dcsimg

Dodge Pro Master / Ford Transit Van

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Oh man I’m jealous can’t wait to see the rest of your layout inside @aa_custom . Will you do a build Logo on the sides .

Here are the mockups of what the vinyl work will be

I personally love it . They will for sure bring in more work for you .

Thanks. I think its really going to stand out, without looking too flashy at the same time. Should be installed next Tuesday.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Oh man I’m jealous can’t wait to see the rest of your layout inside @aa_custom . Will you do a build Logo on the sides .

That’s going to look pretty sharp Aaron. I will keep an eye out for you on the highways…if you see a guy in a white truck with Ohio plates waving like an idiot it is probably me lol.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

That’s going to look pretty sharp Aaron. I will keep an eye out for you on the highways…if you see a guy in a white truck with Ohio plates waving like an idiot it is probably me lol.

Haha, I’ll keep my eye out. Have you been doing much work up this way?

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Haha, I’ll keep my eye out. Have you been doing much work up this way?

Not lately but I have 2 people in Moon that I do stuff for once or twice a year and once baseball season starts the wife and I go to several games.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

The logo looks awesome @aa_custom!! What tool box system do you use? I have been very happy with the tough system in our van.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

The logo looks awesome @aa_custom!! What tool box system do you use? I have been very happy with the tough system in our van.

Thanks

I’m using Systainers and t stacks right now. I was debating switching to the tough system or ridgid boxes, but the t stack seems to have the most diverse offerings, and i like the size of them.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Man, now you got me taking a second look at the tough system. Decisions, decisions…

If you have the Tstaks I wouldn’t jump ship. If you were starting fresh then maybe. We went the tough system route for 2 reasons, no shelving required to hang them and we can get 2 tools in each small so less cases for us.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The logo and the shelves look really nice. Looks like you are off to a good start.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

The logo and the shelves look really nice. Looks like you are off to a good start.

Thanks. The hardest part is just finding the time to fit it out. I’m working a solid 40 in the field each week, with another 10-20 of paperwork, site visits and estimates on top of that. I try to make a point to not do any business related things on the weekend, but I may have to make some exceptions. I’ve had the van for almost a month and it’s killing me that I’m not doing anything with it. And to boot, my shop is a disaster since I cleared out the old van.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

If you have the Tstaks I wouldn’t jump ship. If you were starting fresh then maybe. We went the tough system route for 2 reasons, no shelving required to hang them and we can get 2 tools in each small so less cases for us.

I’ve only got 4 boxes so far, and one I’m not using. I like the idea of the drawer units. I’m thinking these would basically live in the van and be set up like a mechanics box for miscellaneous hand tools and such. The tough system open totes seem nice too. I am planning on at least getting the tough system radio though. That thing looks sweet.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Got the lettering done yesterday. Pretty happy with it. I’d imagine it would look pretty nice pulling up to a clients house.

Got a pretty good start on the shelving too. Still debating on whether or not to do some floor storage for tracks and levels

You nailed it with the van organization @aa_custom . I like the vacuum storage off the floor .

Always willing to learn .

Clev08
    Pro

@aa_custom that is a great looking work vehicle! The setup is very customized and looks like it took a lot of planning to get it right.

@aa_custom that is a great looking work vehicle! The setup is very customized and looks like it took a lot of planning to get it right.

He did great on the planning of its design . Every contractor should have a setup like that it’s clean , organized and looks very professional .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Thanks guys. Its still got a ways to go before I’m ready to call it done. There is still tons of space to fill. Im planning on filling all the little nooks and crannies with some fastener, caulking, trash bag, misc storage, etc. Probably going to build another set of shelves above the side units. If I decide to do floor storage like I originally wanted to, this will be for more systainers, otherwise I will make it for holding long items like levels, tracks, dust poles and tripods.

Right now I’m toying with the idea of making a paulk bench that doubles as floor storage. Then I can pull it out if i need to lay sheet goods, and lay the paulk benches on top.

So far I’ve got about 3 half days into the set up. It’s really nice because I can just build the units as a whole and set them right in the van. In the econoline I had to mount attachment points to the floor, roof and walls, then scribe panels to fit the shape and square them off of the floor. This is much faster.

How you like that Mft table by festool you have In the back of the van . Do you use that angle gauge a lot @aa_custom .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

How you like that Mft table by festool you have In the back of the van . Do you use that angle gauge a lot @aa_custom .

I love the table. Its super handy, I use it alot for clamping, sanding, assembly, etc. I don’t find myself using the fence set up as often as I though I would. Its kind of a hassle to set up.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

That looks really sweet!

That extra height means a whole nother level of storage.

I love the table. Its super handy, I use it alot for clamping, sanding, assembly, etc. I don’t find myself using the fence set up as often as I though I would. Its kind of a hassle to set up.

Yeah that’s what i was thinking about the angle setup . I my one day just get the Mft table basic .

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.626 seconds