dcsimg

Dodge Pro Master / Ford Transit Van

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve come across an opportunity to pick up a used Transit.

Keep us posted. Vans have their advantages over pick-ups for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Alright, I am really on the fence right now as I’ve come across an opportunity to pick up a used Transit.
    I’ve been considering my options for some time now and am beginning to lean towards the purchase of one of these because all I need at this point is a simple tool hauler that provides secure tool storage. I’m going to have to look into the option to add an inland marine policy, or something to that effect to the insurance…but I’ve found one for less than 25k with just over 70,000 km on it.
    It’s one of the smaller Connect models, but I am certain that I can configure it to fit my needs…I’ll set up a meeting with the dealer soon and report back.

You can start from $23,000 price point on a brand new one in the states .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Alright, I am really on the fence right now as I’ve come across an opportunity to pick up a used Transit.
    I’ve been considering my options for some time now and am beginning to lean towards the purchase of one of these because all I need at this point is a simple tool hauler that provides secure tool storage. I’m going to have to look into the option to add an inland marine policy, or something to that effect to the insurance…but I’ve found one for less than 25k with just over 70,000 km on it.
    It’s one of the smaller Connect models, but I am certain that I can configure it to fit my needs…I’ll set up a meeting with the dealer soon and report back.

Don’t they come in 3 or 4 different sizes now? Didn’t ford move the assembly to the plant in Kansas City?

Don’t they come in 3 or 4 different sizes now? Didn’t ford move the assembly to the plant in Kansas City?

Last time I was at the ford dealer looking at trucks 8 months ago . They couldn’t keep up with the build of them with demand so high in certain markets . Yes there built in the states . That all I see now on service companies . The E-series is dead .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The E-series is dead .

That might be a bit of an overstatement! I think it depends on the usage and weight that the owner needs. A buddy of mine owns a cleaning company (primarily carpets) and he uses E-350s/GM equivalents. On the other hand, his house cleaner people use a few Transit Connects because they don’t haul the big gas powered vacuum pumps.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

The E-series is dead .

That might be a bit of an overstatement! I think it depends on the usage and weight that the owner needs. A buddy of mine owns a cleaning company (primarily carpets) and he uses E-350s/GM equivalents. On the other hand, his house cleaner people use a few Transit Connects because they don’t haul the big gas powered vacuum pumps.

That comment was for that ford does not make the e-series no more .

Hi @aa_custom share with us your new Transit you just picked up . Looking forward to seeing your inside tricked out .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Hey will, long time no post. Just picked up this guy on Thursday. Found a good deal on a certified pre owned 2015. I’ve only out about 70 miles on it, but so far it’s great. It handles great, it’s surprisingly nimble in the city. Should get about twice the fuel economy of my econoline. I’ll keep you guys posted, and probably add to the van thread when I start racking it out.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Hey will, long time no post. Just picked up this guy on Thursday. Found a good deal on a certified pre owned 2015. I’ve only out about 70 miles on it, but so far it’s great. It handles great, it’s surprisingly nimble in the city. Should get about twice the fuel economy of my econoline. I’ll keep you guys posted, and probably add to the van thread when I start racking it out.

Looking forward to the build.
    Twice the mileage will add up to big savings fast.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Will you wrap the sides of the Transit @aa_custom . Or just the doors for now .

Totally jealous @aa_custom! That’s the right brand and looks like a great size!! What is the tool box system of choice for the build out on the inside?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

@overanalyze

I did a bunch of homework, and decided the ford seemed to be the best of the bunch, though I may be biased as I am a ford guy in general. I think I could have been happy with a mid height, but I was able o get this for 26k so I decided to go with the high roof, that way I can build a floor with compartments for my saw tracks, levels and possibly my mft.

Gonna do the racking all from plywood, gonna build it out for systainers. I might swap out my t stakks for the tough system boxes and build some shelving for those as well.

woodman_412

That’s a nice looking van. Looking forward to seeing how you set it up.

I’m hoping that next time I rent a van for a job it will be one of the new Transit vans so I can see what they are like first hand.

Dan

danpattison.com

if the transit connect was available in 4×4, I’d already own one.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Totally jealous

I’m jealous too. That looks super nice. What size motor is in it and how does it do with going up ridges and rises?

that looks sweet. Cant wait to see what the inside will hold

@aa_custom I would definitely recommend the ToughSystem boxes! If you make the brackets like we did it saves a bunch of time building shelves in the van. Just a solid sheet of 3/4 ply/Advantech and you can screw the brackets anywhere. I still have systainers and shelves for those.

Andrew

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

@overanalyze are you the one who made the brackets I saw? I rember seeing some sort of set up that looked really quick and easy to build.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

@DirtyWhiteBoy it’s the 3.7 v6. Haven’t loaded it up yet, but empty it pulls just fine up hills. It’s suprisingly Zippy. Has about 20hp less than my 4.6 v8 f150.

@aa_custom Yes. We used a stock l-bracket from Ace Hardware. I think they were 10″ x 10″. Then I welded a small tab on the side to keep the handles locked on. The brackets were drilled already so we just used a #12 or 14 screw right to the Advantech. The brackets were $12 a pair. The Dewalt ones are $20 a pair and still require some type of tubing system to attach to.

Andrew

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.560 seconds