dcsimg

Dodge Pro Master / Ford Transit Van

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Id have to lean towards the pro-master. 50% of the newer vans being run by contractors / trades people up here are the pro master. the other half is a split with the Fords and Chevys/GMC.

Id have to lean towards the pro-master. 50% of the newer vans being run by contractors / trades people up here are the pro master. the other half is a split with the Fords and Chevys/GMC.

that could just mean that the dodge dealership gives better deals.

Dodge has the 100,000 mile warranty . Ford has just 36,000 mile warranty . Could be a big reason .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@DirtyWhiteBoy it’s the 3.7 v6. Haven’t loaded it up yet, but empty it pulls just fine up hills. It’s surprisingly Zippy. Has about 20hp less than my 4.6 v8 f150.

Wow I was thinking my next van would be a 5.7L because the 5.0L Is gut less on the Ridges we have over here. That 3.7 must be geared differently.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

dodge dealer up here doesn’t give any deals. I drove 3 hours and saved 18,000. But most of these vans have the local dealers name on them.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ll keep you guys posted, and probably add to the van thread when I start racking it out.

Really nice van you picked up. Looking forward the customization.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

@DirtyWhiteBoy it’s the 3.7 v6. Haven’t loaded it up yet, but empty it pulls just fine up hills. It’s surprisingly Zippy. Has about 20hp less than my 4.6 v8 f150.

Wow I was thinking my next van would be a 5.7L because the 5.0L Is gut less on the Ridges we have over here. That 3.7 must be geared differently.

Seems like they’ve been coming a long way with getting the most out of these smaller engines somehow. I just looked it up and it actually puts out more horsepower than my 99 5.4. This van has the 4.10 rear end which I hear helps it out quite a bit.

Never been to Hawaii, but Pittsburgh has some of the steepest streets in the world, haven’t driven up many of them yet, but I’ll keep you guys posted when I start really putting it to work.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

but Pittsburgh has some of the steepest streets in the world

@aa_custom
    You aren’t kidding…Load that truck down and drive it up Canton Avenue lol. If it can handle that it can handle about anything.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Dodge has the 100,000 mile warranty . Ford has just 36,000 mile warranty . Could be a big reason .

yep, that would do it for me.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

but Pittsburgh has some of the steepest streets in the world

@aa_custom You aren’t kidding…Load that truck down and drive it up Canton Avenue lol. If it can handle that it can handle about anything.

That does look like a steep one.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/28/steepest-streets-america_n_4871559.html

Just down the road from me is Wilhelmina Rise,,,

Hi @aa_custom you figure out what inside layout you going to do on the new van . Do you have any problems with it you don’t like .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Hi @aa_custom you figure out what inside layout you going to do on the new van . Do you have any problems with it you don’t like .

Got started on shelving yesterday. Finally. Hoping to find more time this week while the subs come in at my current project.

Here is what I got done so far,

Shelf widths are sized for my systainers and t stacks. Probably going to make a deeper set on the opposite side to hold my ct’s, fastener bins, as well as other larger goodies. On top of these units I will be doing some long storage boxes for levels and tracks. Mft, SCMS, and compressor storage will go up front against the partition.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

No real complaints yet. Runs great, is really nice to drive. I have my vinyl guy coming next tuesday to do my logo work on it too.

Oh man I’m jealous can’t wait to see the rest of your layout inside @aa_custom . Will you do a build Logo on the sides .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

locally the transit hasnt really caught on with too many contractors. reason being the full size is special order only but the small ones are on the lot ready to go, problem being the little transit doesnt have the interior space that the e-series has and nowhere near the power.. canada post has a full fleet of them, i have a few friends who work for them but they all say that the transit really struggles to get up to speed when getting on the highway when it is fully stocked with mail and even thats not as heavy as carrying tools and fasteners.

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

i have a few friends who work for them but they all say that the transit really struggles to get up to speed when getting on the highway when it is fully stocked with mail and even thats not as heavy as carrying tools and fasteners.

That’s not exactly what I wanted to hear…is there a larger motor available or is it just the 4cyl?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

locally the transit hasnt really caught on with too many contractors. reason being the full size is special order only but the small ones are on the lot ready to go, problem being the little transit doesnt have the interior space that the e-series has and nowhere near the power.. canada post has a full fleet of them, i have a few friends who work for them but they all say that the transit really struggles to get up to speed when getting on the highway when it is fully stocked with mail and even thats not as heavy as carrying tools and fasteners.

Interesting. On paper the transit has more power than my e250. I haven’t run it really loaded up yet, but it’s mighty fast empty. My e250 didn’t seem to notice any load at all though.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

i have a few friends who work for them but they all say that the transit really struggles to get up to speed when getting on the highway when it is fully stocked with mail and even thats not as heavy as carrying tools and fasteners.

That’s not exactly what I wanted to hear…is there a larger motor available or is it just the 4cyl?

3.2 5 cylinder diesel, 3.5 ecoboost v6 and the 3.7 standard v6

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Oh man I’m jealous can’t wait to see the rest of your layout inside @aa_custom . Will you do a build Logo on the sides .

Here are the mockups of what the vinyl work will be

Here are the mockups of what the vinyl work will be

I personally love it . They will for sure bring in more work for you .

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.706 seconds