dcsimg

Does anyone use 3rd party cashback/rebates services?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cbbox 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

cbbox
    Pro

Hi!
    Not posting any links or ads. Just doing a little research.

Had an idea for a while and a month of free time recently. So, built an ebates-like platform just to level up on my coding skills. Looking into possible markets to test it (going to stay narrow for best feature expansion in the future). It’s a businesses-oriented site where business owners don’t have to share their account details with employees. They pick merchants to show on public profile, share customizable profile url, and get cash back when employees make purchases from personalized merchant urls on that profile(I get sales commission and pass most of it back to business on top of whatever deals they already have with the merchant).

The research part 🙂

1) Are any large purchases made online at all? Can they?

2) Is anyone using similar cash back services?

3) What’s an average monthly materials spend for mid-size GC business?

4) Are you shopping in large retail stores like Home Depot and Lowe’s or is it mostly specialized stores?

5) If it’s mostly specialized stores, could you name a few?

6) For example, Home Depot currently offers 2% commission (i can kick back 1.5%). Is the number large enough to add a little extra friction to purchasing process?

Thank you!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I belong to a couple of groups that give cash back for using specific manufacturers products. One is through our builders association and the other a different third party. I get back several hundred a year on these programs. Not to bad, it pays for my membership in the builders association.

cbbox
    Pro

What about purchasing materials like lumber from retailers via cashback links? I would imagine- there must be fairly large amounts going through every month.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I get rebates and airfare from my lumber suppliers based on a percentage of purchases

cbbox
    Pro

Do they have online purchase option? If they had one, and there was a 3rd party site that would add another couple of percent rebate if you bought through their online marketing url… Would you use that option? Would that extra couple of percent worth the hassle of not calling in, but using browser to make the purchase?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.308 seconds