’m gathering piggies for. I still has a ways to go for it though.

What I’m not clear on is what former generation attachments can be used with it. I have two Feins, one is the original style I bought 15 years ago, the other is the clamp on style I bought a few years ago when the price went down on them.

I was in HD just a few days ago and was looking at the corded Bosch Starlock Plus. Seems there is only two types of attachment styles that it works with. The Plus and the reg 1st gen Starlock. Is there not an adapter offered by either Bosch or a third party for older generation OMT owners and their arsenal of attachments they may already have like myself?

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’ve also been talking with Bosch about the track saw so that should be coming up in the not too distant future as well.

I am definitely looking forward for this new tool. It’s about time that Bosch comes up with that 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

woodman_412

Excellent! That’s the next tool I’m gathering piggies for. I still has a ways to go for it though.

What I’m not clear on is what former generation attachments can be used with it. I have two Feins, one is the original style I bought 15 years ago, the other is the clamp on style I bought a few years ago when the price went down on them.

I was in HD just a few days ago and was looking at the corded Bosch Starlock Plus. Seems there is only two types of attachment styles that it works with. The Plus and the reg 1st gen Starlock. Is there not an adapter offered by either Bosch or a third party for older generation OMT owners and their arsenal of attachments they may already have like myself?

Unfortunately the older style attachments that aren’t Starlock won’t fit the Starlock tools Kevin. I was disappointed to find that out since I have a good stash of older blades and accessories. I do still have the older Bosch 12V OMT as well as my corded Fein so I can still use the older blades on those. The tool-free Starlock interface is just so nice though that I don’t like having to use the older style blades or tools lol. I’m sure I’ll get the old blades used up eventually.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice you looking at doing a track saw review. Sure hope Bosch send you one to use so you can do a fine review on it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Unfortunately the older style attachments that aren’t Starlock won’t fit the Starlock tools Kevin. I was disappointed to find that out since I have a good stash of older blades and accessories. I do still have the older Bosch 12V OMT as well as my corded Fein so I can still use the older blades on those. The tool-free Starlock interface is just so nice though that I don’t like having to use the older style blades or tools lol. I’m sure I’ll get the old blades used up eventually.

That’s what I suspected. I still want a crodless Starlock, but I guess I’ll have to buy some blades just for it as well. Not a deal breaker. Thanks Dan!

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

@woodman_412 Dan, I just watched your full review of the new Bosch 12v driver 5-1 flexclick.
    Thanks for sharing, lots of details.
    What do you have in mind for a next review??

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

What do you have in mind for a next review??

Already answered.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Great review on the 12V Flexiclick Dan. Appreciate the time you spend going into the tools capabilities and usage.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

woodman_412

Great review on the 12V Flexiclick Dan. Appreciate the time you spend going into the tools capabilities and usage.

Thanks Stan. Glad to hear you liked the review. I’ve been getting a lot of use out of it since the review and is one of those daily use tools. I was installing crown moulding in a kitchen on Friday like I did in the review and it’s a perfect setup for that.

Dan

danpattison.com

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 243 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.608 seconds